Divine guardian bug?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Divine guardian bug?

Postby Conaan! » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:19 pm

has anyone noticed taking DG damage when divine shield is not on you?

i was running ZA and taking 75 damage every time a flamecaster did his spell
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Nuclearseal » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:38 pm

if the DS is not on u, u can take damage from any kind of damage dealer ofc...about the 75 damage u were taking from flamecaster i dont know what to say, seems to low for me, dont know :)
Nuclearseal

Postby Conaan! » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:54 pm

Nuclearseal wrote:if the DS is not on u, u can take damage from any kind of damage dealer ofc...about the 75 damage u were taking from flamecaster i dont know what to say, seems to low for me, dont know :)

no no no, your not understanding, DG is hitting me for 75 damage, from the flamecasters aoe damage

i actually have a buff i just realized that is divine guardian, apparently it never turned off, Hex lord and ZJ were cake with DG constantly up, we 6 manned it from 100%-0% because of it
Conaan!

Postby Pallypete » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:37 pm

The buff sticks up if you pop wings (Avenging Wrath activates Divine Guardian now for some reason). It stays up even after the wings fade.
Pallypete

Postby Conaan! » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:42 pm

Pallypete wrote:The buff sticks up if you pop wings (Avenging Wrath activates Divine Guardian now for some reason). It stays up even after the wings fade.

ah thanks, now i know when to click it off
Conaan!

Postby Girard-eredar » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:50 pm

wings procs DG? I hadn't noticed. I do recall seeing DG sticking up one time, but I thought it was just a graphical bug cause I don't recall taking any extra dmg. I must run some tests.
Girard-eredar

Postby Galoheart » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:02 am

Its most likely due to the quick Hot Fix nerf that Paladins got earlier in the night meant for Rets with using Avenging Wrath & Divine Shield in PvP. Avenging Wrath now again causes forbearance and probably affecting Divine Guardian as well as use of all other shields. You can read the WoW Forums about it. It's pretty hot there.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Amarant_Pally » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:12 am

As of now...

DS/AW - Both cause 2min Forbearance, procs Divine Guardian (whatever rank you have trained). Divine Guardian is not removed on buff-fade; must click off.

DP/HoP - Both cause 2min Forbearance, does not proc Divine Guardian.

Any situation where DG is proc'ed is causing me to take damage from party members taking damage.

Edit: Another "lolfix" to Ret that broke Prot, as Ret's don't pick up Divine Guardian (excusing the "obvious issue" on whether or not a Prot should, as well).
Amarant_Pally

Postby Conaan! » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:33 am

Amarant_Pally wrote:As of now...

DS/AW - Both cause 2min Forbearance, procs Divine Guardian (whatever rank you have trained). Divine Guardian is not removed on buff-fade; must click off.

DP/HoP - Both cause 2min Forbearance, does not proc Divine Guardian.

Any situation where DG is proc'ed is causing me to take damage from party members taking damage.

Edit: Another "lolfix" to Ret that broke Prot, as Ret's don't pick up Divine Guardian (excusing the "obvious issue" on whether or not a Prot should, as well).

its not killing us, only if we actually check our buff bars, its a great help as long as you know how to use it
Conaan!

Postby Jobah » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:19 pm

dude i noticed this shit last night in za, healers were surpised at how easy the spirit bolts were and i was just like "thats cuz 30% of the dmg was redirected to me" Shit is sexy ill cry when they fix it =/
Jobah

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:21 pm

It's nowhere close to sexy if you pop wings in a fight with considerable raid damage (Eredar Twins anyone)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Conaan! » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:54 pm

Worldie wrote:It's nowhere close to sexy if you pop wings in a fight with considerable raid damage (Eredar Twins anyone)

macro fixes that, spec out of it will fix it, not pop wings and instead pop shield wall

3 viable fixes, it will be fixed by tuesday anyways
Conaan!

Postby Harlequina » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:57 pm

I learned this the hard way when doing lolprotdps on Naj'entus.

Tidal Shield breaks... BAM!
Harlequina

Postby sanctifico » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:31 pm

Love this bug atm.
I fair enough I take "extra" damage, but when your stopping 3/4rs of the group dieing by taking the damage, when your receiving 60% overheal anyway its just win.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Cema » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:55 pm

I just thought about popping the wings during Illidan phase 2 to see if it can prevent a wipe of one of the fire resist tanks. In fact all in all the global damage taken would be the same but it would prevent an unpredictable burst on one tank and a wipe

ps : seems to have been fixed on live. My wings do not trigger DG any more
Cema

Next

Return to WotLK