Tank / PVP Healer

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Tank / PVP Healer

Postby honorshammer » Tue May 08, 2007 11:56 am

What do you think of this?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

I think this build picks up all the key tanking talents, and you've got the 70% interrupt prevention to your healing spells (the most essential PvP talent I think).

I think this paladin, if geared for healing in PvP (resilliance, stamina, int, and healing), will make a very nice PvP healer. Who makes up for the lack of healing efficiency that a holy paladin has, by having substantially increased survivability, via his damage mitigation talents.
User avatar
honorshammer
Moderator
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby Sultan » Wed May 09, 2007 12:53 pm

I dont see the build but we are thinking along the same line. I am a full Prot Pally for 5-mans and such but I turn into a healbot/buffbot in PvP. It's a nice balance of doing different things with my toon. I'm close to 650 in +healing bonus with all my healing gear on, so I'm not complaining. I heal well and I find it to be my most effective attribute for the group/battleground raid then trying to dps the target(s). On certain occassions, I may tank up an elite but rarely.
Sultan (Blood Elf Paladin)
Silver Hand
Sultan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:28 pm

Postby honorshammer » Wed May 09, 2007 1:21 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qVhZVMpIgcdMzgoVbL

From a PVP perspective I have Divine Intellect, and 3/5 Spiritual Focus. Concentration Aura is a base 35% chance to avoid interupt by damage. The talent Improved Concentration Aura increases that by 15% (so 50% total). With just 3 points in Spiritual Focus I gain an additional 42%. So with just 3 in Spiritual Focus, I have a 92% chance to avoid interupt from damage.

The only tanking tools I give up are 1 point in Toughness (2% armor), 1 point in Deflection (1% parry), and Reckoning. Reckoning is nice burst aggro, but it can't be counted on and is not up much during boss fights.

(2 point in Weapons Expertise are a placeholder for Improved Holy Shield in 2.1)
User avatar
honorshammer
Moderator
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Charleston, SC


Return to Basic Training & Talents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest