Enough with the Flaming..

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Katamai » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Invisusira wrote:Image

You scare me like no one else can O_O
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Garath.Gorefiend » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:59 pm

EvilNuff wrote:
Torquemada wrote:...I do hope that in the urge to nerf Ret to "acceptable" levels they remember that Holy and Prot use some of those abilities too, and we were in need of assistance before, and moreso now. From the posts that GC has put forth, it's clear that they haven't forgotten us. I for one will hold back from bus shocking him until he proves my faith to be wrongly given.

To be honest, I felt that as Prot we were OP compared to the other 2 current tanks. What assistance do you think we needed before this nerf?

Show numbers to back this up. A feeling is irrelevant...numbers is what tell the tale.

Every WWS I have seen shows Bears and Prot Warriors out DPSing us on single targets by a considerable margin.
Garath.Gorefiend

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Garath.Gorefiend wrote:
EvilNuff wrote:
Torquemada wrote:...I do hope that in the urge to nerf Ret to "acceptable" levels they remember that Holy and Prot use some of those abilities too, and we were in need of assistance before, and moreso now. From the posts that GC has put forth, it's clear that they haven't forgotten us. I for one will hold back from bus shocking him until he proves my faith to be wrongly given.

To be honest, I felt that as Prot we were OP compared to the other 2 current tanks. What assistance do you think we needed before this nerf?

Show numbers to back this up. A feeling is irrelevant...numbers is what tell the tale.

Every WWS I have seen shows Bears and Prot Warriors out DPSing us on single targets by a considerable margin.

Indeed, I have little experience with warriors but the bear tank I ran with was off the charts. I can't imagine what you felt was OP about pallys.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby tinalt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:37 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Garath.Gorefiend wrote:
EvilNuff wrote:

Indeed, I have little experience with warriors but the bear tank I ran with was off the charts. I can't imagine what you felt was OP about pallys.

I would guess that they felt OP compared to the DPS they were dishing out on live before. at 70 we can dish out a lot of DPS as a tank, the problem with this thinking is it will be obsolete in 2 weeks when we all leave 70 behind.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:53 pm

I for one would like to extend complimentary cuddling and back/foot rubs to all female bloodelf and draenei (hoof polishing available) paladins as they work through these difficult times.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fafhrd » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:38 pm

No takers :(?

Lend me a foot to demonstrate on Invis.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Macha » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:49 pm

1)Feeling =/= fact

2)our rotation is far easier to do than theirs, theirs changed a lot, ours did not. That is why many warriors and druids will underperform for a while. Warrior rotation for example needs more skill than ours.

3)At 80, the difference is well documented, in our disfavor, regardless of how you feel about it.

No takers :(?

Your avatar scares people away.
Macha

Re: Enough with the Flaming..

Postby crabcrouton » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Bobness wrote:I think it's about time everyone took a deep breath & refrained from baiting each other & descending to a miasma of mediocrity.

feelings are running high right now but lest we forget we're all here together.

If nothing else we should maintain the level of Camaraderie that brought us all here in the first place

& if you've got nothing good to say then say nothing.

/Peace out

I'll second this. I think it's better to talk about common themes than to nitpick about a side point.
crabcrouton

Postby mavfin » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Macha wrote:
That is why many warriors and druids will underperform for a while. Warrior rotation for example needs more skill than ours.

Warrior/Druid rotations are hardly difficult. Warriors simply don't have a 'set' rotation anymore. You have to prioritize, but that doesn't mean it's difficult. Priorities are roughly:

1) Free SS is best
2) Revenge is almost as good, and might proc 1) also see 6)
3) if your SS ever actually gets to run the whole cooldown, make sure you hit it!
4) hit Devastate, maybe you'll proc 1) again
5) If AOEing, or tanking a heavy hitter, keep tclap going, shield block when it's a good idea, and shockwave AOE is just pure FUN!
6) of course HS if you have the rage or the revenge glyph

Druid is even simpler, as there's less buttons.
--Mav
mavfin

Previous

Return to WotLK