Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Blitzago » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:38 pm

sanctifico wrote:
Blitzago wrote:The easiest way I found to kill him was for you to have a druid/war at 1 door, a war picking up the sent, a pally picking up the other door

IMO: Its easier for the tankadin to pickup the Sentinel's and it makes grabbing the Voids easier as you should already have concecrate down. I do it 490def 29%dodge 16%parry, 16% block & 172shadow res (neck,back & priest buff usually)
I was tanking the sides, cause our war can spell reflect to make it easier on healers, and my gear isnt the best, since my mainspec is holy, im only 14.9k hp unbuffed, with 30 dodge, like 16 parry, and 20 block or something.
Blitzago

Postby hopps » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:26 pm

I don't think you need shadow resist anymore. I mean you only have 2-3 sents at most now and you should be fine without it considering how little dmg the doors are taking since there adds die in fractions of a second now.

eh, it wasn't terribly necessary pre patch either and if you sheep mage on each side and dps to like 5 seconds before darkness you will only have to kill one sentinel.

I miss m'uru pre patch it actually took a little skill to tank sents/spawns with two hunters.
hopps

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:54 am

We (finally i'd say) got m'uru down yesterday, eventually with half of the raid being rerollers or new guildies that had never entered Sunwell.

I tanked Sent + spawns + Entropius.

As personal opinion, sentinels still hurt quite bad, if you do that tactic and aren't decked in full sunwell you definitively want the grounding totem and curse of weakness.
However shadow resistance is not needed at all, just with the buff you'll resist most of the volleys and if you time Holy Wrath correctly the spawns will hardly live enough to cast it twice.
Plus, if you plan to tank Entropius, he easily melees a full t6 tank for 9kish damage even with CoW up, so wearing shadow resistance isn't exactly optimal.

And, who needs hunters, AS istant and 100% hit chance exorcism are op.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:14 am

Worldie wrote:We (finally i'd say) got m'uru down yesterday, eventually with half of the raid being rerollers or new guildies that had never entered Sunwell.

I tanked Sent + spawns + Entropius.

As personal opinion, sentinels still hurt quite bad, if you do that tactic and aren't decked in full sunwell you definitively want the grounding totem and curse of weakness.
However shadow resistance is not needed at all, just with the buff you'll resist most of the volleys and if you time Holy Wrath correctly the spawns will hardly live enough to cast it twice.
Plus, if you plan to tank Entropius, he easily melees a full t6 tank for 9kish damage even with CoW up, so wearing shadow resistance isn't exactly optimal.

And, who needs hunters, AS istant and 100% hit chance exorcism are op.

You don't need the hunters because :

1) You can hear the sentinel portal forming(electric arc type sound) roughly 3-4 seconds before the sentinel itself is targetable, so even with small adds on you, you can move to the spot and consacrate to pick him up.

2) You can clearely see the portal, and if you are busy with the small adds you can have the tank on the other side call it for you in vent.

We did like this, we had 1 sentinel tank on each side of the room, with 4 tanks total. Positioning was roughly this(lines represent the path of wich the respective sentinel tanks would be responsable of) :

Code: Select all
              /           Humanoid tank        \
             |                                  |
Sentinel tank                M'uru               Sentinel tank
              \          Humanoid tank         /

The hardest by far was when they would spawn close to the humanoid tanks on north or south and you would be killing the small ones on the other side of the room. ><

We've worn around 120ish SR both of us, buffed, altho i also felt like on entropius we needed back those items we lost to SR gear.

We had the "free" sentinel tank picking up entropius each time, while the other would deal with the sentinel or his adds. On the last try i've picked up entropius but we failed cuz i kited him to close to the raid and on the next try wich was the kill my co-tank(warrior) got it.

About the sentinels and the small adds i must say, they don't seem to be hurting that much(might have been that i had SR gear on and u didn't?), each sentinel tank had one paladin healer and that was it, while the small adds died very quickly before they could do anything.

PS : I've noticed 8.5k best dmg entropius did on me, with 7.5-8k average, u were missing some debuff i'm guessing?
caboom

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:22 am

Uhm, from my video, with no specific debuff/buffs, he hit me for a good 11k unblocked.

With Weakness, Recklessness, Ironshield, Devotion aura he was meleeing me for 7k unblocked however.

Personally the "painful" pickups were the spawns on the other side at same time of a sentinel: Exorcism/AS range is less than that, you have to pass through a side group, hit the sentinel, run back to middle, before it oneshots some cloth. We had only 3 tanks, 1 warrior + 1 paladin on the 2 sides, and myself for Sentinel + Spawns.

When we got 7th sentinel i just told to kill m'uru, then stunned spawns (holy wrath ftw) and picked up Entropius, locks finished the spawns with SoC on the boss.

I had only SR buff, sentinel was meleeing for around 7k unblocked (no debuffs) and void blasting for 8-9k ><. The small spawns i could basically tank naked i think however.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:27 am

We opted for a 2nd sentinel tank just because entropius would come up and most of the times all 3 tanks would have been busy, 1 sentinel tank aoeing small adds meant a slow pickup on the next sentinel wich would generally 1 shot someone before they would run to the tank(especially when there was a sentinel spawn on the other side of the room), and slow aoe on the adds could seriously gimp the sentinel tank when he'd have both a sentinel and the small sentinel adds on him at the same time. And i have to say having 4 tanks was so much easier for everyone, and it did trivialise the fight. Some would say that you could gimp the raid's dps for p2 by having 4 tanks, but it didn't for us since all dps and healers ran to the middle and we had constant coh+chain heal spams on everyone, and we don't even have a glaive on any rogue at all(yeah we're the only KJ guild on our realm having illidan on farm for close to 1 year now with absolutely no glaive drop whatsoever ._. ).
caboom

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau