Remove Advertisements

Picking up Lynx

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Petrus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:48 pm

I've found that one of the best ways to pick up Lynx's spirit is to do HoTR, Judge on Spirit, then stack your SoV to full and consecrate. Cons/HotR should keep him after that.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:23 am

With 3.0, all of these methods of picking up the Lynx add are way over-complicated.

Turn on enemy health bars (the ones that appear over the NPC itself). As soon as the lynx spawns, hit Avenger's Shield on the boss and it will automatically chain to the add. Done.
Belloc

Postby Katerina » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:50 pm

Belloc wrote:With 3.0, all of these methods of picking up the Lynx add are way over-complicated.

Turn on enemy health bars (the ones that appear over the NPC itself). As soon as the lynx spawns, hit Avenger's Shield on the boss and it will automatically chain to the add. Done.

HotR, RD, and consecrate all work well too. But yeah, instant AS is easy if the CD is up. He's dying for us in right at a min (normally took us right at 2 pre-3.0), so I don't always have it available.

Kind of seems like he doesn't always spawn the spirit - kind of like Nightbane doesn't really land except the first time now.
Katerina

Postby gummyrabbit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:23 pm

I just wait for the big explosion graphic from the Lynx Lord and I hit consecrate...I get the Lynx on me every time since 3.0.
gummyrabbit

Postby BubbaBill » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Did him last night. No problem. First time in there for us and I just went through my normal rotation never even targetted him. Between Cons, HotR, AS he just sticks. Mana was no issue cause I had them both on me whenever they were split. OT warrior was pugged and pretty useless.

Also tanked the Boss before him with the adds Moroes style. Grab em all and mark a kill order. I was a little leary but we plowed through them pretty quickly.

Still couldn't single tank the bear though. The warrior didn't pick him up in transition and he dropped me. Though i do have a feeling a Ret pally or Fury/Arms warrior could probably take troll form in tank gear.
BubbaBill

Postby Katerina » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:24 pm

BubbaBill wrote:Still couldn't single tank the bear though. The warrior didn't pick him up in transition and he dropped me. Though i do have a feeling a Ret pally or Fury/Arms warrior could probably take troll form in tank gear.

Easily. Or a feral druid. We did it like that in 2.4 during bear runs with a pally tank, a CoH priest, a feral druid in kitty except for when we needed damage soaker, and an elemental shammy off-healing. 1.5 tanks, 1.5 healers = speed (though with a lot less margin for error....)
Katerina

Previous

Return to Zul'aman