Supremus problem

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby samsara » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:16 am

Belarkan wrote:It isn't that easy from a healing point of view.
Going in range + casting can kill.

Maybe you should either get full hot at the start, either review your healer's positions either ask any healer in range to focus you.

Hm, i disagree, with some training this is not a big thing. I can remember our beginnings in bt with supremus, all people where running around like chickens, no predictable direction, just away from this big ugly guy. Lots of people where dying by vulcanos.
With the time still a lot of people where dying through vulcanos (it seems our raid consists all of movementcriples but we have fun an actually take bets for 5g before the fight on how many people where dying XD) but the people who where followed just run into the north or the south, the tanks tried to stay togehter and the healer try to stay more in the middle of the map and as you have nice things like bigwigs or dbm you know when the next phase is about to start and can easy get everyone in range.

I've done this fight with my rogue, with my protpally , a friends mage and an restoshaman and never found it hard to stay in range.
As melee and prot it sometimes just sucks to run behind this big ugly guy just to see him turn around and sprint into the oposite direction :)
samsara

Postby Ragingsoul » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:11 pm

I had another problem last week with supremus. I was tanking the 1st phase, all went fine, then 2nd phase comes.. guess what, I was also "tanking" it.

So weird, he switches target, and I'm still dpsing like crazy, and I see my aggro on first again and him turning on me. happended 4 times during phase 2.

did any of you had the same problem? over aggroing when he switches targets?
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:44 pm

It's more like, when he attempts to hurtful someone, and he dodge/parryes, the will attempt again after a moment. If the offtanks get a high streak of avoidance, it might seemb you lost aggro, instead he's still on you but trying to punt that damn gnome warrior on the ground.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ragingsoul » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:52 pm

no, you don't get me, it wasn't on the first phase, it's on the second with no aggro normally. he starts running for someone in the raid, but I manage to keep him targeting me, instead of the other people. 4 times in 1 phase.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul

Postby Tiranknight » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Ragingsoul wrote:no, you don't get me, it wasn't on the first phase, it's on the second with no aggro normally. he starts running for someone in the raid, but I manage to keep him targeting me, instead of the other people. 4 times in 1 phase.

Had that happen one time it was during the Kite phase and he still kept on attacking me... I died because all the Healers were busy running away from him.

weird occurance.. if that happens next time just bubble
Tiranknight

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:49 am

Ragingsoul wrote:no, you don't get me, it wasn't on the first phase, it's on the second with no aggro normally. he starts running for someone in the raid, but I manage to keep him targeting me, instead of the other people. 4 times in 1 phase.

oh, that's semi normal, and happened with Thaladred as well.

Occasionally the fixate effect will end shortly before the next one. For those few seconds he'll try to hit the highest in his threat list (he will still move at lower speed, so as long as everyone is away, it's not important)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belarkan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:25 am

Worldie wrote:

Occasionally the fixate effect will end shortly before the next one. For those few seconds he'll try to hit the highest in his threat list (he will still move at lower speed, so as long as everyone is away, it's not important)

Usually it happens when the target iceblock/divine shield or similar.
Our warrior also stated that the focus is just a high threat number. He seems to think that with enough threat generation you can get the aggro back.
Belarkan

Postby Ragingsoul » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:00 am

Belarkan wrote:
Worldie wrote:

Usually it happens when the target iceblock/divine shield or similar.
Our warrior also stated that the focus is just a high threat number. He seems to think that with enough threat generation you can get the aggro back.

yes, it's exacly that, same at Kael thas, with the guy you're suppose to kite.
Ragingsoul

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:04 am

Are the void walkers still bugged? They might be able to test that idea.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby vschiano2008 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:59 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Also, there's no excuse for healers(or anyone really) to be out of range of the tank. All it takes is always staying within 40 yards of the tank, that should be at Supremus' tail. If none of 5-6 healers can do that, you have a problem.

Ive healed this fight- if you're gettin chased, you run.. not to say that makes an excuse for the entire raid..

but you are right, i tended to just stack on my tank in phase 2 until about 10 seconds before the end of the phase. not good losing your tank.

alot of stuff can go wrong on supremus. simple mechanics, but horrible if you have players that fail at survivability.

if you don't pot or HS as soon as you get hit by a volcano, (and you are dps/heals) you're probably going to die. oh and run.
vschiano2008

Postby majiben » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:58 am

Best way to avoid volcanoes is to run in a little circle so that if it spawns you have already moved out of the way and just run in a little circle a little farther away. Just make sure your circle doesn't intersect anyone else's or you might die to each other's spawn.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Previous

Return to Black Temple