Remove Advertisements

Help choosing my main

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:55 pm

Kup wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:Don't make me drive over to Puyallup and smack you.

LOL you close? Seriously though I made my paladin because of how beastly our guilds old prot pally was before he stopped playing and he's the one that directed me to this site, so I have a huge amount of respect for those who have put as much time and effort into the Protadin as the people that run this site have.

At the moment I'm sitting in my office in Tacoma, so yeah...pretty close.

I'm not really going to be able to give you an unbiased opinion. However, if you are concerned with the ability to fill in as needed based on needs of the raid, then either a pally or a druid would be obvious choices. However, swapping of roles probably isn't a great idea for your guild's MT to do very often.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Kup » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:04 pm

Only that most of the people that I know that got into beta played around with what is now the live server specs on their main then played a DK so giving a true recap on anything other than a DK at 80 is rare. Nothing is wrong with the class.

Nice Thunderfury.
Kup

Postby Splug » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:09 pm

Hah, thanks. Should have stuck that avatar in like a year ago, but I've been lazy.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Kup » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Fridmarr you need a sig or avatar that says HEY IT'S FRID!!! LOOK OUT BITCHES!!!
Kup

Postby Proudfoot » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:37 am

Equillian wrote:If you feel like you're a tank, do it! If you're DPS at heart, do that.

This isnt a "do what you like" response so please dont take it as such. You should find out what class you are and then go balls to the wall on that.

Embrace your inner... whatever. Be that tank or ass buster.

It sometimes takes people awhile to figure out what "are". Personally I know I'm a melee player at heart and I realize this when I look at what classes I've chosen to play...

Main: Ret Pally for 4 years (never speced holy or prot)
Alt 1: Combat Rogue
Alt 2: Prot Warrior (I'm crazy and leveled to 70 as prot)
Alt 3: Enhance Shammy

There's just something great about smashing faces up close and personal.
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby Kup » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:11 pm

Kup wrote:Fridmarr you need a sig or avatar that says HEY IT'S FRID!!! LOOK OUT BITCHES!!!

Nevermind you probably do, photobucket and other sites like that are blocked here. DAMN YOU WORK!! Thanks for the help guys.
Kup

Postby Girard-eredar » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:24 pm

Im a caster at heart. first char was a mage, first 60/70 was a warlock and I have many mages..... too many. I kept saying "I'm done with paladin! I'm going back to warlock for LK!" Even starting hitting up the Warlock Den. But here I am staying paladin. Don't know what it is that keeps me but I don't think I'm going anywhere. Like someone above said, even if I get tired of tanking, healing/dps isn't that far off.
Girard-eredar

Previous

Return to WotLK