Best Professions to pick up in Wrath to maximize HP

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:41 am

Dianora wrote:
daemonym wrote:
Levantine wrote:I'm tempted to say Jewelcrafting is the most powerful at the moment. Just through the amazing amount of flexibility it gives in your gemming (the JC only gems are prismatic).

this.

I'm torn between dropping engineering to pick up mining a third time due to the absurd lack of ore or bar to feed my engineering and jc need. But I'm also leveling a gatherer DK just for that purpose. Me think I'll be doing skinning/mining on my DK.

This.

When it's time to drop mining on my pally, and skinning on my hunter, the DK will be the farmbot to feed both of them.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Lother » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Vanifae wrote:Stamina isn't everything.

While I do agree with this, the first check most people make when comparing tanks is comparing their HP. Just trying to see how I can minimize any potential "lack" thereof going into Naxx 10/25
Lother

Postby Levantine » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Also, you can't just look at the stats ONLY on the JC only gems, since because they're prismatic, you have the ability to get more socket bonuses without sacrificing for them, and meta requirements become a non-factor.
Levantine

Postby kurros » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:48 pm

Lother wrote:
Vanifae wrote:Stamina isn't everything.

While I do agree with this, the first check most people make when comparing tanks is comparing their HP. Just trying to see how I can minimize any potential "lack" thereof going into Naxx 10/25

It's rather comical really. I am going to build a cloth "of stamina" set to wear for when groups pick the tank based on HP.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Orms » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:13 pm

MomysLidlMonsta wrote:Also the JC-only trinkets are amazing at least for early 80s with good stamina and other stats ontop of 2 sockets.
JC beats mining hp-wise and is much more flexible. Until lvl80 epic gems appear it will also beat BS as the JC-only gems have 70% more stats than the rare gems which adds up to 2.1 additional sockets with 3 gems. They only have 35% more stats than the epic gems though which only adds up to 1.05 additional sockets with 3 gems
well dont discount the fact that you can make socket bonuses with these gems that also add to their value. I have sever pieces of armor now with red/yellow slots that give +6 stam from the socket bonus, but i still have +15 stam gems in there because I prefer stam over avoidance.

edit: crap this was just posted lol

Anyways, im sticking with mining/JCing because they both are good for tanking, i have both at 375 right now, and they both make me money.
Orms

Postby Invisusira » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Warcraft wrote:Leatherworking and blacksmithing. See here.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=12891

Secondary Skills

Herbalism
Mining
Skinning

Wait, what?!???

Or did you mean "gathering skills?"
Invisusira

Postby Arnock » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Levantine wrote:Also, you can't just look at the stats ONLY on the JC only gems, since because they're prismatic, you have the ability to get more socket bonuses without sacrificing for them, and meta requirements become a non-factor.

What exactly do you mean by prismatic? Not too knowledgable about the mechanics of JCing

also, I'm most likely gonna stay Ench/eng

for one thing, engineering is FUN, and it has stuff usefull for all three specs, as well as all the nifty little toys and such. but the goggles also will give me a nice helm to wear through the start of naxx, and they might be upgradeable throughout progression.

I kinda like enchanting, it offers a decent way to make money on the side through DE'ing stuff, and the ring enchants are always nice.

If i were to choose to drop a proffesion, it would probably be enchanting, But i've already powerleveled one proffesion, Not likely to do another any time soon.

Leveling a couple alts atm, who will hopefully take over that Farming utility to feed my main, leveling an herb/alch shaman, and a mining/bs DK when wrath goes live
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Novariety » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Arnock wrote:What exactly do you mean by prismatic? Not too knowledgable about the mechanics of JCing

I am only assuming but as a guess it would mean they cover all colour requirements. I could be wrong tho :).
Novariety

Postby Levantine » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Prismatic gems match any colour socket. This means that a Solid Dragon's Eye for example counts as a Red, Blue and Yellow gem.
Levantine

Postby Relel » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:18 pm

Mining/BS seems to be the best choice

apparently Mining is 500hp

and BS is 2 more sockets
Relel

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:21 pm

The best combo would have to be BS/JC but that is a costly and hard to support way to get bonuses. Most people will hit 80 with either BS/mining or JC/mining and switch out mining once they have gathered enough mats to power level the other crafting profession. Or the could stick with mining. Mining is still a strong choice even if it's not the cutting edge and it is thousands of times less costly to level.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Lother » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:26 pm

Relel wrote:Mining/BS seems to be the best choice

apparently Mining is 500hp

and BS is 2 more sockets

Umm, mining is 500 hp, LWing has a LW only Wrist Armor Kit that adds 90 Stam. I think 90 Stam > 500 health
Lother

Postby Cema » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Personnaly i will go for mining/bs. Even if Jewelcrafting is a good option i will be happy if i can make one or two good weapons for me in addition of the sockets :D

edit :

Umm, mining is 500 hp, LWing has a LW only Wrist Armor Kit that adds 90 Stam. I think 90 Stam > 500 health

ok with this one but you seem to forget that enchanters will be able to add stam on our bracers too

So far i havent seen the wotlk-stam-enchant for bracers but i m quite sure it does exist
Cema

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:49 am

Major stamina on bracers is 16 stamina, but you can enchant also +6 all stats or +15 expertise rating.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby daemonym » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:54 am

even though i plan on snagging as much avoidance and strength i can come 80, the 90 stam to bracers is just far far too much to ignore. i mean damn, that's over 1,000 mroe health. compared to 6 stats or expertise...it seems to me that the gap is just too huge atm to take something else if possible on the bracer slot.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK