Dual specing prot prot

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Arnock » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:22 pm

I was considering something similar, before I actually took a serious look at the ret nerfs, I was thinking a 51/20 sort of build might actually be able to do comparable dps =P

with obscene amounts of strength a HotR/shor/seal of vengeance/righteousness rotation might do decent dps

but pure ret will still out dps prot

So I'll be ret for dailies, pvp, and bosses I'm not tanking, and prot for raiding most of the time
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Boldbeard » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Orms wrote:
Boldbeard wrote:I plan on dual spec'ing Prot Prot. I love Prot in BG currently, so I'll probably spec for pure PvP Prot, and then spec tankin.
not a bad idea too. I just know i wont go holy, and ret doesnt seem like THAT much more DPS when soloing since i pull large groups of mobs when I farm. The biggest thing for me though is the avengers shield glyph and some other talents that are only good vs single target.

Even with the nerfs, Ret IS THAT much more DPS.

PvP is not ALL ABOUT dps.
Rexxar, 70 Prot (spec in flux)
Boldbeard

Postby Danth » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:05 pm

If I use the dual talent build feature at all, I'll use it for maintaining two separate Protection talent builds.

Possible uses I'm considering:

--Using one as a specialized build for certain 'gimmick' encounters if such exists.
--Maintaining one build with Blessing of Kings and one without, so as to always ensure access to it.
--Using it as a means of switching glyphs (if they're linked to the builds).

I'm a die-hard tank. Damage-dealing doesn't interest me and healing, even less so.

Danth
Medivh server, on hiatus
Danth

Previous

Return to WotLK