Remove Advertisements

11 point talent "Maybe" Info

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby uke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:15 am

Ilara wrote:
Oh and I hate PvP. Get rid of it.
there, I said it.


It's a significant portion of this game. If you can't accept that fact, then keep crying about it like it'll actually solve something. There are many other games that don't have a PVP aspect to it if you hate it that much.

I like to both PVE and PVP. I'd be pissed if Blizzard removed either one.

In other words, DEAL!
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:18 am

INCOMING MASS OF QQ ABOUT PVP VS PVE!

>.>


Seriously drop that fucking ball and keep going.

PvP is there, and so is PvE. One makes or breaks what happens to the other. ARE WE FREAKING DONE NOW?
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15537
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby uke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:29 am

Snake-Aes wrote:INCOMING MASS OF QQ ABOUT PVP VS PVE!

>.>


Seriously drop that fucking ball and keep going.

PvP is there, and so is PvE. One makes or breaks what happens to the other. ARE WE FREAKING DONE NOW?


Snake, I think I love you.

(but in a purely PLATONIC sense! don't be getting no ideas... :wink: )
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:54 am

I abhor pvp. 2-years-to-get-a-8k-honor-trinket bad.
not-raiding-arch-progression-and-accepting-it-so-badly-pvp-is-hated bad.

Still, it's there and many love it. It's not going anywhere.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15537
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:23 am

Just a quick heads up for anyone who hasn't played with deathknights much yet- not all mobs can be gripped. A large portion of NPC's and particularly raid bosses are immune to push/pull mechanics. If a "holy death grip" does hit the table, don't be shocked if the movement portion does not function for a large amount of pve. In the case of death knights the fixate and pull mechanics are unrelated (it works as a taunt regardless of the pull landing), so it wouldn't hurt the "single target taunt" angle.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby warden » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:53 am

Just a thought here, and not too deep, but what about this:

"Space reserved for snappy name via edit"
2 Min CD
Uses 6% base mana
Removes any existing silence effects, and makes you immune to silences/interrupts for 15 seconds.

The thought: It is definately a viable PvE prot talent. Think maiden, mother, etc, it would be great for knocking off that annoying silence that happens to drop just at the wrong time, but on a long enough cooldown that it couldn't be abused horribly to make us "silence-proof". It would also be somewhat viable for rets in PvP, (disclaimer: I have played VERY little ret pvp) allowing them to cast unimpeded, or heal, but again, not long enough to be horribly abused. If they wanted to make it a teensy bit stronger, make it a "hand" spell that could be used on others, but this might be a bit OP for an 11 point.

Thoughts?
warden
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Postby uke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Warden wrote:Just a thought here, and not too deep, but what about this:

"Space reserved for snappy name via edit"
2 Min CD
Uses 6% base mana
Removes any existing silence effects, and makes you immune to silences/interrupts for 15 seconds.

The thought: It is definately a viable PvE prot talent. Think maiden, mother, etc, it would be great for knocking off that annoying silence that happens to drop just at the wrong time, but on a long enough cooldown that it couldn't be abused horribly to make us "silence-proof". It would also be somewhat viable for rets in PvP, (disclaimer: I have played VERY little ret pvp) allowing them to cast unimpeded, or heal, but again, not long enough to be horribly abused. If they wanted to make it a teensy bit stronger, make it a "hand" spell that could be used on others, but this might be a bit OP for an 11 point.

Thoughts?


While a good idea, I don't think it would be useful at all for ret in PVP.

Silences are annoying, but happen much more infrequently and less of an issue as dealing with kiters.

I think a charge of some sort would be much more useful both for Prot and Ret.

As a side note, did anyone here ever play Diablo 2? Remember the 'Charge-a-din', i.e. paladin with a big hammer charging baddies left and right?

Yeah...that would be pretty sweet.
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby warden » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:05 pm

Ya, ret PvP experience is definately my weak point in this suggestion. 90% of my arena experience is hunter or shammy.
warden
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Postby uke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Warden wrote:Ya, ret PvP experience is definately my weak point in this suggestion. 90% of my arena experience is hunter or shammy.


That's cool, I was just giving my two cents.

From a purely ret PVP view, I'd take a charge over a silence immunity anyday. I think it would be pretty sweet (though not essential, which is what GC stated their goal was) for Prot as well.
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby warden » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:10 pm

uke wrote:That's cool, I was just giving my two cents.


And it's much appreciated :)
warden
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Postby Jtree » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:44 pm

I've got it! It's over-the-top and paldiny-flavoerd, and might be stealing from lots of classes.

Crusader's Charge
3 minute or so cooldown
20 or so % base mana
8-30 yard range

The paladin sprints toward his enemy with increased speed for a few seconds (3-4)?, trampling all foes who get in his path. This ability is enhanced by the paladin's riding skill.

0 riding skill. The paladin sprints 30% faster than he normally runs, dealing damage equal to twice his level to all foes in his path.

75 riding skill: The paladin summons his warhorse, dealing damage equal to five times his level.

150 riding skill: The paladin summons his Charger, dealing damage equal to ten times his level.



Not quite a charge, as it could expire before the pally reaches his enemy. But it gives multi-target damage, a gap closer, and it would be all sorts of awesome to see when it happens. :lol:
Image
User avatar
Jtree
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:29 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Mmm I like the idea of a sprint-style ability. It is technically another class's ability but not a tank (unless you count catform druids).

I'm not sure how well it would work if it was linked to riding skill, but I love the idea of using the Charger.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:00 pm

Lore wrote:I love the idea of using the Charger.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby Garath.Gorefiend » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:10 pm

Lore wrote:Mmm I like the idea of a sprint-style ability. It is technically another class's ability but not a tank (unless you count catform druids).

I'm not sure how well it would work if it was linked to riding skill, but I love the idea of using the Charger.


I know an ability like that would of helped last nite when I was messing around killing scourge and farming drops (was bored).

Got jumped by a frost mage and holy (bloodelf) paladin...I didnt have a chance in hell...frost mages are just way to good at keeping distance.
Garath.Gorefiend
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:07 pm

Postby Conaan! » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:15 pm

Jtree wrote:I've got it! It's over-the-top and paldiny-flavoerd, and might be stealing from lots of classes.

Crusader's Charge
3 minute or so cooldown
20 or so % base mana
8-30 yard range

The paladin sprints toward his enemy with increased speed for a few seconds (3-4)?, trampling all foes who get in his path. This ability is enhanced by the paladin's riding skill.

0 riding skill. The paladin sprints 30% faster than he normally runs, dealing damage equal to twice his level to all foes in his path.

75 riding skill: The paladin summons his warhorse, dealing damage equal to five times his level.

150 riding skill: The paladin summons his Charger, dealing damage equal to ten times his level.



Not quite a charge, as it could expire before the pally reaches his enemy. But it gives multi-target damage, a gap closer, and it would be all sorts of awesome to see when it happens. :lol:


better to go off level, lvl 30, warhorse, lvl 60 charger, that way money isnt put into the equation
Image
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
User avatar
Conaan!
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest