Remove Advertisements

Tanking Illidan Stormrage - A guide for protection Paladins

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Cowadin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:50 am

double post, sry. see below.
Last edited by Cowadin on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Cowadin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:50 am

We'll be doing illidan 2morrow night (ty 30% nerf) and i'll end up being the one to MT him down.

I have a gear question tho -- i've been debating whether pocketwatch or the parry +armor use from za trinkets are better now (with commendation as my other trinket). because of my current stats i get more total avoidance from the parry trinket than pocketwatch by a little bit, but then there are the uses.

i get ~9% from my pocketwatch now.. for 10 seconds, or 2500 armor for 20. im thinking of using the parry trinket, but am i wrong here?

here's a link to my armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cho%27gall&n=Cowadin

im between 20-20.5k raid buffed.. will be using scrolls/elixirs/food for each attempt to make sure i can help out my healers as much as possible. am i even geared enough to do it? i know they nerfed white dmg a bit too.

what do you guys think?

-Cow

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:39 am

Honestly get the one that gives you the most raw avoidance, and shield wall when he enrages, unless your DPS really fails, you won't have more than 1 enrage.

And, you got more HP than me, i got 19k raidbuffed :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cowadin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:47 am

first night of illidan attempts -- got him to 2% and 3% on two different attempts... died both times during demon phase, i got fixated and killed. my raid is currently failing at demon phase.

got p2 mastered.. and i figure we'll get him 2morrow. but kinda sad that both times we got sub 5% we wiped due to MT getting fixated and killed -_-. (FR tank picked him up one time but he died during enrage.. plus didn't move him out of the flame crash. lol)

dead illi soon tho,

-Cow

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Kaelthar_ » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:51 pm

how much fire resist does fire resist tank need post 3.0?

Anyone know?
Kaelthar_

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:01 am

You should atleast wear all those FR-Badge-Reward stuff.
But those Elementals die so fast + you can actually block their elemental melee attacks now so... max FR isn't needed anymore.
However - the higher cap you get, the easier it will be to heal through you.
Ryuusuke

Postby Maat » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:39 pm

So I MT'd Illidan for my first time ever, and very badly because I was super-distracted by someone's BigWigs mod whispering me that I got sheared.

It was also our alt/pug/optional BT run, and we realized we didn't have the standard 2 FR tank + MT combo... so we figured since I brought all my FR stuff I should tank a Flames too. Wore the badge FR chest and the quest FR ring + Signet of Eternal Life for MTing, and threw on Fel Barrier + FR aura for about 180ish FR.

50% resist Blaze ticks kinda hurt though, think my healers are panicking for the 42 seconds it lived :P They must have reduced the melee damage on the elementals too, because they hardly hurt at all even with such a crappy resist rating.
Maat

Postby Ryuusuke » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:14 am

it's not just the reduction of dmg, it's the additional blocks, too :)
Ryuusuke

Previous

Return to Black Temple