All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Maethoriel » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:02 am

Macha wrote:Anyone here ever had one of these 300 HP survives?[..]

Lowest I had was 57 HP left before getting like 50k overheal ;P
Maethoriel

Postby Seraphia » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:02 am

DeadMilliken wrote:Cons:

Not a great PvE grinding seal as the self dmg can be more than Judge of Light can keep balanced.
Can be missed, blocked, dodged, parried.

Meh, I just run JoWisdom until I feel the need to heal myself, then switch to Seal/Judge of light for a mob or two. Rinse repeat!

---

The only time I ever feel like it would be dangerous to use SoBlood is on a Kara-Prince like fight. There's so much residual raid healing now, I don't even notice the Blood self damage.

Hell maybe it's just the way my guild sets itself up, but when we wipe, I'm usually the last one alive :lol:
-Seraphia <Slap in the Face> : Doomhammer
Seraphia

Postby Sonic » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:24 am

So blood gets buffed again so it functions more like it did in BC. With the mana nerf (was that like hotfixed recently? I swear i was getting over 900 mana on judgment yesterday but I was only getitng like 440 tonight...) they expect the whole, hurt yourself to get healed and activate SA.

Giving blood a boost also servers to help a tad with holy mana regen.

Prot, no clue. no freaking clue. I can understand Wisdom/light nerfs slightly. It's ridicliously easy to get over 1k SD as ret in a 10man. No clue what full T6 people are getting in a full 25 man currently. 80? oh yeah freaking nuts. So letting a Ret still judge those seems the best method since the scaling later on will be nuts.

But killing off SoV and SoR makes no sence. Where exactlly is prot going to get it's compensation without falling right back into a single skill providng 45% dps/tps again?
Sonic

Postby Bobness » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:34 am

For those who r Work retarded can someone please post what the buff is plz :-)
Bobness

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:42 am

The "buff" is that SoB is only nerfed to 95% instead of 80% damage like all the other seals.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Bobness » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:44 am

ohh... it's that kind of "buff" cheers m8
Bobness

Postby Dantriges » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:50 am

Hm buff blood, leave Command in its nerfed state? So will Ret Paladins use SoB instead of SoC in pve content?
Dantriges

Postby Bobness » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:13 am

BE always did & so Do Alliance now
Bobness

Postby Danth » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:37 am

"Talk about boring combat, in 3 gcds you are done and just waiting for cds to come back up"

What's wrong with that? If you're still doing what you're supposed to, where's the problem? Do you really think there mere act of mashing buttons is fun in and of itself? I don't. I think it's a great way to get carpal tunnel or RSI after five or ten years of doing that. The 'spam abilities' fad which plagues the industry these days has ruined more than one game for me. Needless button mashing = bad. Pressing buttons when you make a tactical decision = good.

In other news, the recovery of Retribution's primary PvE seal suggests that Blizzard developers decided that they did in fact over-nerf Retribution. Hopefully we'll see some of the other seals brought back up to par as well.

Danth
Medivh server, on hiatus
Danth

Postby knaughty » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:52 am

Seal/Judge are (IMO) already very good for ret, based on looking at Thepheonix's parse of Naxx-25. DPS/DPM are both awesome, post nerf, pre-un-nerf.

If Ret is still to low with semi-un-nerfed SoBlood, I'd hope they buff DS, and especially CS. CS sucks right now - needs some love - it's barely more DPS than consecrate, and actually lower DPM if there's two mobs up.
Last edited by knaughty on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:56 am

It does have a ironic feel to go and say "We need less ret dps", and reply with "So let's nerf every seal, except the ret one, which we will only nerf a cute little bit instead of a moderate bit".

BUT WHATEVER ._.

And I survived tanking illidan with 14 hp.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ranluka » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:33 am

maybe make concecration spell damage only again, and work "imp conc into one of our existing talents to use the AP factor again.
Ranluka

Postby Corman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:36 am

Why not link Martyr/Blood just like SoC, and make a significant modifier the weapon damage and the AP/SP be nerfed while making weapon damage lower on SoR/SoV and the modifier greater... heck, if SoV is a tanking seal, link it to stam, i don't care... i know it doesn't make sense but unless you remove Sheath of Light I doubt there is any happy balance unless you make some seal damage mod talent deep in prot/holy.
Corman

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:59 am

Corman wrote:Why not link Martyr/Blood just like SoC, and make a significant modifier the weapon damage and the AP/SP be nerfed while making weapon damage lower on SoR/SoV and the modifier greater... heck, if SoV is a tanking seal, link it to stam, i don't care... i know it doesn't make sense but unless you remove Sheath of Light I doubt there is any happy balance unless you make some seal damage mod talent deep in prot/holy.
SoB already works on weapon damage.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Macha » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:45 am

Knaughty wrote:I'd hope they buff DS, and especially CS.

So, to make up for lowered burst, burst is increased.

...I dunnow. That seems exactly what they didn't want.
Macha

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK