Remove Advertisements

How a prot pally should get to 80

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Chanticleer » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:44 am

If the world were perfect and I could give cookies over the internet, I'd send a million to someone to update this guide

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=8859

for use in Northrend. While there are some fantastic stickies that show all the gear available to us thanks to the datamines at wowhead.com, two potential starting zones, new reputation grinds and a novel Naxxramas I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed for the expansion.

As maintanks I'm sure we are all feeling the pressure to gear up and prepare to tank Naxxramas and beyond for our guilds, but with the inherent ease of leveling built and lower requirements generally for gear on the dps classes I'm concerned they'll be epiced out and playing with their DK alts by the time we're geared enough to tank.

Do those of you who have already been through the grind in Beta have any tips and tricks that will help us keep up come November?
Chanticleer

Postby Rhî » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:33 am

Just play the game. Sorry, if that isn't the answer you wanted to hear.
Rhî

Postby Ryu » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:46 am

1. Spec Ret
2. Win
Ryu

Postby Ryyu » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:48 am

Full ret gear when grinding, BV trinkets at 75, Judge Wisdom, SOW grinding when oom> sitting and drinking sometimes.

Instance at every chance.
Ryyu

Postby Chanticleer » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:52 am

I guess I worded this poorly.

What I'd like to see happen is a progression of tanking gear through the leveling experience, and any treasures of tanking plate along the way that will benefit us in Naxx so when one re-specs to prot at 80 one is uncrittable and prepared to tank as far toward Kel'Thuzad as possible, and discern whether this can be done only with quest and rep rewards as it was in Karazhan (libram excepted) or if we'll have to cheat with PvP rewards and/or heroic instance drops.
Chanticleer

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:34 am

Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Return to WotLK