New Blizzard Tank Forum -> What do we want?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Inukshuk » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:44 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Tbolt wrote:Shield slam, bash whichever, the point was to have a secondary effect so it's not just a "press this button to generate x amount of threat" ability.

Shield Slam is exactly that: press this button to generate x amount of threat. Can't compare ShoR with Bash, it's analogous to slam.

Actually, Shield Slam is "Press this button to generate x amount of threat AND dispel one magic effect on your target". I'm not saying it's meaningfully superior, but it's worth noting.
Inukshuk

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:12 am

Sabindeus wrote:Man I already answered this question.

Check this thread
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/26/1206508 ... happy.html

I'm not happy :)

(ok, I'm happy with like 95% of the changes to be true, but still there are those how did GC call them? Awsome little Tweaks? I want for my Prot Paladin.

Movement, 11 Point Talent and a comparable TPS/DPS/Avoid/Mitigation/HP. Not more, but not less. Right now on some we are 4th. Doesn't matter if I can down the boss, I don't want to be the 4th in more then one or two points :)

And give us the 1 Target taunt.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Torquemada » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:13 am

Someone feel like sharing what GC said for those of us who are on work-impaired internets?
Torquemada

Postby Arcand » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:26 am

Torquemada wrote:Someone feel like sharing what GC said for those of us who are on work-impaired internets?

In response to a reasonably-worded "Paladins really have trouble dealing with heavy AoE damage and would appreciate a solution, presumably one with a ruinous mana cost":

Just say for sake of argument that anything remotely like Circle of Healing is off the table. Just pretend we said that it goes against the vision of the paladin class or whatever to ever AE heal (that's not true, but just roll with me here).

Now then, what is the one healing spell you would want added to your repetoire?
Arcand

Postby Elsie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:31 am

Just say for sake of argument that anything remotely like Circle of Healing is off the table. Just pretend we said that it goes against the vision of the paladin class or whatever to ever AE heal (that's not true, but just roll with me here).

Now then, what is the one healing spell you would want added to your repetoire?

Consecrate
Where consecrate functions similar to the m'uru caster trinket, increasing healing done to all within the circle or actually healing them for the ticked amount (via talents).
Elsie

Postby Robbert » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:07 am

Elsie wrote:Consecrate
Where consecrate functions similar to the m'uru caster trinket, increasing healing done to all within the circle or actually healing them for the ticked amount (via talents).

There was actually a very cool suggestion back in the BC beta days when Concecrate first went baseline to add an Improved Concecrate late in each of the three tress. The holy version would add a healing effect to friendly targets, the prot version would add a threat multiplier, and the ret version would up the actual damage done. Too bad nobody at Blizz took action on that gem. :(
Robbert

Postby Andryana » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:49 am

There's a lot of GC posts on those new sections, i'm guessing that's the place now where we will see most of blue posts regarding class design.
Andryana

Postby Katamai » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:06 am

I would like to ask them if they can change my main's class from paladin to warrior since they seem to be hopeless about balancing this class.

I don't feel like doing all the achievements over again, getting all the rare mounts/pets/rep since they are being complete retards about this whole "ret balancing" trainwreck.

But then again, WoW EU community is and has been a 2nd class citizen for Blizzard for a while. I doubt we'll ever see a CM or a Dev on EU forums to answer any of our questions.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:17 am

Bleh they should just allow people from EU to post on US forums....
Io.Draco

Postby mandm413 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:45 am

Tbolt wrote:RF that can't be dispelled/turned off EVER!!!! :)

I agree with this, it should not be dispellable. I don't want to see it become an aura though and I just wish they would roll the damage reduction into another protection talent and remove the improved version from the talent tree.
mandm413

Postby Obrimos » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:01 am

Danth wrote:"RF should make you faintly glow."

No. My character already looks like a neon billboard.

What would *I* like?

Normal-looking weapons. Silvery, normal-looking armor. I want to actually like the way my character looks, instead of thinking it looks like something out of some kid's comic book. Warcraft is the only role-playing game I've ever played where my character looked better at level 20 than at the level cap. Put in some more plausible options for the folks who dislike the 'stylized' (to be polite) style. I'm largely content with my Warcraft Paladin otherwise.

Danth

I hate to say this, Danth, but the art direction in this game is horrible for what you want. Warcraft will be, and always has been, stylized like it is. Even Warcraft 1 had a more over-the-top style than comparable fantasy artwork.
Obrimos

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 pm

Obrimos wrote:
Danth wrote:"RF should make you faintly glow."

No. My character already looks like a neon billboard.

What would *I* like?

Normal-looking weapons. Silvery, normal-looking armor. I want to actually like the way my character looks, instead of thinking it looks like something out of some kid's comic book. Warcraft is the only role-playing game I've ever played where my character looked better at level 20 than at the level cap. Put in some more plausible options for the folks who dislike the 'stylized' (to be polite) style. I'm largely content with my Warcraft Paladin otherwise.

Danth

I hate to say this, Danth, but the art direction in this game is horrible for what you want. Warcraft will be, and always has been, stylized like it is. Even Warcraft 1 had a more over-the-top style than comparable fantasy artwork.

Go play Warhammer imo. Sounds like more what you want.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:10 pm

ok everyone go post your agreement here

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3465&sid=1
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Danth » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:42 pm

"Go play Warhammer imo. Sounds like more what you want."

There are Paladins in Warhammer? No? Then I'm not interested. Besides, I dislike PvP in role-playing games. There are other genres (such as flight sims and shooters) much better suited to fighting real opponents. PvP in role-playing games inevitably strikes me as artificial and contrived. Hence I do not like Warhammer, although I do indeed like the concept artwork for the Knight of the Blazing Sun.

Just because something *is*, does not mean that it cannot change. Warcraft gradually devolved from 'slightly cartoony' to completely over-the-top (as noted, my low level or beta characters looked acceptable). Current design looks so implausible that it suggests genuine ignorance on the part of the artists who create it. I will continue posting my displeasure with that design choice as long as it exists.

I particularly loathe excessive use of glow effects. My sword looks like a lightsaber, my helm could be a lighthouse beacon, and my horse looks like a radioactive mutant. It's ridiculous--and so widespread that it isn't even unique. I don't think it looks 'cool' or 'neat', I think it's silly and makes us look like a bunch of christmas tree ornaments. I might have liked it when I was ten or twelve. If you disagree with my opinion, fine, but I'm not going to change my feelings on the subject--ever.

I'm short on time, so that's all for now.

Danth
Medivh server, on hiatus
Danth

Postby Obrimos » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Danth wrote:"Go play Warhammer imo. Sounds like more what you want."

There are Paladins in Warhammer? No?

Knights of the Blazing Sun.

Also, your low-level characters started out 'generally cartoony', but the series has ALWAYS been over the top.

Look at Warcraft 3 units. Or Frozen Throne units. This IS the art style. It's never going to look more serious.
Obrimos

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK