Remove Advertisements

Void Reaver

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Prepared » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Afraithe wrote:Well, you don't want any other casters in melee range (other then aoe heals/chain heals) having them run in and JoL can be really bad if they get an orb at that moment, gameover for a lot of ppl.


Congratulations! A use for your token Retribution Paladin.

Don't have one? Neither do we. :\
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."


Image

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
User avatar
Prepared
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Teah » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:44 pm

Ditto no ret pally. My hate would prolly not be good enough without crusader up. While its a good idea, melee dieing because I tried to help out the healers is not a good thing.
Teah
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:29 am

Postby Tanks-PL » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:13 pm

I don't understand why you people say he doesn't crush or hit hard.

The first time I tanked him I got crushed for 7.3K, melee hit 4K, melee hit 4K, melee hit 4K and died as our healers had out of range issues.

Last week was much better as I activated HS right away, but when he does a melee hit he still hits me for 4K+. He did not seem to do back to back melee hits like he did last week though.
Image
Tanks-PL
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:29 am

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:00 am

Simply hitting for 3-4k and crushing for 7kish is "not hitting hard".
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13365
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby PsiVen » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:04 am

Yeah, you must have gotten quite unlucky with a parry streak or something. It's almost impossible for that to happen because he so often interrupts his melee attacks.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby DJSticky » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:25 am

Tanks-PL wrote:I don't understand why you people say he doesn't crush or hit hard.

The first time I tanked him I got crushed for 7.3K, melee hit 4K, melee hit 4K, melee hit 4K and died as our healers had out of range issues.

Last week was much better as I activated HS right away, but when he does a melee hit he still hits me for 4K+. He did not seem to do back to back melee hits like he did last week though.


In the grand scheme of things 4k auto attacks are not hard hits. When the auto attacks start comming for 8-9k then I'll lable it as "hitting pretty hard".

Not sure who said he can't crush because this is obviously wrong.
Image
DJSticky
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:09 am

Postby Afraithe » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:15 pm

Our guild is actually gearing up a ret pala, if they are about to be buffed, we might as well get used to having one, ret pala buffs my threat quite a lot, as well as the dps of the raid.
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Postby Teah » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:47 pm

DJSticky wrote:
Tanks-PL wrote:I don't understand why you people say he doesn't crush or hit hard.

The first time I tanked him I got crushed for 7.3K, melee hit 4K, melee hit 4K, melee hit 4K and died as our healers had out of range issues.

Last week was much better as I activated HS right away, but when he does a melee hit he still hits me for 4K+. He did not seem to do back to back melee hits like he did last week though.


In the grand scheme of things 4k auto attacks are not hard hits. When the auto attacks start comming for 8-9k then I'll lable it as "hitting pretty hard".

Not sure who said he can't crush because this is obviously wrong.


I've never had him crush me that hard, worst crush I've seen from him was 5k damage or so. He usually hits me for 3.5k-4k. :shock:
Teah
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:29 am

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Yeah it sounds like you got your own problem pretty much nailed down, your healers aren't topping you off.

It took quite a bit of me yelling in vent for heals before our healers started healing me like they heal any other tank.


I like how boss mods freak out that the boss is targeting a healing class and start screaming that you're taking orbs.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Postby Tanks-PL » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:09 pm

PsiVen wrote:Yeah, you must have gotten quite unlucky with a parry streak or something. It's almost impossible for that to happen because he so often interrupts his melee attacks.


Probably, as I looked over the logs for all the other tanks and did not see a single back to back melee.

People were beginning to doubt my ability to tank. Of course, I also had zero heals during that period too, as our healers were not used to VR.

The only times I died on all the attempts last week was at the enrage (2% best attempt so far). We should get him this week as we went from 70% the first week to 2% the second week.

Now, if gruul will drop the Magus blade tomorrow I'd be set as that would put me close to 400SP.
Image
Tanks-PL
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:29 am

Postby dern » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am

I am just so happy with our VR kill last night I had to post.

I had a Ret pally, but not in my party. The spell damage helped a lot. I put up wsdom, a healer put up light. Think he said he had to re-judge like 3 r 4 times.

I was wearing around 335 spell damage. I held him from start of fight at 1:59:49.09 to 2:04:55 . . . .it was awesome. He's still on Dernthor . . . still on Dern . . .still on Dern. . . damn Dern

I had a lot of luck on knockbacks. 4 missed, 3 parried, and 4 dodged.

I got him back at the end of the fight for another 30 seconeds.

Next time I'll get in our ret pally's group, my 2 prot warrior buddies are starting to hate that fight /lol Also, BS plans for belt dropped and I won them /yay me
This is definitely one of those fights that make me glad I'm a pally.
dern
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:17 pm

Postby Joanadark » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:49 am

we had no less than THREE [Plans: Red Belt of Battle] drop clearing to him this week, bringing the number of our blacksmiths who can make it to four.

have yet to have Belt of the Guardian plans drops.... QQ
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Postby DJSticky » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:27 am

Teah wrote:
DJSticky wrote:
Tanks-PL wrote:I don't understand why you people say he doesn't crush or hit hard.

The first time I tanked him I got crushed for 7.3K, melee hit 4K, melee hit 4K, melee hit 4K and died as our healers had out of range issues.

Last week was much better as I activated HS right away, but when he does a melee hit he still hits me for 4K+. He did not seem to do back to back melee hits like he did last week though.


In the grand scheme of things 4k auto attacks are not hard hits. When the auto attacks start comming for 8-9k then I'll lable it as "hitting pretty hard".

Not sure who said he can't crush because this is obviously wrong.


I've never had him crush me that hard, worst crush I've seen from him was 5k damage or so. He usually hits me for 3.5k-4k. :shock:


Lol no VR doesn't hit for 8-9k, I was saying I'd call THOSE hard hits, not VR 5k crushes.
Image
DJSticky
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:09 am

Postby Anubisknight » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:36 am

What HP do you guys run at and also what avoidance mitigation stats for VR? My guild has him on farm right now, but I was wondering if I could swap out some gear for more spell damage gear.

On another note, VR is a really fun fight for a paladin tank. Starting off with a MD + AW will allow you to hold aggro over 3-4 knockbacks at least. My personal best was tanking him till he was at 62%. After that, a knockback + an unlucky orb silence meant that I couldnt keep the TPS up and it was tank rotation as usual.
Anubisknight
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:02 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby DJSticky » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:41 am

I usualy have about 17k buffed, 17ish dodge, 18ish parry and 20ish block.
Image
DJSticky
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:09 am

PreviousNext

Return to Tempest Keep

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?