Remove Advertisements

Mother and Illidan

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:12 am

Those numbers are excessive, he wasn't even bothering with Ironshields i'd bet.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:11 am

Worldie wrote:Those numbers are excessive, he wasn't even bothering with Ironshields i'd bet.

Warriors are generally way too cool for ironshields and if u ask like half the sunwell warrior tanks what an ironshield pot is i bet they wouldn't know. Yes they had it way to easy as beeing the only tank class so much time...
caboom

Postby fazzan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:41 pm

Last night we downed Illidan for the first time, on our first attempts last week we had two warriors taking flames in capped fire ress gear. This week though one of the warriors was sick, so I thought I'd try to tank first Illidan and then jump onto a flame in P2 without a single part of fire res gear, only using the aura. And well, second try we downed him.

I had 3 paladin healers on me during P2, and ofc my target was killed first.

We also lacked 2 people in the raid for the kill, so we did it with 23 people.

WWS report for those interested.

http://wowwebstats.com/mtp5k45lkpy3o?s= ... &a=xe82414
fazzan

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:00 am

caboom wrote:
Worldie wrote:Those numbers are excessive, he wasn't even bothering with Ironshields i'd bet.

Warriors are generally way too cool for ironshields and if u ask like half the sunwell warrior tanks what an ironshield pot is i bet they wouldn't know. Yes they had it way to easy as beeing the only tank class so much time...

I cannot possibly imagine a tank surviving stomps pre 3.0 without ironshields.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:57 am

Without Ironshield, YES
Without any other good (Nightmare Vine, HealthTrinket, HealthStone+HealthPotion, LastStand, etc), NO

i'd had abut 3-4 stomps without ironshield during progress due to consuming 30+ ironshields a day i hadn't had enough of them with me. Sometimes you survive, sometimes you don't :)
Ryuusuke

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:17 am

Not using Ironshields there increased the chance to death by more than 50%, since it was meaning taking 1-2k more damage per melee swing, increasing the possible burst of damage by up to 4k, from 21k to 25k (unsurvivable)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Consecrate » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:36 am

Worldie wrote:With those low stats, i'd be surprised if you lived through a enrage pre-nerf.

Honestly it wasn't much different for them - I would just pop Nightmare Seed and Moroes' Overpowered Pocket Watch, was never a problem really.

Only tanked it with those stats for 2 weeks too - as two weeks after we killed Illidan, all of my crap off set pieces were replaced with Naj'entus Wrists, Akama boots and some other off set items.

Was pretty funny though - i've still got a screenshot of my HP and the kill shot, one sec! :o
Last edited by Consecrate on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Postby Consecrate » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:45 am

ShaiHulud wrote:Yeah I've never tanked Illidan but with those stats you mentioned I'd say you owe your healers alot of thanks and alot of sorries for making them heal the enrages on you. I don't think we've seen an enrage post nerf but pre nerf if the tank didn't last stand/shield wall and took 2 unavoided hits he was pretty much dead. His main hand would hit our 4pc t6 tank for about 9-10k mainhand and 6-8k offhand.

What?

Honestly with shit-all armour and BV he only used to hit me for 7-8k main and 4-6 off and with moroes' overpowered pocket watch it's really really easy - it's off CD every enrage and it effectively added 16% dodge.

Was always a wuss tbh, the only time I died when tanking Illidan even with craptacular gear was on the first kill where I tried to move him to a trap and moved out of range of the healers (qq)
Consecrate

Postby Consecrate » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:55 am

Apologies for the horrendous UI - this fight is the one that made me redo my entire UI.

The loot from Illidan on Mobinfo is from my previous guild where I used to play a priest - Consecrate hadn't killed Illidan before then, anyway, piccies HO!

ImageImage

ImageImage

Judging from the screenshots, I think I was wearing part t5/badge stuff, bit of ZA crap and the Karazhan shield.
Consecrate

Postby caboom » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:00 am

Worldie wrote:
caboom wrote:

I cannot possibly imagine a tank surviving stomps pre 3.0 without ironshields.

I personally know about warrior tanks on my server that i asked about and told me they were not using ironshields on Brutallus progression kills, pre 3.0 ofc. It could be bullshiet but they've told me they just got spammed and used trinkets on stomps, whilist having stupid ammounts of avoidance ofc.

This trend of using ironshields on sunwell bosses was started by paladins in my guild and warriors just adopted the idea btw.
caboom

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:21 am

Sure we startet it.
Since we're the most careful tanking class inGame
WE had to proof ourselfes, so
WE needed to be atop of everyone else with figuring out how we can make it even the tiniest bit easier for our healers ;)
Ryuusuke

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:02 am

Ryuusuke wrote:Sure we startet it.
Since we're the most careful tanking class inGame
WE had to proof ourselfes, so
WE needed to be atop of everyone else with figuring out how we can make it even the tiniest bit easier for our healers ;)
Those are just poor warriors really. My guild's progression on brut was also washed in ironshields, for all three tank classes.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:59 am

For sure, wasn't that serious at all ;)
Most MTs at "early progression guilds" tend to max themselfes. However going a few levels down i'd definately bet that more tankadins max themselfes than any warrior or druid would do.
At least that's my impression on EU-Kel'Thuzad =)

/ps: little bit drifting into offtopic xD
Ryuusuke

Postby ShaiHulud » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:24 am

Maybe it was bad RNG or I dunno what but one night on Illidan pre-nerf our warrior got 2 shot on an enrage with 2 unavoided hits for almost all of his health. It was around 17k dmg. I do remember he didn't have comanding up at the time so his hp was only about 19k. I'm the combat log checker on wipes usually so I always look to see what killed who etc.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Dendrah » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:20 am

Well we killed Illidan for the first time yesterday and I must say those enrages are hurting if you don't prepare. But a simple bubblewall or avoidance trinket can help alot. I got throu the enrages fine without iron shield pots (stupid me forgot I had them). My AD didn't even have to safe me.
Dendrah

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple