Remove Advertisements

To the ground baby! :D

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Obrimos » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am

ScribeShanky wrote:
Obrimos wrote:Wait, what?

Seals and Judgements still are the core of our combat system, they just suck.

Just like Combo Points and Finishers are part of the Rogue combat system even though most finishers blow.

They dont suck, but were arent as dependent on Seals and Judgements for threat and DPS as we were before patch 3.0. We have new and awesome spells that do more damage, more threat, and still compliment our Seal/Judgement system.

No, they do suck. The scaling on them is terrible for everyone, especially Holy. Ret pallies make the best use of Seals and Judgements now and they still suck for Ret.

We have new, awesome spells that do more damage (and more threat because of that), but they don't compliment Seals and Judgements, they just perpetuate it. Our entire game play design is based around Seals and Judgements. Consecrate, as an ability, is an afterthought. It's defining, perhaps, but it's not as core as Seals and Judgements.

Which were nerfed into the ground.
Obrimos

Postby Katamai » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:05 am

ScribeShanky wrote:They dont suck, but were arent as dependent on Seals and Judgements for threat and DPS as we were before patch 3.0. We have new and awesome spells that do more damage, more threat, and still compliment our Seal/Judgement system.

You're calling level 61 and 75 abilities "core abilities"? And what has changed in 3.0.2 besides HotR? We're not getting ShoR until 75 so you're claim looks rather ridiculous, considering our "core" ability won't be available AT LEAST until Nov 13th.

Only thing we got in 3.0.2 is HotR, which while very good, is hardly an explanation while our combat system suffered such nerfs, especially the latest SoW/JoW/SoL/JoL changes.

Seals and Judgments are STILL the very core of the paladin class, whether you like it or not. Seals and Judgments are among the very first abilities we gain and are used (or should be) throughout the whole game. ShoR and HotR are not, and should not be the reasons for nerfing them into oblivion. Hell, Blizzard even wants Holydins to use Seals and Judgments more and you're telling me they should be ignored? i really wonder if you're serious about this... cause i hope you're not.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Macha » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:37 am

but were arent as dependent on Seals and Judgements for threat

Yes, because they are utter suck now. It's like saying that cutting off a hand is okay - you won't depend on the hand anymore.

Sure, since you can't use it anymore. Well, except to what people with the stump and point at things. Woo.
Macha

Previous

Return to WotLK