Illidan help requested

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Illidan help requested

Postby Big Mushy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Hey all just thought I would post a quick question about illy.

Last night was our progression night and they let me tank him first attempt wasn't too bad I just had to learn about the moving him around easier (it did look funny watching me the first few times) but anyway I could tank Phase 1 without a problem, phase 2 I just sit down and grab myself a coffee (I don't but I tell my guild that) Then the last infernal is on 5 % health, so I heal myself up make sure I'm above 95% infernal dies and I get into position, heres where the problem started

Illy lands and I know I have a few seconds of him being unhittable so I wait 2 seconds and drop consecrate and have Holy shield on and Seal of Blood, while waiting I make sure that seal and holy shield always is on and hover my mouse over exorcism the second he is attackable I hit exorcism, and a judgement but for some reason it was too late last night he already killed a healer even though both hit, as soon as the healer was dead then he came back to me.

So the next attempt same thing goes on and I tell one of our hunters to make sure MD is on me, exact same thing just wondering what I can do to pick him up easier without getting a healer killed. (didn't help that the second time the healer was just as close to illy as me)

anyway oh wise Tankadins, thanks for reading and I look forward to downing him before 3.0 hits

(oh and another note after countless attempts we got him to 60% so i'm proud)
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby Zappi » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:23 am

Does your raid leave the area where Illidan lands as soon as the flame dies?

I think Illidan targets just the nearest (?) player. Even if he does not target the tank - he'll have to run to the next healer and not just turn around to kill him.

Use your avoidance trinket + ironshield pot, because some healers won't heal you while running. I'd use holy shield 4 seconds after landing, otherwise it could overlap with shear.
Zappi

Postby Tiranknight » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:49 pm

The healer in question was probably pre-healing you as Illidan became attackable... thereby drawing healing aggro.

need to warn your healers not to heal for that sensitive moment where his is transitioning. but be ready for once you've established solid aggro. Heals like Prayer of Mending, and Earth Shield now count as the Healers aggro,,
Tiranknight

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:36 pm

Overheals generate no aggro.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Healer may have been healing up the raid, generating healing aggro.

Just be ready to bop the healer, next time. Make sure everyone is out of the center area so you can face off with Big Ugly alone. If he heads away from you at all, use your bubble macro. Something like

Code: Select all
/cast [help] Hand of Protection; [target=targettarget,help] Hand of Protection
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby caboom » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:12 am

Also if you would use SoV(seal of corruption) by the time he attacks u should have 5 debuff stacks on him that would stick him to you as soon as he is active.
caboom

Postby Promdates » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:15 am

Make sure no one other than yourself is on the grate where he lands, or he can run to that person. Stand next to him, wait about 2-3 seconds after he lands and drop a consecrate and use holy shield. When he pops up, spam HoR, Judgement, and Exorcism. He should be stuck to you like glue then. Oh, and as someone mentioned before use Seal of Corruption/Vengeance.
Promdates

Postby hopps » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:44 am

I assume he was using sob at the start so it wouldn't be resisted on a judge

anyway oh wise Tankadins, thanks for reading and I look forward to downing him before 3.0 hits

this is an old post but since everyone is bumping it I was going to add, if you use a pallie for flame tanking have him watch for healers pulling aggro and have him do the bop so you can save gcd's for tps.

Just be ready to click off a bop on yourself when illidan target switches back to you and you get the bop intended for a healer. (time this with his soul siphon abiltity for added hilarity)
hopps

Postby Big Mushy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Sorry for the late reply I kinda forgot about this thread...

yeah this is an old thread and it was normally a healer who was healing someone who ran into a flame on the way to their spot for phase 3 or healing the second FR tank up properly that's how he used to get aggro after a while the officers agreed to just let him die as he kept on doing it (didn't catch the agro reset part of the strat) SoB was always used to pick him up.

We never did down him pre 3.0 so its kind of sad and I was demoted the other day to an FR tank as we had one xfer so now I have to let a warrior tank it ><
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Return to Black Temple