Glyph choices for 3.0

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Morendin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:24 am

Macha wrote:
Radience wrote:Avenger Shield nerfs utility to do instant threat on 3 targets from 30 yards for slight overall single target TPS increase, there's not a single encounter at 70 where this is needed, perhaps at 80 it will be good.

Indeed. There is not a single encounter where 3-hit AS is needed or even useful, and many where it is downright harmful. That is why the AS glyph is so good.

I wish we had at least one glyph to help deal with incoming damage like warriors, druids and death knights have.

Yes, that's why I consider our glyphs to be meh overall - only got two I really like - AS and SoV glyph.

Encounters at 70 where 3-hit AS is godly:

Akama(yes, the encounter was already stupidly under-tuned before 3.0.2, but 3-hit AS made tanking a door trivial, it would have been a pain in the ass without it)

Kil'Jaeden:
your best use is tanking the Sinister Reflections. they appear at a random raid member in a pack of 4. you have about 4 seconds from the instant they spawn before they start killing healers. AS picks up three of the 4 immediately, and gives you a visual cue where they are if they're hiding behind KJ or something

are there a lot? No, but they exist.
Morendin

Postby Elsie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:47 am

Encounters at 70 where 3-hit AS is godly:
Akama
Kil'Jaeden

are there a lot? No, but they exist.

Akama you can just drop consecrate. It's just as effective and has a lower chance of hitting Defenders.

M'uru is a good example, though.

Still, 2, maybe 3, out of over 30 bosses? I'll just spend the 10g or whatever when those fights it helps are on progression. Mats are dirt cheap for glyphs.
Elsie

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:20 am

Akama without the Shield Bounce? No Problem with the Hammer Hitting all 3!

For so you can do this just fine without the bounce shield!
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Macha » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:40 am

Elsie wrote:Muru
Kil'Jaeden

Considering I did both 40/21, I'm not seeing much of a benefit there. It might make things a little easier though, I grant you that.

But well, that's two fights in the game. Can just re-glyph. We had people respeccing, so now we could just send people to re-glyph if it were ever an issue. Not a big deal.

And as for Akama... consecration is enough. Nowadays you can hammer as well, making it even easier.
Macha

Postby Erutaron » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:00 am

When I respec back to Prot from Ret, I will be using Glyph of RD and Judgment.

I havn't picked up any minor glyphs yet, as I am waiting for the guild scribes to get something useful. I am not paying 30 - 80g for a minor glyph which seems to be the going rate atm.

As far as the AS glyph goes, I personally don't see it as worth it. I have an idea what I would like to see the AS glyph changed to, but I am not a dev unfortunately.

Code: Select all
Glyph of Avenger's Shield
Major Glyph
Classes: Paladin
Requires Level 50
Use: Your Avenger's Shield silences each target for 6 seconds but no longer causes Daze.
Erutaron

Postby Torquemada » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:53 am

I'm currently using the RD, and Judgement glyphs for majors, and the Sense Undead, Kings, and LoH glyphs for minors. There really isn't much else out at the moment.

For 3.0, unless there are new ones I don't know about, I'll be picking up the SoV one, and debating switching between the Judgement and Avenger's Shield glyphs. I do so like having the ability to tag 3 mobs at once, but trash tanking has never been an issue for me, and a fair amount of the time I'm still pulling, getting Line of Sight, and waiting for them to round the corner to start consecrating and toss a frying pan.
Torquemada

Previous

Return to WotLK