How hard did the Nerf hit our TPS?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How hard did the Nerf hit our TPS?

Postby Equitas » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:32 am

I need people who actually play in the Beta with Threatmeters who can tell me what their TPS (sustained, Spikes and possibly averages) was before the nerf and how much it went down after the Patch now.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Re: How hard did the Nerf hit our TPS?

Postby ScribeShanky » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 am

You'll find the fraction of a percent less TPS we produce makes the Protection Paladin unplayable.
I just love it when a good keikaku comes together.
ScribeShanky

Postby majiben » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:39 am

a 5-10% drop.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Equitas » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:43 am

ScribeShanky wrote:You'll find the fraction of a percent less TPS we produce makes the Protection Paladin unplayable.

that was sarcasm right?
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby majiben » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:47 am

Equitas wrote:
ScribeShanky wrote:You'll find the fraction of a percent less TPS we produce makes the Protection Paladin unplayable.

that was sarcasm right?
Yes
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Joanadark » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:48 am

Standing there while JoL generates threat for you is both a dynamic, fun, and innovatively designed playstyle system.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Invisusira » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:06 am

I think he's asking how much the actual nerf to all our seals and judgements' damage hit us, not the fixing of JoL.
Invisusira

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:19 am

The TPS nerf is not much impressive, just hurts more a point where we are already vulnerable (we're the least TPS generating tanks)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:22 am

Majiben wrote:
Equitas wrote:

that was sarcasm right?
Yes

Nooooo.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:17 am

So how is our dps compared to the other tanks then?
Io.Draco

Postby JUSTISE » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:39 am

iono about us being the "least tps generating tanks" but I kno I overtake aggro from our warrior tanks easily. He is more geared than I am. (Not considering me using Wings)
JUSTISE

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:44 am

JUSTISE wrote:iono about us being the "least tps generating tanks" but I kno I overtake aggro from our warrior tanks easily. He is more geared than I am. (Not considering me using Wings)

That warrior then fails, because i cannot possibly generate more TPS than a same geared warrior as me.

Hell, my warrior generates like 500 TPS less than my paladin, one is full crap, other is full t6.5.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:46 am

Worldie wrote:
JUSTISE wrote:iono about us being the "least tps generating tanks" but I kno I overtake aggro from our warrior tanks easily. He is more geared than I am. (Not considering me using Wings)

That warrior then fails, because i cannot possibly generate more TPS than a same geared warrior as me.

Hell, my warrior generates like 500 TPS less than my paladin, one is full crap, other is full t6.5.

maybe he's referring to the JoL bug
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Elexis » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:51 am

There is also the boss armor buff to consider so we might not come out so bad after all.

However, I fail to understand how protadin/healadin seals/judgement needed to be toned down. They were already doing less dmg for me in 3.0 than it did pre 3.0 and it's not like those 2 speccs were soloing fast. Was rather the opposite, single target grinding for prot & holy paladins sucked balls.

Luckily I got alts to grind with and I won't lvl as protection. I do however die a bit inside everytime I see holy/protection paladins grind at snail pace and now it will be even worse.
Elexis

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:33 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Worldie wrote:

maybe he's referring to the JoL bug

Thing is, i'm talking *with* the judgement bug.

My warrior goes around 2400 TPS raidbuffed, my paladin around 3k on average-raiddamage fight (not as excessive as felmyst nor unexistant as attumen)

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to WotLK