Remove Advertisements

Tanking Karazhan after 3.0

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kelaan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:32 am

Yeah ... I make sure to remind people that badge epix are roughly similar to l75 blues. ;)
Kelaan

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:04 pm

Most people are morons.

Hate to say it but its true. My own guildies do research and are like "badge gear wut?" Depresses me.

However, I did get Chestplate of Stoicism. I also stacked 3 +12 stam gems to my legs. I'm at 12.9k hp. I hope the wrynn dynast legs drop tonight. ^_^
Losbullitt

Postby sightt » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:54 am

The mana shield guys just before curator can be one shotted by locks now. Chaosbolt goes through the mana shield and insta kills them.
The chess bug is easily fixed. When you get stuck and can not move look at your buffs there will be one that looks like the fel int buff but is the controling piece buff instead just right click it off and the characters can move again, no relogging needed.

Kara has become a joke now but with the added boss is a fast 24 badges where a decent geared (T4 and badge gear) should clear it in about an hour. I have seen groups that were so uncordinated (moving during flame wreath and crossing beams) clear it in 2 hours.

I love taking hunters and boomkin for dps now as thier ae dps is friggen insane. My hunter was doing a steady 2k dps on bosses and ae trash (most of the trash is ae now) was hitting 3 -5k dps depending on how much the tank pulled.
sightt

Postby Enkoram » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:08 pm

We had 7 guilides and 3 PuG.. including a new lvl 70 in mostly greens.

Maiden in 58 seconds, and we goofed off most of the evening. Did it 3 hours. Fastest 22 badges EVER... oh well.

It's pretty much a joke. I single tank, except for Moroes and Opera - we don't run out and reset.. we just went.

After curator, 2 tanks is a waste.

I didn't have DBM, and asked someone if we had hit P2 of Prince yet.. so I could pop my armor pot (whatever the 2K one is).. they said "we're at 40%".. lol... what a joke.
Enkoram

Postby Losbullitt » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:15 am

Two tanks after Opera is almost a waste.

Last night, I finally got a full guild run and needless to say, it was quick. The run was a little messy.

Breakdown:
Midnite and Attumen ran amuck after the MT decided at the last minute to switch targets.
The blood prince was an easy fight, despite having one healer oom and people still fighting trash.
All five bosses were on me after I popped avenger shield, HAMMAH and consecrate (outside of the shackle, yet it broke anyway). Moroes burned quickly.
First time I OT-DPS Maiden. Talk about fun!
I finally did something other than Big Bad Wolf. Romulus and Julianne were terribad. They drop quickly.
I yanked Nightbane off of the MT twice, not to be an ass, but to keep my dps up. After I throttled my avg shield and HAMMAH, my dps went down at least 100 points. I just wanted to do my part ~ and the tank should've had full control over him. :o I got in late.
Curator made it through his first (and only) evocation. Ranged dps seemed to have a problem with taking out the flares.
Illhoof was a joke.
Shade gave us some problems, largely due to having two elementals pwning the clothies. But, with one healer and four dps members, we pulled through.
Chess was fun.
Prince was the same easy/boring/uninspired fight.
Netherspite was trash. He wiped us. We quit afterward.

Roughly 2 hours to clear.

Group:
2 Rogues
1 MT Warrior
1 OT Prot Pally
1 Resto druid
1 holy pally
1 disc/holy priest
1 hunter
2 mages
Losbullitt

Postby DanimalEQ » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:51 am

Losbullitt wrote:I yanked Nightbane off of the MT twice, not to be an ass, but to keep my dps up. After I throttled my avg shield and HAMMAH, my dps went down at least 100 points. I just wanted to do my part ~ and the tank should've had full control over him.

Did you DPS him with Righteous Fury still up?
DanimalEQ

Postby Losbullitt » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:11 am

Probably.

I had RF up the whole way up.

Might've been why. 8)
Losbullitt

Postby Ryuusuke » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:28 am

Did Kara last weekend with me as the most outgeared tank they've ever seen and some S4 and lower guys (one holy priest, two oomkins (innervates)) so we hardly had any downtimes at all.
Was about 90 minutes, though... well, one lvl 68 was with as well ^^
Ryuusuke

Previous

Return to Karazhan