I'm just a bit worried

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Aranbenjo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:59 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Aranbenjo wrote:Because we are in "MAINtankadin" site ...
Not "OFFtankadin" site or simply "Protadins" site.
we export concern and ideas ... about main tanking ... if there's not Main tanking we are talking fo something different.
So by your post we should have the consequence that
"all the MT idea will stay the same from BC to wotlk ... so i will never tank a boss like naj'entus on progression, since the fellow warrior is a good one"


The fundamental thing you are missing is that many of us ALREADY Main tank things like Najentus on progression. Which is why this being maintankadin makes perfect sense.

If you aren't main tanking things already, and you don't see that changing in WotLK, maybe you should find another site!

(ok that last bit was horribly snarky but it needed to be said.)


Naaa it's not snarky ... it's just that maybe i'm too much involved of difending the cause "Pallyz have no special feature to consider them better than a warrior when it comes to main tank".

While this may be true (it's only my Pow), this not means that we need someone who's best. This means that things are not changing.
So when the blizz says "we made all the tanks spec viable" , that for me means nothing. They are viable, but it has no consequence in the satus quo. So where's the blizz acheivement?

I'm not here for sake of arguing ...
But some of u here feel confy with this position ...
Someone (like me) is not.
Since nazi are out i think we can share opinions.

Now i will quit with my reply here on this topic, because i feel i'm out of scope...
I'm not a main tank as a lot of you are, so i cannot deeply understand the things u say and i cannot share the satisfaction that comes back from hard work.
Just would like to thank all for the patiente and effort to try to make me understand why blizz made such a good work for us in wotlk.
There are a lot of nice ppl here (this is not sarcasm) . :D
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:34 am
Location: italy

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:02 am

You still fail at understanding that even if they give paladins 300% more HP, 500% more avoidance and 900% more threat, you will not overcome the Main Tank spot of a well established main tank.

Because currently you don't earn MT slot by class, you earn it by
1) RELIABILTY
2) SKILL
3) KNOWLEDGE

(caps and bold are intended)

Plus, a warrior on Najentus would be better DPSing since a prot paladin in 3.0 would overaggro him by just judging JoL anyway.
Secondary, a priest might tank Najentus for how hard it hits.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13531
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Vanifae » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:03 am

I think we just differ in our perspectives.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:04 am

I'm personally convinced that Naj'entus has special swing mechanics that allow for two to three attacks to come at ~the same time based on the same attack table roll. I'M CONVINCED
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:19 am

Worldie wrote:You still fail at understanding that even if they give paladins 300% more HP, 500% more avoidance and 900% more threat, you will not overcome the Main Tank spot of a well established main tank.

Because currently you don't earn MT slot by class, you earn it by
1) RELIABILTY
2) SKILL
3) KNOWLEDGE

(caps and bold are intended)

Plus, a warrior on Najentus would be better DPSing since a prot paladin in 3.0 would overaggro him by just judging JoL anyway.
Secondary, a priest might tank Najentus for how hard it hits.


Well said , kuddos!
User avatar
Io.Draco
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:33 am

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:27 am

And, it depends on what you mean by "main tank." As far as being the guy in charge that makes the decisions, that's true. If you want to be the default tank for most encounters due to being equally geared and skilled and encounter/class mechanics favoring you, it may not be the same situation.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:29 am

Might also be worth remining that whole TBC has been designed with a warrior main tank in mind, so it's pointless to say for example "paladins aren't good MT cause they can't tank RoS p2"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13531
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:36 am

Certainly, but it's also a little misleading to say that having the vast majority of an expansion's encounters favor you doesn't make you any more likely to become main (default) tank. In WotLK, hopefully it will be the case that class doesn't matter as far as who's the "default."
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:37 am

moduspwnens wrote:Certainly, but it's also a little misleading to say that having the vast majority of an expansion's encounters favor you doesn't make you any more likely to become main (default) tank. In WotLK, hopefully it will be the case that class doesn't matter as far as who's the "default."


i agree

additionally YOU FOOL YOU CANNOT SOLO BOWSER, HE IS TOO POWERFUL.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10475
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Aranbenjo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:40 am

Worldie wrote:You still fail at understanding that even if they give paladins 300% more HP, 500% more avoidance and 900% more threat, you will not overcome the Main Tank spot of a well established main tank.

Because currently you don't earn MT slot by class, you earn it by
1) RELIABILTY
2) SKILL
3) KNOWLEDGE

(caps and bold are intended)

Plus, a warrior on Najentus would be better DPSing since a prot paladin in 3.0 would overaggro him by just judging JoL anyway.
Secondary, a priest might tank Najentus for how hard it hits.


Maybe it's because i'm not english ...
but i'm unable to make me understand ...

If BOTH are (caps intended, no bold intended)
-RELIABLE (my attendace is double that the summ of all the warriors in my guild, i'm currently topping dkp)
-SKILLED (i'm currently taking care of pallys accademy)
-HAVE KNOWLEDGE (i'm currently taking care of the tanking accademy)

who do u choose?
If the answer (and mine is ) is a warrior, then welcome to my world.
if it's the pally, maybe i lack in something and bliz have done it.
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:34 am
Location: italy

Postby Vanifae » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:41 am

Your situation is not class based but very much guild based and for that we have no miracle fix.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby honorshammer » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:43 am

Aranbenjo wrote:Maybe it's because i'm not english ...
but i'm unable to make me understand ...

If BOTH are (caps intended, no bold intended)
-RELIABLE (my attendace is double that the summ of all the warriors in my guild, i'm currently topping dkp)
-SKILLED (i'm currently taking care of pallys accademy)
-HAVE KNOWLEDGE (i'm currently taking care of the tanking accademy)

who do u choose?
If the answer (and mine is ) is a warrior, then welcome to my world.
if it's the pally, maybe i lack in something and bliz have done it.


If youare truly double the attendance and have skill and knowledge and they pick the Warrior, it's time to take your skill and knowledge elsewhere.
User avatar
honorshammer
Moderator
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:47 am

Honorshammer wrote:If youare truly double the attendance and have skill and knowledge and they pick the Warrior, it's time to take your skill and knowledge elsewhere.

What he said.

If your GM lacks the brain and puts a less skilled / geared / reliable warrior in the MT position everytime just because he got a rage bar, then it's not the class who got a problem.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13531
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:50 am

Honorshammer wrote:If youare truly double the attendance and have skill and knowledge and they pick the Warrior, it's time to take your skill and knowledge elsewhere.


Indeed. Also,

Sabindeus wrote:YOU FOOL YOU CANNOT SOLO BOWSER, HE IS TOO POWERFUL.


I just took the pic before he one-shotted me. :(
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Eanin » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:51 am

It sounds like it's time to get a new guild. Screw them. There are lots of guilds out there that will appreciate a solid paladin tank. Thanks to server transfers, you've now got your pick. Just take your time and find the right guild. Put up a post on the guild recruitment forums, and say that you want a core main tanking slot. You'll get one in less than a week.
Image
Image
User avatar
Eanin
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:47 am

Previous

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest