Remove Advertisements

MgT: Avenger Shield zombie aggroed 1st boss

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

MgT: Avenger Shield zombie aggroed 1st boss

Postby Wakeman » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:04 am

I quitted for a few months and returned a few days ago. This morning I tanked MgT for the first time.

In the room of the 1st boss, we cleared the right group of trash mobs and I proceed to Avenger Shield the middle two zombies. Somehow the boss was aggroed and we wiped. I think the last bounce of AS hit him.

Is this a known issue? Or bug? Anyone have similar experience before?
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby rabbel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:50 am

Thats not really a bug. Avengers Shields bouncing distance became 15 yd after the patch hits, if you play around with it you will notice this is a hell of a lot more than prepatch. Before the patch he was just far enough away to not be hit by it.

Solution: Bodypull the last two wretched or let your team enter the room and pull the last two together with the boss. No big deal, since he hits like a sissy, and you have more than enough time.

/edit: Oh, and to be noted: Avengers Shield bouncing distance will be reduced to 10 yd with upcoming 3.0.3
rabbel

Postby Wakeman » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:13 am

lol ic, this explains the problem.

Thanks!
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Voxe » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:22 am

These 2 mobs are undead right?

you could use excorsism to pull and AS when they are coming at you.
Voxe

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:27 am

They are not undeads.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:42 pm

Worldie wrote:They are not undeads.
But if you are a magic user they will eat your brain :-D.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby guillex » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:02 pm

They're like the mobs for the Arm the Wards! daily.

I had that happen to me the other night ... Though I'd COMPLETELY forgotten about the bounce range. Locked 2 of our DPS outside when I aggroed the boss.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Katerina » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:39 am

After having accidently pulled the entire room with the boss (no one died, but it was a pretty heart-stopping moment) I've just been having someone else pull and then I HotR them once they are in range.

I will honestly be glad when AS reverts to 10 yard bounce. While the glyph to make it single target would eventually solve that problem, I rather like starting trash pulls with solid aggro on three of the mobs. A glyph that left it at 3 targets but removed the stun effect would be more useful IMO, as it is particularly difficult to get some dpsers to lay the hell off the barely moving mobs until they crawl all the way to me.

Minor really in the scheme of things though.
Katerina

Postby Voxe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:33 am

The good thing about Frizzbee pulling the boss, is that you already got some aggro on him ;-)

Just switch targets to him and keep yer consecration up, let your healer sweat a bit and your DPS sort it out amongst themselves :)

edit: patch 3.0.3 has decreased the frizbee bounce distance to 10ft (from 15ft) so it should not happen again.
Voxe

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics