3.0 Mother how much shadow res?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

3.0 Mother how much shadow res?

Postby Mysticknight » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:37 pm

Okay was just wondering how much shadow res would be needed for her now.
Right now i'm having everyone make 2/5 bt shadow gear the cloak and bracer since we are currently lacking in HoD and can only supply 2 Hod per person. will 80 (+15 to back) cut it? the 2 off tank will be in full shadow res.
Image
User avatar
Mysticknight
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:35 am
Location: Thrall,US

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Like, 0.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13437
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Helpunot » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:22 pm

The other night we did her with half the raid forgetting to bring their SR. Plus, the other offtank died right in the beginning so it was just me + the warrior tank (he can't be silenced of course :evil: ) Made the fight more interesting, I did have my full SR but what you worry more about as the OT is the melee damage she does to you, I would see my health drop down to 2-3k too frequently for my own comfort. And the reason you wear SR?

3.0 nerfed MELEE dmg, not spell dmg, so all of her shadow damage is the same. Be at 2-3k health and not be able to resist any of the shadow dmg she does raidwide orrrrr, have a group port right on top of you = GG. Of course, she is easily resettable so this fight is still a joke.
Helpunot
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:32 pm

Postby Dendrah » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:11 am

We also had that problem and also went for cloak and bracers only. Expect people to die form fatal attraction but for the rest she shouldn't last long enough to oom your healers. 2 pieces of shadow resist was enough for us.

Remember you have shadow aura and shadow prayer which get you up to 150 even without the enchant.
Image
Dendrah
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Postby Azlynn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:23 am

Dendrah wrote:We also had that problem and also went for cloak and bracers only. Expect people to die form fatal attraction but for the rest she shouldn't last long enough to oom your healers. 2 pieces of shadow resist was enough for us.

Remember you have shadow aura and shadow prayer which get you up to 150 even without the enchant.


The problem there is that resistance effects such as auras/prayers/totems/etc don't stack with each other. You can use the aura if need be, but if you've got a priest present the prayer will allow for a potentially more useful aura to be used depending on your paladin count.
Azlynn
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:54 pm

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:06 am

As additional note, the reason for which you don't need SR at all now is that you can bruteforce her. Probably 2-3 people will die at each Fatal Attraction but unless she teleports them on the raid, chances are she's dead by the time she kills 9 people ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13437
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby dmok » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:27 am

Coming off an attempted raid against her on Sunday, we had maybe 1/2 the raid with SR cloaks and nothing else.

We were consistantly getting her to 12%, but never much further (I think 10% was our best of 6 attempts). I figure if we can dig up hearts for 2 pieces of SR gear for everyone, the overall raid damage will drop significantly and we can nail down that last 12%.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:49 am
Location: The Scryers

Postby Helpunot » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:18 am

dmok wrote:Coming off an attempted raid against her on Sunday, we had maybe 1/2 the raid with SR cloaks and nothing else.

We were consistantly getting her to 12%, but never much further (I think 10% was our best of 6 attempts). I figure if we can dig up hearts for 2 pieces of SR gear for everyone, the overall raid damage will drop significantly and we can nail down that last 12%.


Yeah do it... Hearts dont sell anymore except maybe to a guild like yourselves, and even then they arent worth what they used to be. I know my guild probably spent 150k on getting our hearts because of ill luck with farming them. Of course we took her down on our 2nd attempt ever, I then had to wait 3 months for my shoulders to drop and some newbie to the guild not take them over me lolz. EPGP ftl, though overall I love the system.
Helpunot
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:32 pm

Postby Mysticknight » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Ya we going with 2/5 Shadow res this weekend with 2 of the of tank in full sr everyone else will be in cloak and bracer. will let ya know how we do ty all
Image
User avatar
Mysticknight
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:35 am
Location: Thrall,US

Postby Conaan! » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:35 pm

none, we went in with people in greens, blues, kara gear and some S2 geared people, roughly 7 of them, then some t5 geared people, 4 tries, 1 pull i died from 26k saber lash (having no hunter to MD = ftl, 2 get to know the fight tries, then the final try, 23/25 people alive
Image
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
User avatar
Conaan!
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Postby knaughty » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Worldie wrote:As additional note, the reason for which you don't need SR at all now is that you can bruteforce her. Probably 2-3 people will die at each Fatal Attraction but unless she teleports them on the raid, chances are she's dead by the time she kills 9 people ;)

This.

You need geared DPS / heals, and stack some raid-healing, and just burn her down before too many people die.

You will wipe to bad luck (3 MT healers ported on top of MTs, FA on Raid, etc).

The more SR you wear, the more bad luck you can deal with.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
User avatar
knaughty
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Pallypete » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:52 pm

We one-shotted her with our first attempt ever last week, and only a couple people had much SR at all. If you've got the SR neckpieces from the attunement quest and buff and at most the cloak you should be more than fine.
Image
Pallypete
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:48 pm

Postby dmok » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:08 am

just thought I'd add this in here, since it was my topic and all and felt it didn't warrant an entire new thread.


So we got Mother last night, on like our 5th or 6th attempt of the evening. Seems that with low amounts of SR (and only like 6 healers, woo casual raiding guild), this fight is based partially on luck on not having a teleport wipe out a entire group too early.


So my question here is:
Is the requirement to get to Mother/Illidan still inplace of having to kill all the other bosses up to them?

We have only 2 raids left for my guild until LK launches. Being a casual guild, we raid tuesdays and sundays. I was wondeirng if it was possible to kill Naj, Supremus and Akama, then head straight to mother and council (who we got to 50% on our final and best attempt) skipping the 2 entire wings of BT? We are looking for content and not gear at this point, so this would be our best case scenario.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:49 am
Location: The Scryers

Postby Conaan! » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:30 am

dmok wrote:just thought I'd add this in here, since it was my topic and all and felt it didn't warrant an entire new thread.


So we got Mother last night, on like our 5th or 6th attempt of the evening. Seems that with low amounts of SR (and only like 6 healers, woo casual raiding guild), this fight is based partially on luck on not having a teleport wipe out a entire group too early.


So my question here is:
Is the requirement to get to Mother/Illidan still inplace of having to kill all the other bosses up to them?

We have only 2 raids left for my guild until LK launches. Being a casual guild, we raid tuesdays and sundays. I was wondeirng if it was possible to kill Naj, Supremus and Akama, then head straight to mother and council (who we got to 50% on our final and best attempt) skipping the 2 entire wings of BT? We are looking for content and not gear at this point, so this would be our best case scenario.


i think illi councils door is shut until mother is dead and i dont think you can skip illi council without pulling them
Image
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
User avatar
Conaan!
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Postby Rehlachs- » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:36 am

Conaan! wrote:i think illi councils door is shut until mother is dead and i dont think you can skip illi council without pulling them


the door leading to Illidan is opened within an event, when Akama approaches that door and does his Captain Planet-thingy. that event probably won't happen if the council is still alive.
Rehlachs-
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:45 am

Next

Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests