Remove Advertisements

KAEL

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

KAEL

Postby Whait » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:03 am

hey for all you people that are in guilds that didnt stop raiding post 3.0.2 is kael still a pita or is he like the rest of the tk trash just a zerg and burn?
Whait

Postby samsara » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:10 am

we did a raid on vash and kael last we, just to look if some twink can get "hand of anal" ( it's actually still posible).

Hm, hard to say, it's not only "Round em up an conscerate" but if you beaten him up pre-3.0 you won't have any problems in killing him now.

Maybe gear is a factor, but i cannot say that much as nearly all ppl in the raid where at sunwell/t6/badge lvl.
samsara

Postby Whait » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:17 am

well my guild pre patch never got to kill him cuse they removed the attunments before we could start progression on him and the general concenus was just to move to BT/hyjal which is were we worked but as of late i would like to get the tital and the neato achievments ( fail blizzard ) good to know its still obtainable
Whait

Postby samsara » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:22 am

if you know the coreaspects of the tactic you shouldn't have any problems with bt/hyjal geared raid to down him.

but as you said you havn't done him before don't expect him to be a one-shot-kill :) you will probably whipe a few times if nobody knows the fight
samsara

Postby ShaiHulud » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:33 am

Whait wrote:well my guild pre patch never got to kill him cuse they removed the attunments before we could start progression on him and the general concenus was just to move to BT/hyjal which is were we worked but as of late i would like to get the tital and the neato achievments ( fail blizzard ) good to know its still obtainable

My guild defeated Kael Pre 2.4. I went to a TK pug last week and half the raid atleast had never seen the encounter. We 2 shot it. It takes very little coordination now. Basically have good melee to interrupt MCs and good casters that know how to use the staff and you win. But as far as I know they took the title out and it is no longer obtainable post 3.0.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Stilgarr » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:56 am

[quote="ShaiHulud But as far as I know they took the title out and it is no longer obtainable post 3.0.[/quote]

Think if you already had the quests done or partially completed it "should" still give the title out, but if your only about to start the chains then it wont.

Will try and have a poke at Vashj this weekend for her vial, it's the only thing I have to do with this guy as I switched mains from my SP after we killed her.
Done the BT stuff already and have Kaels vial in my bag already.

Will hopefully find out and let you know :)
Stilgarr

Postby Ryuusuke » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:06 am

The only real hard phase past the HP nerfs some patches ago has been phase 4.
However, due to the additional -30% hp nerf phase 4 is just like "beat the crap out of him so you don't even get to see what phase 4 is" (meaning, dmg burst so no pyro comes - due to pyro cutting edge with the first phoenix all time... suxx)
Phase 5 is just like the same. Dmg, dmg, dmg

Ah, and don't lket me die when kael is around 2% all the time - happend 3 times now :(
Ryuusuke

Postby Dianora » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:56 pm

samsara wrote:we did a raid on vash and kael last we, just to look if some twink can get "hand of anal" ( it's actually still posible).

Hm, hard to say, it's not only "Round em up an conscerate" but if you beaten him up pre-3.0 you won't have any problems in killing him now.

Maybe gear is a factor, but i cannot say that much as nearly all ppl in the raid where at sunwell/t6/badge lvl.

I think it's possible provided you already have the quest for atunement prior to 3.0.2. I could be wrong though.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:14 pm

My guild and some pugs tried out kael last night and I have to say he is fairly zergable. We got him down to 8 on our 4th or 5th try with a lot of people who had never seen the fight or read up on it. The advisors are a joke when it comes to phase 1. Phase 2 is nothing special. Phase three can be a pita if your healer doesn't keep the warlock tank up (we had tons of trouble with this. Phase 4 and 5 is not bad if you have people who can let the pheonix tank deal with the pheonix alone (until the egg stage of course) and get away from the flame strike (argh it was what killed us due to losing all our melee on it (including me :-( damn TK lag)).
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby twilytgardnfaery » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:28 pm

Dianora wrote:I think it's possible provided you already have the quest for atunement prior to 3.0.2. I could be wrong though.

You are correct. Coming up to 3.0, my guild had been making AMAZING progress on Kael; we had him to 18% at best (I wasn't there that week, but I was present for a 23% attempt)... But then it came down to the last two weeks before the patch.

Down one too many healers.
Down one too many tanks.
A whole new (clueless) batch of DPS.

We called somewhere on the order of SIX raids leading up to the patch due to lack of attendance. The regular raiders were FURIOUS. We got Vashj down a while ago, we'd all done the appropriate steps of the chain that could be done without having raided BT yet (Our GM wanted to do it "right;" progression is there for a reason, so we weren't skipping Vashj and Kael. Experience has told me he was wise to insist on this), but then 3.0 dropped and none of us had our titles. However, if you armory my former main, Arthas - Zenithusa (warlock), you'll see I have my title. We downed Kael the week 3.0 dropped within MINUTES of a server restart (And of course, I missed the EPIC kill because of a wedding, we went back in the following week for me and a few others to get our kill).

As for the ease of the fight... It's not nearly as coordination intensive as it was pre patch. I can't speak to tanking it, unfortunately, because the Kael kill on my lock marked the beginning of the process of really trying to gear my tankadin as my main for WotLK. I can certainly report back tonight or tomorrow though; we're doing Vashj for one of our mages that missed the two kills we got on her before shifting to Kael, and I'm hoping we can do TK right after so I can turn in Vials of Eternity and get my damn Hyjal ring. I have rep for it, but no quest, no ring.
twilytgardnfaery

Postby twilytgardnfaery » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:25 am

No news here =( The votes for BT outweighed the ones for TK, and last night our MT and one of our MH were both down for the count.
twilytgardnfaery

Postby vschiano2008 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:59 am

The Hand of A'dal title is still availible. The requirements SEEM to be :

1) You must have your BT Attunement complete- (the questline for the neckpiece- "Medallion of the Karabor")

2) You must have your Vials quest from BEFORE the patch day. If you drop the quest and go pick it up again, it will not be valid.

Once you are level 71, you can no longer obtain the title. I'd assume it is not availible following WotLK release date.
vschiano2008

Postby katraya » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:39 am

vschiano2008 wrote:2) You must have your Vials quest from BEFORE the patch day. If you drop the quest and go pick it up again, it will not be valid.

Supposedly if you have dropped the quest you can have someone who has it from before 3.0 share it with you and you will still get credit.

Last night we ran through part of the chain for people in the guild. Did Karathress (yay pants!), Vashj, Al'ar and then Kael.

Vashj was ridiculously easy, particularly since half the raid had never done the fight and there wasn't much explanation given. Kael was a pushover too, we wiped the first time do to some issues with corralling the advisers but the second time was fine.

While half the group was in T6, quite a few people were newer 70s or alts with mediocre gear. We also did all but Kael with only 23 people.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Return to Tempest Keep