Remove Advertisements

LW Question re: Drums

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

LW Question re: Drums

Postby Alberich » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:34 am

My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere --- do we know if the Northrend drums have officially been pulled from leatherworking?
Alberich

Re: LW Question re: Drums

Postby kurros » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:12 am

Alberich wrote:My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere --- do we know if the Northrend drums have officially been pulled from leatherworking?

Yes, and the existing drums scale down as you level until they are basically worthless at 80. They were just too strong for increasing raid DPS.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby guillex » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:14 am

They've been replaced with a couple of sweet bracer patches, though.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby daemonym » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 am

Guillex wrote:They've been replaced with a couple of sweet bracer patches, though.

are you referring to the resist linings and the 90 (still don't think this can be right) stam to bracers ones?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Morpheren » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:01 pm

daemonym wrote:
Guillex wrote:They've been replaced with a couple of sweet bracer patches, though.

are you referring to the resist linings and the 90 (still don't think this can be right) stam to bracers ones?

I believe there are SP and AP versions as well.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Caelia » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:12 pm

In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Noobgetier » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Since this thread is up allready; Are leatherworking and blacksmithing are the best Staminabuffers to get ?

Or is something else better?
I'd like to get a confirmation on that befor 13.11.08 :)
You've no where to hide! You've no where to run!
You're village will burn like the heart of the sun!
With infinate glee, it's going to be me, that slaughters the world!
For Pony !
Noobgetier

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Minning is a good chunck aswell
Io.Draco

Postby Noobgetier » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Mining is only 500 HP

According to my current informations: LW 78 stamina + due enchants

Stamina scales - hp not
You've no where to hide! You've no where to run!
You're village will burn like the heart of the sun!
With infinate glee, it's going to be me, that slaughters the world!
For Pony !
Noobgetier

Postby Håvard » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:48 pm

I think it's LW > BS > Ench > JC > Mining, but JC may be better than BS and Enchanting if 30 stamina gems (Solid Majestic Zircons) are not readily available for a while.

BS gets 2 sockets, so that's a 60 stamina advantage with Solid Majestic Zircons, but if they are not readily available, it's a 48 stamina with Solid Sky Sapphires.

Enchanting gets 48 stamina via two 24 stamina ring enchants.

JC gets three unique 51 stamina gems, which give a only a 33 stamina advantage when Solid Majestic Zircons are the norm, but a 51 stamina advantage when Solid Sky Sapphires are the norm.

JC does offer the most flexibility, though, and the unique JC gems are prismatic, which could translate to more socket bonuses meta bonuses.
Håvard

Postby Spaceman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:54 am

Håvard wrote:JC gets three unique 51 stamina gems, which give a only a 33 stamina advantage when Solid Majestic Zircons are the norm, but a 51 stamina advantage when Solid Sky Sapphires are the norm.

JC does offer the most flexibility, though, and the unique JC gems are prismatic, which could translate to more socket bonuses meta bonuses.

Each Dragon's Eye is Unique-Equipped, last I checked, meaning you can only have one of those Stamina gems active at a time. However, using a JC trinket, you DO gain an extra 2 sockets as well. This is why I'm going BS/JC as opposed to many of the other options. I also believe you can have two separate JC trinkets up at once, which combined with BS would give you 6 more gems, or up to 191 bonus Stamina. Not bad at all. (Solid Dragon's Eye is 41 stamina.)

(Unfortunately, BS is at 166 currently with 116 mining... and I do not have game time, since I'm only starting up again at Wrath's launch... so I'll have to go back at 80 probably to catch up professions. Lame...)
Spaceman

Postby dmok » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:04 am

Spaceman wrote:Each Dragon's Eye is Unique-Equipped, last I checked, meaning you can only have one of those Stamina gems active at a time. However, using a JC trinket, you DO gain an extra 2 sockets as well. This is why I'm going BS/JC as opposed to many of the other options. I also believe you can have two separate JC trinkets up at once, which combined with BS would give you 6 more gems, or up to 191 bonus Stamina. Not bad at all. (Solid Dragon's Eye is 41 stamina.)

They are unique-equipped (3). So you can have up to 3 JC-only gems (of any type) equipped in your gear. This does not mean you can have 3 +stam and 3 +def gems. It means that you can have a TOTAL of 3 JC-only gems in your gear. Which is still freakin awesome.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Helpunot » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:29 am

Spaceman wrote:
Håvard wrote:JC gets three unique 51 stamina gems, which give a only a 33 stamina advantage when Solid Majestic Zircons are the norm, but a 51 stamina advantage when Solid Sky Sapphires are the norm.

Each Dragon's Eye is Unique-Equipped, last I checked, meaning you can only have one of those Stamina gems active at a time. However, using a JC trinket, you DO gain an extra 2 sockets as well. This is why I'm going BS/JC as opposed to many of the other options. I also believe you can have two separate JC trinkets up at once, which combined with BS would give you 6 more gems, or up to 191 bonus Stamina. Not bad at all. (Solid Dragon's Eye is 41 stamina.)

(Unfortunately, BS is at 166 currently with 116 mining... and I do not have game time, since I'm only starting up again at Wrath's launch... so I'll have to go back at 80 probably to catch up professions. Lame...)

Is the 191 bonus stamina real? That would make JC totally OP, unless those trinkets can also be replaced by naxx / next level higher trinkets that (do?) have sockets.
Helpunot

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:57 am

It's not "191 stamina". It's a trinket with 2 sockets which you gem with 2 * 45 stam gems.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Helpunot » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 am

Are there 2 tankadin friendly JC trinkets that both have 2 extra gem slots. Reason I ask is that I have been thinking about taking the dive into JC for a long time now. Seeing people with over 40k gold just cuz they are jc's is retarded (though I don't really know what you would 'need' that much gold for) + the added utility or stam that such trinkets give.

EDIT: I have checked out what is available, and it doesn't look like there is anything but the dodge trinket that would be truly viable for us. So besides the bop gems, and the trinket I spose there is no other reason to pick up JC vs say leatherworking.
Helpunot

Next

Return to WotLK