Remove Advertisements

nerf to seals went live

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

nerf to seals went live

Postby steadypal » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:51 pm

wow i had little troubles with threat tonight sov full stack ticking for only 214 un raid buffed... WOW thanks ret qq'ers
steadypal

Postby Arcand » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:55 pm

If you don't like being nerfed you're childish and unamerican.
Arcand

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:06 pm

This thread probably could have been made in a more respectful way, or even tagged in to our existing thread.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby majiben » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:09 pm

Arcand wrote:If you don't like being nerfed you're childish and unamerican.
Your comment is nonsensical even on an american only posting board mch the less an international one.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby knaughty » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:14 pm

How on earth am I going to respond to to this thread in a way that complies with the rules regarding that four-letter acronym I'm not allowed to use....
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 pm

Majiben wrote:
Arcand wrote:If you don't like being nerfed you're childish and unamerican.
Your comment is nonsensical even on an american only posting board mch the less an international one.

He's Canadian so it makes perfect sense.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Ruex » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:29 pm

I'm Canadian and I have no idea what he is talking about. It's just him, so don't think the rest of us have his back on this.
Anyway, so we can see from the title that the recent downgrade hit live, so since the msg is out, can we lock this sucker and move on?

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:36 pm

Ruex wrote:I'm Canadian and I have no idea what he is talking about. It's just him, so don't think the rest of us have his back on this.
Anyway, so we can see from the title that the recent downgrade hit live, so since the msg is out, can we lock this sucker and move on?

First, and I really hate to do this but...You are missing the point.

Secondly, no. While it's not going to win an award for best post ever, there's no reason to lock it at this point. We got nerfed, he's pissed about the amount of damage his seal is doing, you know what, that's OK. Also posting in a manner that is against the rules purely in an attempt to get a thread locked will have repercussions. Not that you did, I'm just saying.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Ruex » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:41 pm

But we also have about 7 threads currently going about this, on 3 or 4 different forums. Do we need another one? The only new piece of info that was listed is that it has gone live. So lets lock it, and let the discussion continue in one of the other establish threads on his issue.
Not to mention is has to do with live and NOT WotLK.

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:44 pm

If you want to discuss an issue of moderation, feel free to PM me, this thread really isn't the place for it. Nonetheless, I disagree with your analysis.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Arcand » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:47 pm

Its repercussions will extend into LK, though, as could be said for 85% of the stuff we're talking about lately. The 'don't talk about level 70 stuff in the LK forum' restriction is becoming less realistic by the day as it becomes the de facto general forum.
Arcand

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:52 pm

Arcand wrote:Its repercussions will extend into LK, though, as could be said for 85% of the stuff we're talking about lately. The 'don't talk about level 70 stuff in the LK forum' restriction is becoming less realistic by the day as it becomes the de facto general forum.

Well the LK issue is valid, but we don't lock posts for that we move them, and I'll take care of that shortly. The LK forum will be disappearing in a few weeks and most valid threads will likely find their way to general.

The difference is this post offers a slightly new context to actual damage being done, and that he did have troubles with threat. Now whether it's all attributed to the seal nerf is certainly open to debate, this is a forum afterall. That said I can't very well lock threads when someone says they have having an issue with threat because of the specific amount of damage a skill is doing, post nerf. Sure the wording is leading towards the blizz QQ stuff but it didn't quite go there, and clearly this thread hasn't gone in that direction.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby knaughty » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:25 am

Instead we're discussing the ethics of forum moderation, which is probably more interesting.

Fridmaar, what's your view of informative, analytical posts that do break the forum rules (he asks, completely innocently).
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby tbolt » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:37 am

214 for a full stack ouch...sucks to be a prot pally...oh wait...:(
tbolt

Postby Bobness » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:22 am

Equates to about 12-13 TPS loss at a full stack as far as i can see for the Seal part..

Could be wrong however. It would be nice to see some realistic figures from some of our more eloquent theorycrafters.
Bobness

Next

Return to General