Difficulty in tanking rotation

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Difficulty in tanking rotation

Postby Legionp » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:11 pm

I haven't yet tanked on my warrior at 80 (only on my main tankadin). At 70 it always seemed to me that the warrior threat rotation was more complex than a paladins, which lead me to the conclusion that prot tanking is so simple its boring.

Besides this, Ret dps rotation is basically 3 buttons, and Holy is nothing too special either. Are paladins just stupidly easy, or is it just me?

I kind of want to switch to something more reactive, where each fight isn't the exact same (96969). Those of you with both classes (warrior/Pally) at 80, what are the differences you've seen?
Legionp

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:16 pm

I have both classes as well, been playing on my pally for much of BC and my warrior have only been 70 since the patch but I have to say that warrior tanking is more enjoyable.

Is it more complex? Not really, they just use a priority system because of the SnB proc, otherwise it is just the same thing as 96969, however, just by that talent alone, it makes the game more fun. You have to react to the proc and time shield block when you expect lots of incoming damage.

Shield wall and Last stand being on 5 min CD is pretty nice as well. You can't spam it but you aren't afraid to use it either in crucial moments.

I am a convert tbh, really enjoyed pally in TBC (thanks to this site, MT everything up to and including BT/MH) but I will be a prot warrior in wotlk. It just seems more fun to play. However, I will still be reading this board for gear advice and stuff, you guys really know your stuff.
Mark

Postby Jedah » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:11 am

the most reactive you're going to get in regard to a tanking rotation is a warrior's Sword & Board. You'll have to watch for shield slam reset and prioritize it over other abilities out of rotation.
Jedah

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:12 am

Currently warriors don't really have a rotation, too much dependencies on rage and procs, they just got a priority list.

Paladins however do have a rotation, but it doesn't really become effective before level 75, and even there, we got overlapping cds and choices to make as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Bobness » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 am

It's funny ... I rolled a Warrior & found it more "fun"

i.e. more buttons to press, but in the end i Was only pressing the same number of buttons, i guess i just had more to choose from....It's been hard with the warrior to stop spamming shield block, however I still come back to my Paladin.
Bobness

Return to WotLK