Remove Advertisements

High Astromance Solarian

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

High Astromance Solarian

Postby Stormfist » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:54 pm

Hey guys,

So I was wondering, in P2 she spawns 12 adds which need to be slowed and aoe'd while being tanked. 12 adds... aoe... tank... This is screaming paladin right?

If you have done Solarian as a tank for this purpose, how did you do it?

(Our strategy is basically, don't wear A-Resistance gear but all the time just go shit out... I use 600spelldmg (buffed, food, WoA-Totem).)

Peace!

Greetings,
Stormfist
Stormfist

Postby DJSticky » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:36 pm

The raid groups up on me with the AR tanks behind us, I drop a concecrate between the group and the nearest portal and AS the 2nd closest, a hunter MDs the farthest group to me.

I have about the same spell damage as you do for that fight give or take a few, also use Icon of the Silver Crecent and alternate popping that and AW for each round of AoE.

Pretty easy job to do, there are some times those that get away but you can just taunt them back or a warlock fears um around if they run back toward the AR tanks.
DJSticky

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:24 am

We just mark me with something and tell everyone except the AR tanks to stick on me. The rogues will "tank" the priests that spawn, and we have a druid usually grabbing any loose add (i don't know why but there's always one going for the AR tanks)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby rozakk » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:27 pm

i actually spec holy (41/20) when i tank this. with a flask, wrath of air totem and the talent boost from 5/5 divine guidance im around 750-800 spell dmg. we all huddle in the middle under me, the 2 ar tanks move up enuf so that they are in taunt range if any run for them, i'll also holy shock one if i see it running the wrong way. After like 2 consecrate ticks people can go nuts and be ok with that much spell dmg.
rozakk

Postby Chorus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:29 pm

I'd just like to reiterate the whole "everyone pile onto me" idea here. If your guild wins at making a nice compact pile, it will be very easy for you. Most of the adds will run towards the pile, and a few will appear to be gunning for your AR tanks. Have melee run off, aggro them and drag them back into the pile. Other Paladins can taunt them in as well, which is even nicer.

We are not very good at constructing a respectable pile, so good luck.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... w&n=Chorus
Chorus <Dissension>, 80 Paladin of Bleeding Hollow
Chorus

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:31 am

Righteous Defence also wins at grabbing the adds going for AR tanks.
Last edited by Worldie on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Saladin » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:16 pm

cake even without AS ..

consecrate to pick up some of the adds (timing is everything) and taunt off the portal that is away from your consecrate..

I believe there is a bug with Darkmoon card Vengeance that causes it to proc every time the adds spawn.. hence a cpl of em will go for the AR tanks.. if they have the card equipped.. jus taunt them off .. or BOP them and they should come for you
Saladin

Postby Liania » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:27 pm

Well the easist way is when the 3 portals spawn, place yourself inbetween them or so that all 3 add spawns reach you at the same time, drop concecrate and holy shield and wait some secs, then call out aoe.

Mark yourself before that and tell people to follow you around like the others suggested.
Liania

Postby dern » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:53 am

any updates to this post patch?

Anyone know current recommended AR for either the MTs or for off-tanking duty?

Any advice appreciated :)
dern

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:26 am

We're going there today, according to what all known it has became a arcane version of the good old molten core Bomb, + adds.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jarkeld » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:05 pm

No arcane resistance needed at all by anyone. Guild was on her last night, after the nubcakes learned to run out when they're the bomb, were doing her perfect till 37% when our instance server crashed and GGed us. Assuming phase 3 is the same, you can now do this boss as the only tank in the fight. Phase 1, you get the debuff, you run out. Phase 2, everyone dogpiles right on you in the middle of consecrate, which grabs the adds, which are unchanged from before, anyone gets the bomb, they run out.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby Silrathi » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:29 am

For Tanking the adds, I've never had ANY AR gear at all. The way we do it is i stand in the middle of our stacked raid and pop consecration down since healers take initial agro and Frost Nova then Seeds/arcane blast and they fall fairly easy. I've found that MUCH easier to gain agro rather than running inbetween portals to try and grab them all. I'm only running around 350 Spell damage buffed when doing this and i've had no trouble at all.
Silrathi

Postby Dorvan » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:38 pm

Yeah, no AR needed at all. During the split have the raid group up on you in the center, drop consecrate, and then let AoE go to town. Grab a priest when it spawns if you're assigned to one, then just kick back and don't blow up the raid until the next split.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Tekkel » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:40 am

Aye raid on top of u. Concecrate away. I generally pick up a priest after and then go debuff solarian again with sotc.
Tekkel

Postby Inferno255 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:57 pm

We always kept using the masstaunt rotation. As my spelldamage went up and up as I geared up more I ended up tanking all of the adds after the masstaunt ended. So with just consecration I was ditching out more threat than seed spamming warlocks.. Pretty nice I'd say.
Inferno255

Next

Return to Tempest Keep