Remove Advertisements

2-man old raid contents at lvl80?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Myndle » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Interestingly, UBRS can't be duo'd. That is just an example of how some mechanics really just flat out forbid a small number of people from rampaging over things.

(You need 3 people to click at once to unlock one of the bosses, and can't go farther until he is dead).
Myndle

Postby Samilyn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:07 pm

It's been said, but it's worth repeating:

For most of this content, you can bring an ideal group and do it with very few people, but.. why? Twin Emps, 2 Pallies in prot/SR gear with a hybrid healer running between them as needed works fine, it's just really, really long and boring. Plenty of people want the achievements from these zones, or want to see old content the same way you do. Find 15 people to come with you, or plan to spend many hours killing the trash in some of these zones.
Samilyn

Postby Sechs » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Myndle wrote:Interestingly, UBRS can't be duo'd. That is just an example of how some mechanics really just flat out forbid a small number of people from rampaging over things.

(You need 3 people to click at once to unlock one of the bosses, and can't go farther until he is dead).

Interesting thing about Ubrs, Drakkis is actually harder to solo then onyxia thanks to the retarded 8 sec long conflag drakkis do on you every 5 sec. xD

Twins if i remember correctly used to have an enrage timer this not true anymore or?
Sechs

Postby knaughty » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:55 pm

samsara wrote:
Knaughty wrote:Twins port, you need a tank of each flavour at both sides. Well, prot pally can tank both twins (one at a time).

There is an easy tactic where you can do twins with 3 ppl.

The caster is tanked by the WL who puts dots on the mob.
The melee is tanked by the Pally who puts on SoC on the mob (also a dot).

when they port they run to the person who has dot's on it. Quite simple. The only thing to avoid (at least for me) is consceration as it could generate more thread than the warlocks dots (maybe because of 4 pc bonus t6).

Problem is they heal as they run past each other, probably by more than two people can actually damage them.

Could be wrong, but I really doubt you could 3-man them.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Wakeman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Hmm... I hope people on my server will do those old contents....
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Previous

Return to WotLK