Kil'jaeden

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Moogle » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:21 pm

My guild did KJ for the first time this past week. We tried a lock tank, druid tank and warrior tank but the greatest aggro and utility seems to come from a pally tank on KJ.

When I tank him, I stack on spell dmg and str gear and can pull about 3k tps consistantly. The run back from knockbacks isn't so bad on tps since we have 3 ranged abilities we can use now.

By the time the first reflections come around, I usually have a 60k lead in threat so i help grab and tank the reflections. Of course the warrior tank doing the reflections can't keep up with my aggro on them either so I end up tanking 3 while he tanks 1. Which is why we have that warrior controlling the dragon.

By the time phase 5 rolls around, I'm usually ahead on aggro by about 400k so I spend most of my time healing myself and the raid.

Now if the freakin raid can pay more attention to meteors, we might have enough dps left to kill him this week.
Moogle

Postby hopps » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:22 pm

I actually tank KJ for my guild also...if you stand @ max range on hotr you get only a few knockbacks, but most of the time even when you get knocked back you have a ranged abilitiy up, wrath/exorcism/shield/judgement etc

The only person that keeps up on threat and needs a salvation is the fury warrior using the blood frenzy bug...3300+ dps...

on staying alive during meteors, have a holy paladin and yourself spec into divine guardian and then swap using them @ same time you stack for darkness...once you hit 25% or whatever you will have two dragons but that 35-25% area can be rough....we also yelled alot on vent...someone mentioned this earlier...

inthedrops wrote:if its not orbs its a late armageddon as people run out

if its not armageddon its firebloom and people being to slow

if its not firebloom its orbs

1 week left for the retards to be electro-shocked enough so they can run through the maze
hopps

Postby sanctifico » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:14 am

The way we did it, was pretty much, the mage assigned to it is not allowed to take a dragon until he's below 20%, so you best defeat each of the timers before he explodes! (talk about motivation. (he resets his timer you take him to the next phase). We've had two kills both which we took him to be below 20% before his first explosion.

Orbs - Hunters one Autoshot now and then and mages one icelance/fireblast - these will die very fast this way.
Fire bloom - If melee are spread properly with Light on the boss, this wont be an issue, and any damage will be healed very fast by light/raidhealing.
- Ranged just need to learn to move (think Mother)
Meteors - They tick 8 times like hellfire on the ground, if you dont see it, you should increase your spell detail, or gquit for being blind/slow.
Explosion - If DPS is fast enough you will only have one at around 5%, if you colapse properley and then its a really easy ~15seconds to kill him. (like 20seconds till his next explosion)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:58 pm

My raid fails at firebloom flame dart darkness management.

healer: what's slowing me down?!

raid: /facepalm
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:23 pm

hopps wrote:I actually tank KJ for my guild also...if you stand @ max range on hotr you get only a few knockbacks, but most of the time even when you get knocked back you have a ranged abilitiy up, wrath/exorcism/shield/judgement etc

The only person that keeps up on threat and needs a salvation is the fury warrior using the blood frenzy bug...3300+ dps...

on staying alive during meteors, have a holy paladin and yourself spec into divine guardian and then swap using them @ same time you stack for darkness...once you hit 25% or whatever you will have two dragons but that 35-25% area can be rough....we also yelled alot on vent...someone mentioned this earlier...

inthedrops wrote:if its not orbs its a late armageddon as people run out

if its not armageddon its firebloom and people being to slow

if its not firebloom its orbs

1 week left for the retards to be electro-shocked enough so they can run through the maze

there's a bloodfrenzy bug?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Cakes » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:32 pm

Arms Warriors can "roll" deep wound ticks similar to how mages used to roll ignites. I'm not intimate on all the details, but arms warriors dual wielding (yeah, I was surprised too) axes are generating ridiculous amounts of damage.
Cakes

Postby Helpunot » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:16 pm

I must say with a lack of better things to put points into, the talent that reduces raid damage by 30% is working out great for our guild on KJ. We 1 shot him last night after wiping for 2 hours the night before. Key was me popping my shield right before the 1st explosion below 25%. This is when it gets really hectic with raid damage, and unlucky fireblooms + meteors usually kills our dps right about there. The longer ur DPS is alive during the last phase the better off you are going to be.
Helpunot

Postby Cakes » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:12 am

Helpunot wrote:I must say with a lack of better things to put points into, the talent that reduces raid damage by 30% is working out great for our guild on KJ. We 1 shot him last night after wiping for 2 hours the night before. Key was me popping my shield right before the 1st explosion below 25%. This is when it gets really hectic with raid damage, and unlucky fireblooms + meteors usually kills our dps right about there. The longer ur DPS is alive during the last phase the better off you are going to be.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to judicious use of Divine Guardian on Entropious and KJ.
Cakes

Postby sanctifico » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:58 am

We killed him without a single explosion last night =D

Recount showed 47,000+ Raid Dps. (Waiting for our hunter to put up the WWS)

6healers, me, 1prot warr dpstanking, and 17dps

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby inthedrops » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:30 am

sanctifico wrote:We killed him without a single explosion last night =D

Recount showed 47,000+ Raid Dps. (Waiting for our hunter to put up the WWS)

6healers, me, 1prot warr dpstanking, and 17dps

Nice! we just rolled over him last night too. He got off one darkness cast at the end but that could have been due to my game crashing just before the adds spawned and the other two tank types scrambling to pick them up.

Here's our WWS...currently showing as a top 200 fight (whatever that means) and with 37.5k raid dps.
http://wowwebstats.com/npthrvyxebffq?s=248976-294706

It was a fun night with a 90 minute clear too (which is fast for us, we're still pretty cautious on the bosses)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau