Remove Advertisements

Had idea about blessings

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Had idea about blessings

Postby combo64 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:40 am

Think GC can make a talent (11 pointer) so that paladins can have 2 blessings. i.e be able to cast kings and wis. on themselves, and only 1 buff to anyone else like kings. Mainly making a talent so that you can get 1 extra blessing solely on themselves. Maybe it can be OP in PvP, but druids are already. ;O
combo64

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:42 am

Nice idea but I worry about ret in PvP. They could then always run around with might+kings, or if they had a warrior Kings+wisdom.
Last edited by majiben on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:53 am

I'd call that solution rather bad. You're still having to bless yourself twice, making kings/sanctuary an effective 7 points combo.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby GothicPL » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:03 pm

I love this suggestion. In 10 mans I'm likely to be the only pally, and both Kings and Sanct are great tanking blessings. Same would apply to holy (Kings + Wis) and ret (Kings + Might).
GothicPL

Postby Jasari » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:06 pm

The problem is that the talent would be really useful in 5mans, situationally useful in 10mans, and worthless in 25mans. If they want us to be able to buff ourselves with kings and sanc, they should make sanc a (self?) buff and not a blessing.
Jasari

Postby combo64 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:05 pm

it was an idea that can be used when there are no ret palis in the 25 man raids, i did think it would seem OP in pvp but i want all druids to DIE IN PVP!!!!! :twisted:
combo64

Postby Zumor » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:43 am

how bout:
use 2 blessings at the same time only on yourself
if you use only 1 blessing Increase its effect by 25% (balance the number)
Zumor

Postby sleku » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:34 am

I'd prefer "On Use" effect on 11-pointer tbh.
sleku

Postby tbolt » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:54 am

Zumor wrote:how bout:
use 2 blessings at the same time only on yourself
if you use only 1 blessing Increase its effect by 25% (balance the number)

This is a pretty decent idea, that way you can have 125% kings in 25 man raids, a more effective Sanc in 5mans or non-progression raids, and both for all the stuff in the middle.
tbolt

Postby Zumor » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:39 pm

a on use effect for tanking, think about it
they dont want to copy another skill from other classes,

and what is left what we need for tanking?
single target taunt = that shouldnt be a talent
some kind of spellblocker = spellreflect?
interrupt casts (on lower CD than Hammer) = pummel/kick?
last stand copy?

the 2buffs on yourself and only 1 buff = increased effect thing would be unique,
it would fix the problem with kings and sanct with only 1 pala, would scale with multiple pala's in the raid and makes more soloFun as well,
having 2 buffs at the same time helps us
(maybe combine it with a Dispell-protection of RF and/or unlimited time RF for a bit more comfort for protpaladins as well)
holy/retri would have to spend a bit of points to get in the talenttree to do the same, but wouldnt benefit from it as much as we would

Edit:
after thinking about it a bit more I posted it in EU-Betaforum, too bad blizzard is absent there most of the time, but if you can or are interested please post it in USforums where blizzard has at least a bit open eyes
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... sid=2003#0

Edit2 :roll: :
I was thinking about something else too, why not add effects to blessings

same as before:
use 2 blessings or (new part)
use 1 blessing and it has an additional effect on yourself
-kings could be more powerfull
-might add a proc-chance on hits or like that (for retris)
-sanct could make the Holyshield able to block incomming Direct (! not dots) Magicdamage with maybe a limit (one blocked spell eats 2 charges instead of 1)
-wisdom could add a manareturnchance on spells (like the metagem)

I myself would love to see that kind of Spell-absorb
Blocking is something a paladin does more often than a warrior, paladins are balanced around their shield, it would fit the image of a holy warrior to use his holy power and his shield to do something.
Maybe add spells are always blocked while Holyshield is active or 2times the blockchance for spellblocking or something like that to guarantee incomming damage-lowering (we have no dodge or parry for spells, we would need something like that to guarantee damageabsorb)

It would also be the same thing again with warriors and paladins like on melee-attacks
we paladins block more often
we would lower each incomming spell like we do with melee attacks
while warrios make much heavier but less blocks (or complete absorb/reflect)
It would have use in pvp against casters.
Zumor

