Remove Advertisements

Danger Danger, Avenging Wrath Bugged!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Danger Danger, Avenging Wrath Bugged!

Postby Pallypete » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:22 pm

I logged on tonight and discovered that for some reason I had the divine guardian buff on myself without being bubbled. So I tested some stuff out, if you bubble it pops up and then it fades when the bubble drops, but if you pop wings it now invokes divine guardian (meaning we take 30% of raid damage) and DOESN'T go away when wings fade. That could suck in a raid.
Pallypete

Re: Danger Danger, Avenging Wrath Bugged!

Postby Amarant_Pally » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:32 pm

Pallypete wrote:I logged on tonight and discovered that for some reason I had the divine guardian buff on myself without being bubbled. So I tested some stuff out, if you bubble it pops up and then it fades when the bubble drops, but if you pop wings it now invokes divine guardian (meaning we take 30% of raid damage) and DOESN'T go away when wings fade. That could suck in a raid.

Just confirmed by popping wings (didn't even have to bubble, although I did about 10min ago in between reading threads; oddly, my foreberance only lasted 2min). Anyways, popped Wings and got the DG buff.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Mortehl » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:34 pm

Which is probably a good reason why a main tank build doesn't include divine guardian.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Pallypete » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:36 pm

Meh, I took it cause it's not like we have to be "perfect" specced right now, and it's got some fun uses on one-tank fights like Naj'entus. But taking around 75k to the dome after popping wings in that fight doesn't sound like much fun. >.<
Pallypete

Postby Amarant_Pally » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:37 pm

Mortehl wrote:Which is probably a good reason why a main tank build doesn't include divine guardian.

Well it's a good thing I'm not a "main-tank," 'cause our shitty-attitude Warrior still has the spot...for now.

Issue =\= how people spec.

Issue = bugged talent.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Mortehl » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:38 pm

Amarant_Pally wrote:
Mortehl wrote:Which is probably a good reason why a main tank build doesn't include divine guardian.

Well it's a good thing I'm not a "main-tank," 'cause our shitty-attitude Warrior still has the spot...for now.

:(

Your day will come.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Pallypete » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:57 am

Tested this morning, still doing it, looks like it's gonna be a wings-free weekend. :evil:
Pallypete

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:05 am

I wouldn't normally spec DG, but I am for KJ. It's situationally useful, and paladins who OT and are happy with being OT will probably love it.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby TokenElf » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:06 am

I would bet money this is because they hotfixed AW to cause forebearance.

Check to see if shield wall, er Divine Protection does it.

I'm guessing putting AW back onto the list for forebearance messed up how that talent works with AW.

When forebearance activated: check for Divine guardian buff. If divine protection: do not add buff.

somewhere in the code I bet this is in there in some form.
AW was taken off the list of forebearance so it never was added to the exception list.
TokenElf

Postby Pallypete » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:42 am

Divine protection doesn't make it go off, only Avenging Wrath (and Divine Shield obviously).
Pallypete

Postby TokenElf » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:52 am

Pallypete wrote:Divine protection doesn't make it go off, only Avenging Wrath (and Divine Shield obviously).

That pretty much nails it to being an exception for the talent. AW was not added to the list.
TokenElf

Postby Conaan! » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:29 am

thats incorrect mortehl, for now theres only 2 other areas, imp hoj and reckoning, the amazing usage of divine guardian helps with main tanking, especially when i was learning BB fight, DG=win, even when im "main tanking"

oh yes, make a macro that say /cast avenging wrath /cancelaura Divine Guardian and your fine
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby PsiVen » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:34 pm

At 80 I would definitely choose the situational utility of DG over 2 points of SotP/HoJ/Reck.

This is a pretty funny bug though. I don't get how Spirit Bolts all hitting the paladin for 30% is a good thing, that means the paladin is taking in like 4k DPS...
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Pallypete » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:37 am

Checked it this morning, it has been fixed.
Pallypete

Postby TheBaldGuy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:52 pm

Pallypete wrote:Checked it this morning, it has been fixed.

Good. I've been raising a stink w/Blizzard since they told me it was not a bug, but intended behavior.
TheBaldGuy

Return to WotLK