How to Solo Garr: A Guide for Warrior and Paladin Tanks

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Invisusira » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:46 am

Invisusira

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:07 am

That one step closer actually means aggroing the Firelords :D

(i'm unlucky, always get firelords there >< )
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Achtung » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:16 pm

Got the Garr binding just now.

I think it was my 5th or 6th attempt on Garr.

Been farming Geddon simultaneously, but no binding from him yet.

One step closer, heh :)
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Lawa » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Code: Select all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzI-gTg3m7Y

\o/

Ty Modus for great guide, as I sayed somewhere got Garr drop on 1st kill and Geddon on 6th or 7h, and after 2 months of semi-slack playing finaly got enough ores... PIMP!
why?
Lawa

Postby Eanaddare » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 am

Just want to confirm that as long as you keep BoSanc, holy shield, JoL and SoV up, you only need around 80% avoidance (~110% when holy shield is active)

The downside is that you will need to replenish the dispelled buff for ~40-50 min.
Eanaddare

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:44 am

An Update worth knowing: Core Hounds are now soloable in a standard Garr killing set.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aergis » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:01 pm

Heh, finally got around to trying this after 3.0.2. Got the binding on the first try... Now I wonder if I can do baron with less than 300 fr?

Sucks though eh? Now I have still kill garr every time? Bummer :lol:
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Uphir » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:24 pm

How much different is it now? I was thinking about trying it sometime.

Edit: OK, its really easy, it took me a couple tries to get there, and that core hound that goes all the way to the tunnel gave me problems the 1st time, i just killed him the 2nd. lol No Bindings though :cry:

You're Pro or you're a noob; That's life. -Athene, Best Paladin in the World
Uphir

Postby Varu » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:59 am

After one of the other tanks in the guild told me about this, I tried it at 4am one morning. 1st time in there, had a few hiccups with pulls on the invis part, but got a clean pull on Garr and got bindings time! Now time to farm Geddon...
Varu

Re: How to Solo Garr: A Guide for Warrior and Paladin Tanks

Postby Solight » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:38 am

Can't you just get a soul stone, run all the way to the end and lay on hands if needed and then just start the fight right there instead of waiting for the core hounds to pass?
Solight

Postby Underpowered » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Tried this for the first time as a paladin. With 93% avoidance no less. Surger, 2 Core Hounds, and a 1 hour Garr. AFKing is impossible though sadly. So is getting a binding to drop when you have the other one :(
Underpowered

Postby thoreneor » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:45 pm

so its not neccessary anymore to have 102.4? Im able to get like 85% would that be enough? is it possible to do it with HS up all the time? which specc should i use?
thoreneor

Postby Krazy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:02 am

I tried this yesterday with about 80ish avoidance. I figured HS would keep my block up above the cap....

Result? I aggroed core hounds, annilihators, and giants to play with and soloed them all. Garr himself was a different story. The adds simply hit too fast and there are too many. They eat up the HS charges before you can refresh it and each hit deals about 500 damage so any that go through HS hurt and they add up fast.

Long story short, trash is easy...but for Garr/Adds you pretty much have to be passive block capped or you will get boned.

For the record I tried this at level 75...I'm level 80 now and going to work on rebuilding a block set so I can do it in the future.
Krazy

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Thoreneor wrote:so its not neccessary anymore to have 102.4? Im able to get like 85% would that be enough? is it possible to do it with HS up all the time? which specc should i use?

It is almost impossible keeping HS up at all times - there are 8 (?) adds and Garr also removes your buffs every few seconds.
Anubisknight

Postby Krazy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:16 am

After killing ony I decided to head back to MC to give garr another shot...despite not being passive uncrushable...I defeated garr just keeping HS up.

No bindings though...maybe next week. Did get a fun new shield and a brutality blade.

Krazy

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats