I'm just a bit worried

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:35 am

Worldie wrote:Warriors got higher base stamina, they will always be ahead of paladins.

Did they change base health again? I understood we caught up at the end of t7?
ziggyunderslashone

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:38 am

ziggyunderslashone wrote:
Worldie wrote:Warriors got higher base stamina, they will always be ahead of paladins.

Did they change base health again? I understood we caught up at the end of t7?
Their base health was still ahead, and they also have higher base stam. Dunno how much that accounts for.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:39 am

It was calculated that we "pass" warriors at around 40k HP if i'm not wrong, nothing really reachable at the moment.

The base stam difference didn't change, what changed is that we moved from 16% stam to 12%.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:48 am

Worldie wrote:It was calculated that we "pass" warriors at around 40k HP if i'm not wrong, nothing really reachable at the moment.

Yeah, thats where I had it, 39kish, given base health, base stam and the ranged slot difference. At the end of t7 you're packing about 2200 stam (before talents and kings) with 10 sockets to play with. You could rock 41k with that, without epic gems.
ziggyunderslashone

Postby Bobness » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:52 am

Worldie wrote:It was calculated that we "pass" warriors at around 40k HP if i'm not wrong, nothing really reachable at the moment.

The base stam difference didn't change, what changed is that we moved from 16% stam to 12%.

Didn't warriors move from +5% - +6% Sta as well ?
Bobness

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:54 am

Always had.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Bobness » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:57 am

ahh
Bobness

Postby Katamai » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:06 am

Snake-Aes wrote:You cannot in a sane state of mind ask for an armor debuff when we almost don't care about armor.

Also non-blocked hits are the new crushing blows. 1200 damage is no joke.

No no no... i didn't ask for armor debuff. Was just replying to Worldie's list ;)
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby MrDuck » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:24 am

baghead wrote:QUESTION:
Can anyone confirm if vigilance stacks with BoSanct? I'm guessing no, but can anyone confirm 100%? I could test it, but I'd be keen to see a blue reference.

Because the corollary here is:

If tanks really aren't rage starved as is, and dual vigilance between the MT and OT works, then what actual benefit is BoSanct in most situations?
(ie. we're pinning a lot of public opinion on BoSanct being the 'must have' to help justify a prot pally slot)

Any thoughts?
They don'ŧ stack,had a warrior putting vigilance on me when i was tanking and couldnt BoS myself with the obvious message telling me there's a stronger buff already.
MrDuck

Postby Macha » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:38 am

ziggyunderslashone wrote:At the end of t7 you're packing about 2200 stam

Trouble is that you need another 1k Stam on top of that to reach warriors in equal gear. That is why it isn't really reachable.
Don't forget their ranged slot.
Macha

Postby elfjorc » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:40 am

Macha wrote:

Trouble is that you need another 1k Stam on top of that to reach warriors in equal gear. That is why it isn't really reachable.

"given base health, base stam and the ranged slot difference"?

But yeah @ the OP, your GM was just being an ass.
elfjorc

Postby Playdoh » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:42 am

I agree, leave the guild.

If you are being benched now, and not on a fair rotation, because of ~1k health time to find a different home.

Theorycrafting can be fun and is fun for me, but shouldn't be the only factor on whether you get a raid spot or not.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:59 am

Macha wrote:

Base health difference (race dependant): 690 health
Base Stam difference (race dependant): 19 stam
Best current ranged slot stam: 48 stam +socket

Warriors get 1.06*1.1*10 = 11.66 health per stam, with a 24 stam socket, we're at a basic health difference of 1751

Paladins get 1.06*1.06*1.1*10 = 12.36 health per stam (SD anc CExp were multiplicative pre-3.0, I've not checked if that changed)

1751/(12.36-11.66) = 2502.9 stam to pass warriors. At a guess thats actually just a little over whats available with current gear info (ie: t7). You could get there, but not crit capped.
ziggyunderslashone

Postby Aranbenjo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:19 am

I think GM does a really nice job ... he thinks about the guild progression...
it's an issue more important that pallys asking for care since they will not ever MT progression Boss ...

Warrios were made for it and still it will be ...
Pallys can bring blessing and nice utility ...

But when the time is up for rooster composition, he give 1 MT slot, 5 Healers slot and then paddings (offtank, special situational dps etc ...)

I think the GM does a good job, it's BLiz that doesn't give to him a reason to change his mind.

I can confirm that doods are whining too ...
a couople of feral respecced last week since they are not so good in dps or tanking ... there's no reason for a GM to take a feral as a MT. they can easily fill a good offtank spot ...
BUT ...
Hey ...
Here we talk of MAIN TANKS :D
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:24 am

Man, honestly speaking, you are basically showing us that you understood nothing of whole WotLK patch notes and blue posts.

Expecially the one where they said "If the big majority of the guilds will still use a warrior main tank for every single fight, we failed with WotLK".

They are trying to make the 4 tanking classes equal.
They even nerfed Druids and DK to the point that you either are a good tank and a subpar DPS, or a good DPS but a subpar offtank.
The fact they occasionally fail in some points is another thing.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK