Remove Advertisements

Bearboss fun

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bearboss fun

Postby Dendrah » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:05 am

My group normally would have troubles reaching the 3rd timed chest. Althou we could do it we mostly failed the attempt.

Yesterday however we did a very cool ZA run. It was as forgiving as RFC was back in the days. We had rogues tanking trash, healers just doing nothing so they could regen mana, running into groups of mobs brainlessly and pulling them all...

Bearboss was the coolest. The adds were going a bit crazy since we refused to sheep anything and we ended up downing the last one standing on the bosses stairs. We aggro'ed him as soon as the last mob died. My raidleader called a wipe (for no reason) but I had him and we just kept going. The our 2 shaman healers got huge lag and were like doing nothing for some time. I get killed and my warrior buddy takes over. Battlerez on me and I continue tanking while my warrior buddy dies. Another battlerez on him and we continue with it and kill him shortly after.

Pulling him unporepared without full mana bars or anything, 2 healers going inactive due to lag and 2 tanks dying and getting rezzed and still we down this fucker. And our tree healer would normally gear up in Kara tbh...
Dendrah

Postby Corvina » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:25 am

Wow, patch made ZA that easy? I'm looking foward to getting back in there tonight. A little sad my group can't get any more bears. We finally got the bear run down in enough time to go 4/4 on every reset before patch. I didn't get one... Oh well Pally horse > All.

Most fun i've had on bear boss was when my AS missed on the pull, my OT ignored my warning that i needed a second to get threat, got a mangle and died on the first transition, I solo tanked the rest (~ 80%.)
No deaths (except for the OT of course)
Corvina

Postby SellassieTanks » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:35 pm

Headless Horseman's Horse > ALL
SellassieTanks

Postby Huon » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:12 pm

yea, its that easy now.

Had
T6 :paladin tank, rogue, druid healer
Alts with GREEN gear: rest of dps, 2 healers

Solo tanked the bear because the dps warrior didn't have time to put his "tanking gear" on. got 4 timers and 12 left on the clock.

gg, good thing they removed bears, its a joke now :(
Huon

Postby Discus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:31 am

Finally got a group of the guild's best 10 players on last night after months of gearing our small and casual guild up through heroics/kara. Downed Bear Boss 2nd try. It was relatively easy, although he was still hitting me harder than I've been hit before... we were all on a success buzz, then:

Server Shutdown in 15:00

It didnt come back all night either.

I'm going back to reading those book things.
Discus

Postby hotlips » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:10 am

it's really silly now... i healed it with my alt shaman in blue quest gear and 2 pvp epics. The other healer had about similar gear :S
hotlips

Postby Equillian » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:11 am

bear boss: you need your off tank to tank him in bear form. (or was if vice versa)

His normal form he puts a debuff on the MT, and when in bear form, that debuff will make you cry. It's a fun fight though. When he changes, OT taunts em off ya. When he changes again, you taunt it off him. You always get hit with the debuff, but you never take that extra damage that your healers learn to hate you for.
I always have a minute, sometimes its taken by someone, but there's always the next.
Equillian

Return to Zul'aman