Remove Advertisements

Walked Arcatraz with 3 Mages

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Walked Arcatraz with 3 Mages

Postby Zaffira » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:31 pm

I rolled with 3 mages and a holy priest the other night and we absolutely walked Arc. I was a little nervous if I couldn't hold agro against that much firepower, with all squishies, it would be a disaster. Only 1 mage died once during the whole run and it was absolutely one of the funnest times I've ever had running an instance--we absolutely destroyed everything in our path! Once the mages were comfortable that they wouldn't pull agro with AOE, it was hillarious how fast we were burning things down. The most ironic part is I came in 3rd in overall dps! Doh! Go pally tanks!
Zaffira

Postby Vanifae » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:41 pm

Consecrate is a Motherfucker.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Jarkeld » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:54 pm

I remember one time I did normal shattered halls with 2 AoE, a shadow priest, a healer and me. The shadow priest was so pissed that I owned him on the damage meters, but I did get beat by the 2 AoErs. This is when I massively outgeared the place so was pulling like everything at once.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby Zaffira » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:03 pm

And I just had a holy priest pst me telling me "no thank you" to a Mechanar run, they need a tank not a Pally. I replied telling him he should do some more research because Pallys are the best 5-man tanks in the game atm and he told me I was crazy, that pally's can't tank, period. LOL! How can you get to 70 and be that ignorant?!
Zaffira

Postby Soulbreaker » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:08 pm

Zaffira wrote:And I just had a holy priest pst me telling me "no thank you" to a Mechanar run, they need a tank not a Pally. I replied telling him he should do some more research because Pallys are the best 5-man tanks in the game atm and he told me I was crazy, that pally's can't tank, period. LOL! How can you get to 70 and be that ignorant?!

yea I just joined a new guild and the warriors are saying that pallies can't tank because after Karra they have issues.

So I said "Ok well Pallies are tanking Mt Hyjal and BT so are the issues you're talking about after that?"

Westfall makes my ass itch.
Soulbreaker

Postby Zzyzzx » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:38 am

AoE Shattered Halls runs are a blast:

Me
Warlock/Mage
Warlock/Mage
Warlock/Mage/Hunter
Healer

SoC and Mage AoE rules... the runs are fast... I think the slowest part for me, is my getting mana back...

I've had Priests say "o_O Paladin Tank?" then after the first few pulls say "Wow, this Paladin can tank!"

And then after the AoE runs, people are always wanting to go again, back to back, for rep or whatever...

fun stuff
Zzyzzx

Postby Afraithe » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:12 pm

Arcatraz Heroic tho... thats another story... some trash can just instawipe a group, its stupid.
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Hai gouge on tank and oneshot the clothies.

Anyway, AoEing down istances is fun. I have my own heroic party actually with which we farm heroics, me, a resto Shaman, a mage, a lock and a 5th that varies (boomkin-elem shaman-hunter-dpswar), we just go heroic UB, AoE everything, then heroic SP, AoE everything, then heroic Mecha, AoE everything there also (except those nasty destroyers >.>)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aplus » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:43 am

so other than your group makeup, can you share some of the factors that played into your success? i tried heroic arc the other night. wiped several times on way to first boss. couldn't get first boss below 80% in 3 attempts. kkthxbai!

our healer sucked and we had undergeared dps blah blah blah. but i was curious as to some specifics that translated into success for your group.
Aplus

Postby dab » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:52 pm

As far as I know, in arcatraz almost all the pulls are single mobs.
Were you purposely pulling multiple (not linked) mobs ?
dab

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics