Remove Advertisements

Tonight's challenge: Tanking Hydross' ads

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby neokai » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:29 pm

Arianne wrote:If you're using the AoE strat you can usually have the luxury to transition him faster because you're still doing DPS to him and the adds (we transition him at 20s into the 50% mark).

I think you should stay around to get some quality dps time in. Transitioning so fast only means u waste more time/mana killing adds, which is not as efficient even if u aoe the adds on top of the boss.

The only reason why i would transition so early is if the MT is unable to keep up threat for that long, then the aggro reset would be a godsend.

Just my 2c
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.
My warcraftpets profile here

neokai

Re: Tonight's challenge: Tanking Hydross' ads

Postby neokai » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:40 pm

Eneru wrote:1) Is it enough 150/150 frost/nature and 10k hp unbufed?

2) Which chain of spells would maximize agro without pulling hydross? (I'm afraid of a nice AS crit on the boss and messing the whole try )

3) Any further tips?

PS: Soz if I'm breaking any rule here :roll: :oops:

1) If you are uncrittable with 150/150 resist unbuffed, your hp is fine. With both nature and frost auras/totems up the elems will hit you for abt 2-3k uncrit at 4 marks. At 5 marks it becomes 4-6k. Factor in about 25% resist becoz of your Good Resistance(220/220).

2) Wear the blue +spell damage to consecrate relic (drops in Seth). For me i normally run with the tank and drop a max rank consecrate then judge JoR on 1 mob. Stun a 2nd and use righteous defence on 3rd if they are not aggroed by your consecrate. But if your raid knows wat it's doing, you should not need to do that.

Seriously tho, i feel a prot pally should never tank more than 2 adds becoz of the amount of damage inc to you beyond mark 3. It's too risky esp with ur low hp.
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.
My warcraftpets profile here

neokai

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern