Remove Advertisements

one click on shi key for 3.0

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

one click on shi key for 3.0

Postby Grenmaju » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:21 pm

hmm i am woundering if its possible to do a macro to cast lay on hands and divine protection with a simple click? generaly i am trying to make up a 1 buttion use "oh shi i am going to die fast macro"

any idears?
Grenmaju

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:37 pm

You can't activate both at the same time due to the GCD. Which would prefer to be used first? DP I assume because it has a shorter cooldown.

/cast divine protection
/cast [help][target=player,nohelp][]Lay on Hands
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Grenmaju » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:51 pm

yea DP first basicly make it so you take less damage then heal ya self to full in 2 easy clicks good for when the healers are off the game for a moment and you need a oh help i might die option i will give ya thing a go and see how it looks :)
Grenmaju

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Remember to have youself or a unfriendly mob targeted for the LoH effect. I don't know enough about macro conditionals to make it self only so I stole my syntax from another macro.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Grenmaju » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:06 pm

lol sure will do
Grenmaju

Postby SmurfZG » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:17 am

just do this instead

Code: Select all
/cast Divine Protection
/cast [target=player] Lay on Hands
SmurfZG

Postby Invisusira » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:50 am

I have one button that pops trickets/shield wall bubble and one button for selfcast LoH. Putting them in the same button seems a bit daft to me.
Invisusira

Postby Gamingdevil » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:22 am

If you want that, you should use Smurf's code. There is no command to check if that player is yourself or not, you can only use target=player to make sure it is cast on yourself.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:51 am

Invisusira wrote:I have one button that pops trickets/shield wall bubble and one button for selfcast LoH. Putting them in the same button seems a bit daft to me.

I agree. LoH and DP are useful in different situations and you may one or the other first depending on the situation.

DP and trinkets are for when you know you're going to take a bunch more damage but you aren't dead yet. With 1k health left a 2k hit is still death even with DP up.

LoH is for when you're dangerously low and you can't wait for the healers or the healers are falling behind.

Often what happens when the healers can't keep up is I use LoH when I get low, then DP + trinkets to make it last as long as possible. That or I use DP + trinkets because I know some burst or AE is coming and I want to make things easier on the healers.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Grenmaju » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:49 pm

i will still have independant keys for both the skills as they can be used in diffrent situations i am just thinknig outside the box and thinking for worst case situations i can take less damage for 8 seconds and be at full health i got a few keys like this tho similer to invis i got one for my trinkets.
Grenmaju

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros