Remove Advertisements

Enough with the Flaming..

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Enough with the Flaming..

Postby Bobness » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:12 am

I think it's about time everyone took a deep breath & refrained from baiting each other & descending to a miasma of mediocrity.

feelings are running high right now but lest we forget we're all here together.

If nothing else we should maintain the level of Camaraderie that brought us all here in the first place

& if you've got nothing good to say then say nothing.

/Peace out
Bobness

Postby Faeth » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:17 am

Very true. Though on a side-note - Flames are only effective when people react to them.

In general i tend to ignore them. As long as they don't add to the discussion / argument(s) / etc they are of no importance to me.

IMO such attitude also prevents any flame (intended or unintended) from escalating.
Faeth

Postby Barathorn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:40 am

Nice sentiment but broken pencil. Everything will calm down in a few days. Let everyone get it out of their system and then the constructive posts will begin again.

:)

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Torquemada » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 am

I don't know that anyone will calm down, nor are they required to. But the fact that someone has an opinion and a lot of emotion behind it is not a valid reason for this forum to turn into a flame war. We're Maintankadins, and we're capable of better. Back when we were youngins we had the urge to prove to ourselves and others that we could run with the big boys and be competitive. We had to tank everything, so show that we can.

For those like us, it's not about proving anymore. The satisfaction is in knowing we could. I quite enjoy helping others now to develop their tanking skills, and kinda picking up for them if they should falter. I don't see a need to flame them when they get touchy or make a mistake, and I don't see a place for it here. The official forums are there for a reason.

Is Ret borked? Yeah. Enough so that they'll need future unborking? Probably, and concrete examples and documentation are what are going to get it turned around. I do hope that in the urge to nerf Ret to "acceptable" levels they remember that Holy and Prot use some of those abilities too, and we were in need of assistance before, and moreso now. From the posts that GC has put forth, it's clear that they haven't forgotten us. I for one will hold back from bus shocking him until he proves my faith to be wrongly given.
A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson
Torquemada

Re: Enough with the Flaming..

Postby Lumennon » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:13 am

Bobness wrote:If nothing else we should maintain the level of Camaraderie that brought us all here in the first place

So true, sir. I commend you!

/signed
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
Lumennon
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:20 am

I really don't care how pissed off you are, flaming won't be tolerated. You can complain all you want, and perhaps rightfully so but there needs to be some sort of objective basis to it and those that disagree need to argue the facts, not the poster.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby EvilNuff » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Torquemada wrote:...I do hope that in the urge to nerf Ret to "acceptable" levels they remember that Holy and Prot use some of those abilities too, and we were in need of assistance before, and moreso now. From the posts that GC has put forth, it's clear that they haven't forgotten us. I for one will hold back from bus shocking him until he proves my faith to be wrongly given.

To be honest, I felt that as Prot we were OP compared to the other 2 current tanks. What assistance do you think we needed before this nerf?
EvilNuff

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:26 pm

Fridmarr wrote:I really don't care how pissed off you are, flaming won't be tolerated. You can complain all you want, and perhaps rightfully so but there needs to be some sort of objective basis to it and those that disagree need to argue the facts, not the poster.

I WOULD CUT OFF YOUR HEAD - DWARF - IF IT STOOD BUT A LITTLE HIGHER FROM THE GROUND
Invisusira

Postby Ghort » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Torquemada wrote:I don't know that anyone will calm down, nor are they required to. But the fact that someone has an opinion and a lot of emotion behind it is not a valid reason for this forum to turn into a flame war. We're Maintankadins, and we're capable of better. Back when we were youngins we had the urge to prove to ourselves and others that we could run with the big boys and be competitive. We had to tank everything, so show that we can.

For those like us, it's not about proving anymore. The satisfaction is in knowing we could. I quite enjoy helping others now to develop their tanking skills, and kinda picking up for them if they should falter. I don't see a need to flame them when they get touchy or make a mistake, and I don't see a place for it here. The official forums are there for a reason.

Is Ret borked? Yeah. Enough so that they'll need future unborking? Probably, and concrete examples and documentation are what are going to get it turned around. I do hope that in the urge to nerf Ret to "acceptable" levels they remember that Holy and Prot use some of those abilities too, and we were in need of assistance before, and moreso now. From the posts that GC has put forth, it's clear that they haven't forgotten us. I for one will hold back from bus shocking him until he proves my faith to be wrongly given.

I have the biggest EPEEN...?

But on a serious note, when I'm prot and AoE tanking as per usual I'm still putting out 700+ DPS, so I'm not too concerned... But jacking up my beautiful ret is probably the only thing that'll hack me off. I figure the reason we do so much damage is that we cant effectively stop or cut down on the heals the enemy player is getting... And if a mage can 2-3 shot someone, I'd like to also! :)

But honestly, its fun messing up MS Warriors in BG's/Arena
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:41 pm

The beta forums are open again, so hammer away there if you feel the need.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:I really don't care how pissed off you are, flaming won't be tolerated. You can complain all you want, and perhaps rightfully so but there needs to be some sort of objective basis to it and those that disagree need to argue the facts, not the poster.

I WOULD CUT OFF YOUR HEAD - DWARF - IF IT STOOD BUT A LITTLE HIGHER FROM THE GROUND

Well that's no fair, I don't have a pointy eared bitch standing behind me to say...You would die before your stroke fell.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Torquemada » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:53 pm

Ghort wrote:I have the biggest EPEEN...?

But on a serious note, when I'm prot and AoE tanking as per usual I'm still putting out 700+ DPS, so I'm not too concerned... But jacking up my beautiful ret is probably the only thing that'll hack me off. I figure the reason we do so much damage is that we cant effectively stop or cut down on the heals the enemy player is getting... And if a mage can 2-3 shot someone, I'd like to also! :)

Quite the reverse. I was referring to the fact that at some point a lot of us were all about fighting to always MT every boss, and feeling like we had to just to prove that we could, that we were good enough. A lot of folks I've come across, in this community and otherwise, are content to main tank when called upon, and otherwise will fill whatever role is required. I don't gripe when they have me tank Infernals on Anetheron, as I'm one of two tanks in my guild who bothered to schill out badges for the gear and I can snap them up with Exorcism(And now AS, woot). I've run with the crew that I'm with now for a little over a year. I don't have to prove myself, I don't have to earn their approval, and I personally don't want the stress headache of being the raid leader, so I'm content to be part of the team and tank things as best helps the group.

As for epeen, the only thing that I go for by that is my achievement rating, which I'm unhappy to say is currently the highest in my guild. I keep hoping people will pass me so that I can say that I have more of a life than they do. Again unfortunately, the closest person to me is my wife.
A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson
Torquemada

Postby uke » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:19 pm

Torquemada wrote: As for epeen, the only thing that I go for by that is my achievement rating, which I'm unhappy to say is currently the highest in my guild. I keep hoping people will pass me so that I can say that I have more of a life than they do. Again unfortunately, the closest person to me is my wife.

LOL, looks like you're out of luck, then. :P
uke

Postby Ghort » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Torquemada wrote:
Ghort wrote:I have the biggest EPEEN...?

Quite the reverse. I was referring to the fact that at some point a lot of us were all about fighting to always MT every boss, and feeling like we had to just to prove that we could, that we were good enough. A lot of folks I've come across, in this community and otherwise, are content to main tank when called upon, and otherwise will fill whatever role is required. I don't gripe when they have me tank Infernals on Anetheron, as I'm one of two tanks in my guild who bothered to schill out badges for the gear and I can snap them up with Exorcism(And now AS, woot). I've run with the crew that I'm with now for a little over a year. I don't have to prove myself, I don't have to earn their approval, and I personally don't want the stress headache of being the raid leader, so I'm content to be part of the team and tank things as best helps the group.

As for epeen, the only thing that I go for by that is my achievement rating, which I'm unhappy to say is currently the highest in my guild. I keep hoping people will pass me so that I can say that I have more of a life than they do. Again unfortunately, the closest person to me is my wife.

Didnt mean it as a bad thing, but you know how text conveys emotions... ;)

And I generally fill in where I'm most needed, but it is NICE to tank the big baddies every once and awhile.. As for achievements, I think most of mine will be had for run thrus of lower levels, alot of them I just dont feel like bothering with again
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:47 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Invisusira wrote:

Well that's no fair, I don't have a pointy eared bitch standing behind me to say...You would die before your stroke fell.

Invisusira

Next

Return to WotLK