Remove Advertisements

First boss in H-arc?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

First boss in H-arc?

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:37 pm

We ran arcatraz yesterday.
Was the daily heroic.

As im mostly kara geared it was a doddle, even kept millhouse the gnome alive.

Except for the first boss...
Zereketh the Unbound
He kept eating the party alive :(
It wasnt so much my tanking - I was tanking him up against a wall and no-one ever pulled aggro.
Just the dps dropped like flies. And they are better geared than i.
Those shadowbolts and black holes are baaad.

Any particular strats for this boss?
Anything i can do as a tank to improve our chances? (positioning/strats)

Team was Pallytank, Holy Priest, MM hunter, Fire Mage & Destruction Lock.
Last edited by masterpoobaa on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Sober » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:44 pm

spread out - the boss does SoC so when a party member blows up, ouch. don't think you can dispel this
back to the wall - he does that shadow nova crap ala prince (vice-versa, in fact). DPS will get knockedback alot but you should be still

If you had a priest, he should be buffing fort and Shadow resist anyways and only a pally healer should be finding this boss hard. Dunno if the boss is shadow resistant/immune, but in that case fire mage + destro lock fire spells should do it anyways
Sober

Postby UMIO » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:34 am

Nothing much you can do in this fight as a tank except take as little dmg as possible. if u have melee dps probably a good idea to judge light to make healing easier if u can keep the aggro (should be easier with exo)
UMIO

Postby Playdoh » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:10 am

go get Shadow Protection gear of any kind. The boss does absolutely nothing but shadow dmg if you do not have a Priest make sure you are using the Shadow Resist Aura, or have everyone take a shadow resist pot.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby Whait » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:51 am

shadow protection gear = win its not so bad for you but the dpser shoudl slap on about 150 with your aure/priest buff and the fight is cake
Whait

Re: First boss in H-arc?

Postby Invisusira » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:56 am

Make sure the healer has THEIR back to a wall too and make sure they don't move. If they get knocked all over and try to run around healing everyone ELSE that gets knocked all over, it's going to be a wipe.
Invisusira

Re: First boss in H-arc?

Postby Neara » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:04 am

masterpoobaa wrote:I was tanking him up against a wall

If your healer is flying around the room, why would you want to stay at the boss? .. tank him with your back to your healer so you get tossed in the same direction and have 2 seconds without getting hit.
Neara

Return to General Strats