Remove Advertisements

The elusive 11 point prot talent

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

The elusive 11 point prot talent

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:19 pm

Wrapped inside the nerf post about using Wings and the bubble at the same time, which is probably reasonable, GC mentions the following...

Ghostcrawler wrote:We are also sympathetic to the notion that if Ret can't do insane burst damage, that the spec might need other tools to be viable in PvP. We're exploring this now, possibly though the missing 11-point Prot talent, possibly through other avenues. We'll let you know when we've made a decision here.

So some sort of DPS or offensive utility it looks like.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:20 pm

A Dps utility would actually fix our current major issue.

A istant spammable attack, or "on next attack" i'd like. A "mana dump" would be great.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:25 pm

Worldie wrote:A Dps utility would actually fix our current major issue.

A istant spammable attack, or "on next attack" i'd like. A "mana dump" would be great.

Well yea except they caused the issue with over reaching seal nerf. I'd rather not have a talent that makes up for a nerf we should have never gotten in the first place.

I'm a little frustrated that they nerf our damage to nerf ret and then they look at using our long lost missing talent as a way to provide them utility. If they choose to use our talent for this they better make it good for prot too and not by merely undoing what they needlessly nerfed in the first place.

Something tells me....charge...
Last edited by Fridmarr on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Avias » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:25 pm

Avias

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:28 pm

Avias wrote:http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=16339

someone beat you to it.

Son of a...

Fridmarr, please use the search engine in the future...
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Return to WotLK