Remove Advertisements

Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Elsie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:38 am

DI wipes all threat.

I'm always against 'only holy shield' since knockback lowers your threat quite significantly. The 'catch up' would horrid since you'd lose all your reflective threat and possibly mana return.
Elsie

Postby skank » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:36 pm

Yeah i understand DI wipes all agro. I should have said theoretically it is possible. If you can get your threat back up. Well you would still want a OT in case you do get knock back or stun. Just was sitting wondering that of course didnt think it all the way through. :)
skank

Postby Brindebos » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:33 am

Has anyone tried the new Hand of Salv on this fight yet? We're facing Bloodboil tonight (we've fought him before but haven't downed him), and I'm thinkin this kind of fight might be exactly what HoSalv was designed for?

I.e. don't worry about threat so much... when you need to transfer to another tank, simply HoSalv yourself... and when the other tank needs to transfer back to you, simply HoSalv him.
Brindebos

Postby Brindebos » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:12 pm

/bump
Brindebos

Postby Tybalt » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Brindebos wrote:Has anyone tried the new Hand of Salv on this fight yet? We're facing Bloodboil tonight (we've fought him before but haven't downed him), and I'm thinkin this kind of fight might be exactly what HoSalv was designed for?

I.e. don't worry about threat so much... when you need to transfer to another tank, simply HoSalv yourself... and when the other tank needs to transfer back to you, simply HoSalv him.

HoSalv was okay, but HoP was much more effective.
Tybalt

Postby Tyaera » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:31 pm

You really dont need to tank transfer on this fight.

We all just zerged the fight on threat, I ended up with 15 stacks of the debuff and wasn't even remotely at risk of dying.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:02 am

Brindebos wrote:Has anyone tried the new Hand of Salv on this fight yet? We're facing Bloodboil tonight (we've fought him before but haven't downed him), and I'm thinkin this kind of fight might be exactly what HoSalv was designed for?

It'll probably work if you really need to switch tanks... but the fight is nerfed so hard that we had one tank take him from 100% to 0 last night.
Belloc

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:44 pm

Belloc wrote:

It'll probably work if you really need to switch tanks... but the fight is nerfed so hard that we had one tank take him from 100% to 0 last night.
XD It's already happened in normal. With 3 tanks, you all can just go balls on threat and follow the normal strats and be fine.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Chanticleer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:47 pm

Holy beans, this is a fun fight now. Go all out, have a few pet warriors eating cleaves with you, don't spare the Hand of Freedom and keep him for the whole fight. Bubble once if you feel you're getting too many stacks.

Only killed this guy a few times before the patch, and now he goes down before or during the second enrage. So awesome. My new favorite in BT.
Chanticleer

Postby Wrakken » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:12 am

Sad how Blizzard nerfed all end game that much. Went to BT yesterday with 2 tanks all the way to Gurtogg (was Ret for those bosses), then respecced prot.
Used Commendation + Moroes for that fight. Started tanking it all way long to first fel rage with Moroes up so debuffs wouldn't stack that much (35% dodge with GoA totem and trinket). We reached fel rage with 4 debuffs on me, which were easy to heal from what healers said. So I went on after he came back to me. 13 debuffs when second fel rage came. Bubbled and /lol ed other tanks who died from breath + cleave (dunno why they went in front of Gurtogg tbh). I managed to solo tank him down and ended with 16 debbufs and still survived. Had my fun :D
Last edited by Wrakken on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wrakken <Indifference> C'thun EU
Wrakken

Postby Petrus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:41 am

Yeah, the warrior tank got a misdirect and I pulled aggro about 5 seconds in and just held him until he was dead. It was pretty easy.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Black Temple