Remove Advertisements

3.0 Mother how much shadow res?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby dmok » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:44 am

Rehlachs- wrote:
Conaan! wrote:i think illi councils door is shut until mother is dead and i dont think you can skip illi council without pulling them

the door leading to Illidan is opened within an event, when Akama approaches that door and does his Captain Planet-thingy. that event probably won't happen if the council is still alive.

I guess I phrased my question incorrectly.

I had assumed that the Illidari Council had to be killed. As did Mother.

What I really was curious about was if it was possible to get to Illidan without killing RoS, Bloodboil, and Gorefiend. Normally, skipping those bosses would be kinda stupid. But we raid only 2 nights a week for usually 3 hours a night so time is of the essence.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Wulfhere » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:51 am

Bloodboil, RoS, and Gorefiend must be killed to open the door to Mother. I checked this week. Once, with Akama dead and the other 3 alive, door closed. Killed Bloodboil and RoS, door still closed. Killed Gorefiend, door open.
Wulfhere

Postby dmok » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:53 am

Wulfhere wrote:Bloodboil, RoS, and Gorefiend must be killed to open the door to Mother. I checked this week. Once, with Akama dead and the other 3 alive, door closed. Killed Bloodboil and RoS, door still closed. Killed Gorefiend, door open.

Damn. Ok, thanks for the info.

Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Re: 3.0 Mother how much shadow res?

Postby ShaiHulud » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:28 am

Mysticknight wrote:Okay was just wondering how much shadow res would be needed for her now.
Right now i'm having everyone make 2/5 bt shadow gear the cloak and bracer since we are currently lacking in HoD and can only supply 2 Hod per person. will 80 (+15 to back) cut it? the 2 off tank will be in full shadow res.

Basically if your raid can kill her in about 3 minutes you win. Anything more than 3 minutes and you'll start hitting the point where you have too many people dead from teleports. One night a few weeks ago my pug was hitting the 4 minute mark and wiping at 5% almost every attmpt. Went in the next night a little more strict on who I brought and it was a 2 minute 30 second kill. Pop everything about 20-30 seconds in just to give the tank a little lead and you should be good. If your DPS isn't good I'd make as much shad resist for as much people as you can. Even going in with like 250 resist you might get some good RNG.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby towelliee » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:35 am

We don't use any SR :/
towelliee

Postby Conaan! » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:48 pm

wait, why are the OT's in full SR? the saber lash is physical is it not? just put them in their maintank gear, if someone gets ported on the tank, even if the OT's are in full SR your maintank still might die and if he dies, its a guranteed wipe since the SR set reduces avoidance by ALOT
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Jobah » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:43 am

yeah, its easy to do w/o shadow resistance now, just bring good dps and u should be golden
Jobah

Postby dmok » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:55 pm

Jobah wrote:yeah, its easy to do w/o shadow resistance now, just bring good dps and u should be golden

Our biggest problem turned out to be a lack of healers. We eventually got her down with only a raid-wide average of 150SR, but we were only using 6 healers. Definitely says something about the skill of our healers.

dmok

Postby ShaiHulud » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:07 pm

dmok wrote:
Jobah wrote:yeah, its easy to do w/o shadow resistance now, just bring good dps and u should be golden

Our biggest problem turned out to be a lack of healers. We eventually got her down with only a raid-wide average of 150SR, but we were only using 6 healers. Definitely says something about the skill of our healers.

Not really. 2 on Tank 2 on OTs and 2 on the raid. Raid damage really isn't bad at all unless you get teleported. I was healing on my shadow priest spec'd holy. CoHing the raid up was really pretty easy with 0 SR. Now 6 healing Council. Thats a challenge :P. Thank god I had possibly the best resto druid I've ever seen in raid that kept the mage tank and rogue tank alive.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Previous

Return to Black Temple