Postby combo64 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:11 pm

combo64

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:36 pm

I hate durids.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby combo64 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:33 pm

people keep askin for single taunt talents, maybe somone can tell me why would that be usefull. i read that it would mainly be usefull in raids but if the other tank has a single taunt mech. then why dont we initiat the pull and they would taunt off us.
I can see there would be a problem if there are 2 paldin tanks in the raid. GC also mentioned that if they do put a 11 point talent it would catch the eyes of ret palis also and this would, i think, be considered as a good investment
it can raise out mitigation, avoidance, dps, and health.
maybe im not able to see the significance of having a single taunt talent, but this idea is still a win(prots) win(rets) situation
combo64

Postby phaqueue » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:53 pm

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the reason people want a single taunt is for situations where you have to pull off another tank... or for pulling...

granted that having the pally initiate the pull will solve some of those problems... but there are fights where it doesn't work as well... HKM comes to mind... most groups prefer to have the mage initiate the pull in order to get the mage mob positioned where he wants it... but with the way pally taunt works right now - you run the risk of pulling the mage mob from the mage tank when you try to taunt your mob...

luckily some of these issues can be "fixed" or at least gotten around through the use of Misdirection... but I would prefer not to have to rely on another class to give me aggro as a tank...
phaqueue

Postby Zumor » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:23 am

remember: in WotLK 10man Raids 90% of all mobs and boss are tauntable!.
and I talk about situations where you can pull aggro from a little bit burstTPS (on pulls, while pulling, 10sec after pulling, aggroreseting mobs and blabla)
Another tank taunting back his mob when we taunt is not a way to fix that problem and 2 tankadin's taunting at the same time to exchange mobs either

One target, any situation where you want to taunt only one mob from someone (Magetank has aggro from something else he doesnt need, MT is visited by some other mob, your mobs that you tanked are dead, you want to grab one of 2 mobs on the other tank, ....)

Your taunt is resisted, Backup taunt (every other class has one taunt (or "Force to attack me" spell until CD of taunt is ready again)
taunt resist = wait and maybe wipe for raid.

Line of Sight and Range, we need the Player(!) to be in Line of Sight and in range of our attack,
if there are fights like Gothik the Harvester where the raid is split in half you cant taunt Gothik, he doesnt reset aggro after teleports and runs back to the other tank (in 10man not that big of a deal, but maybe in 25 a reason to wipe, the debuff is stacking only on one side of the raid and could lower healpower, tankHP and DPS so much that it could kill the tank before Gothik is killed)
it can and will be difficult in any bossfight-design where the raid has to stay apart or in diffrent rooms.
Ever seen the sitation when a mob is next to you and you cant taunt him because its target is behind a pillar or around a corner or out of range?

the problem with the bug, we have the only taunt that has a bug in it, the serverside lag makes taunts go to the wrong player and not taunting the target we want.

All together our taunt is the most unreliable taunt of all taunts in game, on top of that we dont have another taunt where all other tanks have atleast one more option or more. And now that all taunts are 20y our only little advantage that we had is gone as well. (ok, ours is 40y, but we havent a way to stop stunimmune running mobs, warriors can charge infight or intercept, bears can charge, DKs can Pull them, and our target is not the mob itself, its the player, we need 40y for that)
we can taunt 3 targets at the same time, but most of the time we want only one mob in WotLK (new spells and talents and TPS fix most of problems with multimob tanking/pulling)
IMO we should have a 8sec CD normal taunt and make our multi-target taunt a higher CD (30sec or something like that) and let it work as our special taunt like warrior.
To balance with "its imba, if we get that we are too strong"blabla some people say, it would be ok if that new taunt is only melee range, the option to have at least a backup/singletarget taunt is enough, it doesnt need to be a exact copy of warriors 20y taunt.

(a mocking blow like ability wont do the job, because we cant taunt the mob with it when it goes back to its original target (aggro resets back to its original state after debuff fades), we need a second taunt because the way our taunt works now cant work with a mocking blow together)

"why not make the singletarget taunt a glyph or talent?"
a glyphe is there to improve an ability or change its effect and trade some part of that skill for another, what we need is an added necessary tanktool, not a change to our taunt, we need another taunt, and we need a way to singletarget taunt, both problems are fixed with one singletarget taunt.
why not a talent, did you see any talent in the talenttree that gives a taunt to the other tanks? or any absolut basic tankskill in wotlk? (every tankclass can tank 5mans in WotLK in a non-tank-specc) same as above
Zumor

Return to WotLK