Soloing-Offtanking Mana Issues

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Soloing-Offtanking Mana Issues

Postby AutomaticZen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:43 am

Is anyone else find they still have slight mana issues while soloing/offtanking? If someone is not attempting to hit you enough to proc BoSanc I find I'm still getting a bit low even with the pre-nerf Seal of Wisdom. With the lowering of mana on return, is anyone wondering how their mana will be in a strictly single-target situation?

(noting that Divine Plea may fill this hole nicely)
AutomaticZen

Postby Bobness » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:46 am

For soloing I have Zero mana issues:-

Seal/Judge Wisdom & BOSanc & Hotr... could keep going all day.

I do however struggle for Mana when trying to OT... guess you could use Seal of Blood/Martyr & Blessing of Sacrifice on MT when it's available.
Bobness

Postby Garath.Gorefiend » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:14 am

Depends what your soloing.

Soloing a pack of melee mobs...no mana issues.

Soloing a pack of casters...much mana issues.

Soloing a big hard slow hitter like Maggoc...yeah, you will still have some mana issues...
Garath.Gorefiend

Re: Soloing-Offtanking Mana Issues

Postby Dianora » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:21 am

AutomaticZen wrote:Is anyone else find they still have slight mana issues while soloing/offtanking? If someone is not attempting to hit you enough to proc BoSanc I find I'm still getting a bit low even with the pre-nerf Seal of Wisdom. With the lowering of mana on return, is anyone wondering how their mana will be in a strictly single-target situation?

(noting that Divine Plea may fill this hole nicely)

On my first pass at leveling to 80, towards the end, I basically cannot solo casters unless I judge wisdom, use seal of wisdom, use divine plea on cooldown to not have problem with mana. The big drop off point for me seemed to be around level 75.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:26 am

heh gotta love my arcane torrent :D
Io.Draco

Postby AutomaticZen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:00 am

Garath.Gorefiend wrote:Depends what your soloing.

Soloing a pack of melee mobs...no mana issues.

Soloing a pack of casters...much mana issues.

Soloing a big hard slow hitter like Maggoc...yeah, you will still have some mana issues...

This is about what I'm finding. The Big hard hitters are slow enough that I'm not getting much out of BoSanc compared to my rotation output. And with the nerf to Seal of Wisdom, (which was allowing me to stay somewhat up) I'm wondering if we might have some problems in the future.

I haven't tanked a pack of casters yet, so I have nothing on that.
AutomaticZen

Postby Afraithe » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:51 am

Definetly haveing some offtank mana issues, more than before since our mana pool is halved, can't chaindrink mana pots, BoSanctuary not kicking in...
Afraithe

Postby Nicki » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:08 am

Afraithe wrote:Definetly haveing some offtank mana issues, more than before since our mana pool is halved, can't chaindrink mana pots, BoSanctuary not kicking in...

I brought up this issue and the caster issue I think though I was basically told too L2P and called a nub...
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby PsiVen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:12 pm

As I posted here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... sid=2000#2

I think the solution is to baseline 15% JotW. It fixes everything, and lets them buff Ret regen without overpowering Holy.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby crabcrouton » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:46 pm

That makes sense. Offtanking hurts when you're the only tank who can't generate resource through dps (as compared to Runic Power/Rage).

Though I have to wonder, if they nerfed Divine Plea in the past specifically because of concerns with Holy's mana regen in PvP, just how realistic will they consider a rebuff to that same issue?
crabcrouton

Return to WotLK