Azgalor: Wave 8

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Azgalor: Wave 8

Postby szohaib » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:46 pm

Hey there Guys!

I am an old reader and a keen learner.. Have picked up loads of tips and benefited alot from the discussions.

Me and my guild have been doing MH from past 2 days. We downed Winterchill, Antheron, Kaz'rogal. Now about azgalor, we reached up to him on the first try buy due to lack of co-ordination we wiped. Anyhow, we kept on trying. Now I am not sure that whether it was the lack of intereset of the guildies as they were tired or what, I died on the bloddy abominations wave.. 2 to 3k hit + Nasty stun = Dead me!... Simple as that. Even though using EveryManForHImself once and using HW as soon as it was up and having another holy paladin using it (rotations). I died.

Anyhow, that was sorted as I had more healers on me!... Now the worst part is that as soon as Azgalor shows up, he walks through the outpost where the trolls (npcs) are. If I donot pull him rite from there entrance, the NPCS die which considerably add to the dps on him during the encounter. I do that so I could build up enough threat while I am kiting him back to Thrall to engage him into the battle but as I am doing so, I either get a 9.9k cleave or a melee swing which makes me stand at 2k hp. As I managed to tank him, I was being bashed like a fly. 3k to 4k hits were normal. And it was a real SHAME that I was not seemingly avoiding any of hits. Understandable that his cleave is bad ass, but I got a melee swing of 9.9k with bloddy 841 absorbed and 1982 overkill. How on earth should I absorb that. My hp buffed up in raid is 22.1k with 20k armor. Def 498 with def rings (which I might no be wearing on in my armory link). Anyhow, I would be very glad if you could give me some tips on this guy.

Am I outgeared to tank him? Or was it due to the lack of healing ?... Feedback would be very much appreciated..

Cheers

Scorp

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... m&n=Scorpx

PS: Well, Armory link is not showing my BattleWorn Tuskguard and Amani Shield from ZA. So my unbuffed hp is 16677.
szohaib

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:19 am

As for the waves, i always tell the healer to freaking ignore everyone except me because i'm crazy and too full of myself, but i never died there xD Though, a few healers always keep an eye on the other ones, because they do spot some abominations off of me.
I don't really intend to tank them all it's just at the beginning noone can stand my aggro output, so for a short duration i got them all on me.
What you can do is get a Free Action Potion and drink it whilst engaging the aboms so you cannot get stunned.
Otherwise healers need to be very aware ...

On Azgalor, he sure does hit hard, even me and im a few pieces into sunwell (legs and T6 stuff) but my first time tanking this encounter last week i was shocked how freaking much damage he does.
Your healers need to be very aware and keep healing up all time on you. All Paladins should know that Lay on Hands is now a pretty nice tool to keep up more armor on you xD Since LoH doesn't burn all mana anymore it can be used very tactically!
Ryuusuke

Re: Azgalor: Wave 8

Postby Rehlachs- » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:59 am

szohaib wrote:I died on the bloddy abominations wave.. 2 to 3k hit + Nasty stun = Dead me!... Simple as that. Even though using EveryManForHImself once and using HW as soon as it was up and having another holy paladin using it (rotations). I died.

having your raid progress and your unbuffed stats in mind, I introduce myself to imply your avoidance is kind of low.
so, if you pick up several Abominations, you will be stunned quite often (well.. probably you will just die after the first or second stun).
since the incoming damage is low, especially since the whole block value

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP..

Now the worst part is that as soon as Azgalor shows up, he walks through the outpost where the trolls (npcs) are. If I donot pull him rite from there entrance, the NPCS die which considerably add to the dps on him during the encounter.

keep some NPC on the front gate alive to buy some time. Misdirection pull afterwards. this should do it unless your hunters or dps are retarded.

Am I outgeared to tank him? Or was it due to the lack of healing ?... Feedback would be very much appreciated..

you definitly don't outgear this encounter, since mh wasn't hit by the whole nerf thing. you might also have problems to become crit immune.

azgalor hits slow - and hard. to be honest, a paladin tank is not the best choice on tanking that thing (for various reasons). you can do it for sure, but other tanks will take less damage on this encounter.
Rehlachs-

Postby towelliee » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:35 am

Free Action Potion = your friend
towelliee

Postby Conaan! » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Azgalor prenerf, which is the only time i tanked him, was a b**** and VERY expensive, chain chugging ironshield pots for azgalor, dont know if you can do it now though, commendation + Moroes trinket combo works WONDERS, make sure you got shamans Strength of earth totem down (now gives agi), Devo aura up (MUST have), atleast 52% avoidance, 14.5k-15k hp unbuffed and 17-18k armor, if you start dying, tell your healers to get their heads out of their rear end, there is no reason to be dying, other than your healers dont know how to heal why your moving a boss.

for Wave 8, sacrificial dummies work great, i personally died everytime on wave 8, its the name of the game, have whoever isnt tanking azgalor tanking wave 8 (picking up all trash at once) and blow ALL his cooldowns and his HP pots/Healthstones AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, that person MUST be spammed healed until the other tanks pick the aboms off him and you get CC on whatevers left, holy wrath is god during ANY pull with aboms, stun for a few seconds for your healers to catch up
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Use FAP pot just as the aboms are reaching you. When the pot wears off pop holywrath to stun them all. Then use bubble wall. Use HoJ on one of the ones hitting you. Then use your human racial. Your HW should be up again so use it. Most should be dead by now.

The only waves I find FAP useful now is Wave 6&8 on the 4th set of trash.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby kurros » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:23 pm

The thing is with abominations is that they can be stunned. Get your rogues to stunlock a couple, use hammer of justice whenever it's up, and you can greatly reduce the damage they put out on you.

I just did full hyjal clears the last two weeks (except not archimonde last week, finally got him yesterday), and the trash only wiped us once- we typically had 3 tanks, 1 pally and either 2 warriors or a warrior and feral.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Return to Mt. Hyjal