SoB in Wrath

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

SoB in Wrath

Postby Schade » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:42 am

I've been back and forth between SoB and SoR with tanking since I started full time 70 raiding.
I know all the arguments against using SoB, as it is based more off ret stats such as STR and weapon dmg (things we aren't, or weren't, used to having as a tank).

My question here is, will this seal become more viable for tanking now that Blizz has focused our attack bases more on STR?

Is it feasible that a paladin could use both SD (through consecrate) and melee to generate more threat than either alone?

I'm not a great math person, so I've only based anything here more off practice than theory...please be kind. :)
Schade

Postby Obrimos » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:50 am

No, use Seal of Vengance/Corruption.

Read the stickies as to why.
Obrimos

Re: SoB in Wrath

Postby Vioarr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 am

Schade wrote:I've been back and forth between SoB and SoR with tanking since I started full time 70 raiding.
I know all the arguments against using SoB, as it is based more off ret stats such as STR and weapon dmg (things we aren't, or weren't, used to having as a tank).

My question here is, will this seal become more viable for tanking now that Blizz has focused our attack bases more on STR?

Is it feasible that a paladin could use both SD (through consecrate) and melee to generate more threat than either alone?

I'm not a great math person, so I've only based anything here more off practice than theory...please be kind. :)

You judge blood, you take damage; you get hit hard, you die.

Just because you can take damage doesn't mean that you should inflict it upon yourself.
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Postby Schade » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:33 am

I'll have to look at SoV/Corr, I haven't had a chance to see a lot of the new wrath content.

As for the dmg from SoB - on average I take 100dmg per judgement from it- if you can't live through an extra 100 dmg...you shouldn't be tanking. I tend to favor it heroics where I'm not taking any dmg anyway, but yes, I probably wouldn't use it on Brutallus.
Schade

Postby majiben » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:42 pm

It's a needless risk. Also that picture belongs in your signature not avatar.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Schade » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Ok my question isn't related to whether or not SoB will kill you, it's whether it provides better threat than the other BC seals with our stat change.

Obrimos gave me some good info for when we get the new ones, I was just interested in the stat change.

On a side note- I don't think I've ever used SoB in a situation where it COULD kill me. Heroics R hard.
Schade

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:07 pm

Fix your Avatar.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby earanduin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:12 pm

Using SoB/M is not really all that bad for clears though, as getting an SoV proc from HotR on a mob that was supposed to be sheeped by a falling-asleep mage, can get annoying
earanduin

Postby Obrimos » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:36 pm

Schade wrote:Ok my question isn't related to whether or not SoB will kill you, it's whether it provides better threat than the other BC seals with our stat change.

Obrimos gave me some good info for when we get the new ones, I was just interested in the stat change.

On a side note- I don't think I've ever used SoB in a situation where it COULD kill me. Heroics R hard.

If you don't have SoV/SoCor, go train. It's there.
Obrimos

Postby Morpheren » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:36 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Fix your Avatar.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Pizbit » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:43 am

I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby hotlips » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:46 am

Morpheren wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:Fix your Avatar.
hotlips

Postby Passionario » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:57 am

Blood/Martyr should only be used in a situation when you are likely to be hit by an incapacitate effect that breaks on damage, and then only when you have no definite offtank/DPS aggro leader to slap HoSac on.

With the exception of Moroes, Nexus-Stalkers in heroic Mana Tombs, and six-armed demons in Arcatraz, I can think of no such fights.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:11 am

Take that picture out of your Avatar, and put it in your sig.

Wow, I can fit a lot of swearing into that sentence. o.O
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:13 am

Passionario wrote:Blood/Martyr should only be used in a situation when you are likely to be hit by an incapacitate effect that breaks on damage, and then only when you have no definite offtank/DPS aggro leader to slap HoSac on.

I'm pretty sure this side-effect has been removed with 3.0
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to WotLK