Remove Advertisements

Anyone solo'd any world bosses yet?

Doomwalker, Doom Lord Kazzak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Anyone solo'd any world bosses yet?

Postby phaqueue » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:40 am

topic says it all - anyone tried or killed any world bosses solo?
User avatar
phaqueue
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:45 am

Postby Tyaera » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:49 pm

I don't remember how hard they hit but with Seal of Light scaling with AP it should be fairly easy to stack enough AP and block value to the point where the incoming damage is balanced out by Seal of Light
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Image
User avatar
Tyaera
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: sneaking through minefields

Postby vschiano2008 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:27 pm

while waiting for another person to summon for heroic durn or something, i decided to grab the giant dragon.

i lived for 8 minutes.. but only got him down to 95%. it was just after the patch so i was just practicing new moves and such
vschiano2008
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:10 am

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:20 pm

I expect that Doom Walker could be soloed at 80. The trouble with most world bosses is they have a lot of nasty aoe affects that limit soloability.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:34 pm

Kazzak explosion mark -> out of question

Doomwalker earthquake -> out of question as well


The dragon outside CoT is not a world boss. It's a NPC, actually friendly to those who raided AQ40 back then.




Basically every world boss uses magic or unavoidable damage, hence is not soloable. Or just hits too hard (Doomwalker ~4k+ per hit for example)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Ryuusuke » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:25 am

You could do some of the emerald dragons, but they got a good bunch of HP (like around ~450k) and Taerar is NOT doable due to stacking CD-Times on all abilities (you wouldn't want to wait 60 seconds to have hammer of righteousnes rdy again, wouldn't you?)
Ryuusuke
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:44 am

Worldie wrote:Doomwalker earthquake -> out of question as well
How much does a prot paladin sacred shield absorb? Couldn't it provide significant protection against his aoe affects? And how about speccing into stun reduction or using fel lotuses and it's wotlk version? I don't think It'll be an easy feat but if any of them could be soloed it would be doom walker.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby sanctifico » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:08 am

World bosses = not yet (been looking at emerald dragons, but it seems you need you + healer for them atm)

I know Bladefist is soloable on heroic, but not sure of any of the others.
Image

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:47 am
Location: Customer Services Exec.

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:28 am

Majiben wrote:
Worldie wrote:Doomwalker earthquake -> out of question as well
How much does a prot paladin sacred shield absorb? Couldn't it provide significant protection against his aoe affects? And how about speccing into stun reduction or using fel lotuses and it's wotlk version? I don't think It'll be an easy feat but if any of them could be soloed it would be doom walker.

Sacred shield is a reactive absorb, you take damage, then it shields you for... i think around 1k for a prot paladin. That means you still take damage, just absorb 1k every 2 hits.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Blue » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Is it even possible for paladin tanks to tank the Duskwood emerald dragon? (taerar?) seeing as all our moves have cooldowns....

I tried it pre-nerf with 5 people and healer went oom cos no one could DPS with such low threat
Blue - 70 Tankadin - Zenedar
Blue
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:52 am

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:30 pm

Solo means no dps, no heals. That said BoS and SoW should be enough mana to keep your threat high if you 5 manned it. A replenishment character would also help.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby Isetnefret » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:36 pm

I tried Doom Walker.......no way.

Even if you could...it would take FOREVER. He really doesn't hit that hard...the damage is not that bad.....the lack of DPS is.

I imagine you can 2 o 3 man this very easily. That might be worth it.

You tanking, 1 heal, 1 dps.
Image
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
User avatar
Isetnefret
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

Postby majiben » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:05 pm

It's been 2 manned by many on this board and soloed by a DK.

This may seem odd but would kiting the 3 fel reavers to doom walker work to give you a larger supply of mana?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby Seloei » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:48 am

you can't kite more than one fel reaver because they reset after a while. I tried to kite 3 of the big fel reavers to shat before wotlk and even when rotating around to hit each one atleast once they bugged and reset around Honor Hold.

If you want more mana, just go pick up the good old dancers and don't use consecrate.
Image
Seloei
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:24 am
Location: Estonia

Postby Korbah » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:08 am

Seloei wrote:you can't kite more than one fel reaver because they reset after a while. I tried to kite 3 of the big fel reavers to shat before wotlk and even when rotating around to hit each one atleast once they bugged and reset around Honor Hold.

If you want more mana, just go pick up the good old dancers and don't use consecrate.

I personally kited three fel reavers(one normal, and two of the big ones on the Abyssal Shelf) to Shattrath back when I first heard of people solo'ing fel reavers and as long as I didn't get them stuck on things, they would keep following me if I kept down consecrate. No idea how you would keep down consecrate nowadays, though, haha.
Korbah
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Next

Return to Outdoor World Bosses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests