To the ground baby! :D

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Zand » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:59 am

Beta! Beta! Beta!

They need to have a group test somehow, so they throw it up on beta and let it roll.

if it sucks too bad, I have faith they'll fix it somehow.
Clan Imbrium - Moved to Greymane!
Zandvor - Paladin Class Leader, Tankadin
Navaj - Warrior, Fury dps extraordinare
Zian - N00b Druid....
Delance - Future Death Knight
Don't ask...I just like tanks.
Zand

Postby Katamai » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:20 am

ScribeShanky wrote:Some of you are acting like the sky is falling-- though, this is a Katamai thread, after all.

Ret needed a nerf. And as far as tanking is concerned, seals aren't really a good chunk of our TPS anyway. Just be glad we still deal Holy damage.

Did you get dropped on the head as a baby or something?

This is a thread how to FIX the nerfs our seals got for 4th time in a row. Not a SKY IS FALLING thread. Prot and holy got nerfed due to ret burst or Blizzard's inability to balance ret.

Go on and scream how everything is fine. You're a Blizzard apologist at its finest.

@ Zand - you mean like they told us not to run 2 paladin tanks in Naxx cause it's a nightmare to taunt 4H? Yeh... i have faith in Blizzard... not.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby ScribeShanky » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:58 am

Katamai wrote:Did you get dropped on the head as a baby or something?

This is a thread how to FIX the nerfs our seals got for 4th time in a row. Prot and holy got nerfed due to ret burst or Blizzard's inability to balance ret.

Go on and scream how everything is fine. You're Blizzard a apologist at its finest.

Ad hominem much?

There are too many factors at work here to make a change that will please you. All the seals need to scale similarly because of the way Holy, Protection, and Retribution gear is itemized. The "Tanking" seals need to scale well with the limited amount of strength available from tanking gear (and spell power from talents), but not so well that Ret Pallies are going to exploit the fuck out of those seals.

Imposing one-handed or two-handed restrictions on Seals is too lazy, too clumsy to implement. The way it's working out now is fine; HotR and ShoR are doing very good damage for us, and whether a couple percent gets knocked off Seal of Whatever should be of very little consequence.
I just love it when a good keikaku comes together.
ScribeShanky

Postby Levantine » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:02 am

Anyone else smell a lock around the corner?
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:03 am

Levantine wrote:Anyone else smell a lock around the corner?

?

(sorry, couldn't resist)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:05 am

I lol'd

<3 Worldi

But seriously, stop calling each other retards, it's the opposite of constructive. It's actually pretty counter productive considering Blizzard reps do read these forums. Does wonders for our reputation and credibility, know what I mean?
Levantine

Postby Rhî » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:10 am

Instead of closing threads, maybe it should rain bans for everyone who attacks another guy in the discussion personally.
Rhî

Postby Belarkan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:21 am

Zand wrote:Beta! Beta! Beta!

They need to have a group test somehow, so they throw it up on beta and let it roll.

if it sucks too bad, I have faith they'll fix it somehow.

mmmm, remind me how they fixed retribution during BC ?
Belarkan

Postby Macha » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:32 am

ScribeShanky wrote:
Katamai wrote:Did you get dropped on the head as a baby or something?

This is a thread how to FIX the nerfs our seals got for 4th time in a row. Prot and holy got nerfed due to ret burst or Blizzard's inability to balance ret.

Go on and scream how everything is fine. You're Blizzard a apologist at its finest.

Ad hominem much?

You don't get to cry about ad hominem after you...posted an ad hominem yourself. Don't be a hypocrit.

The way it's working out now is fine;

No, it isn't. Go to the beta and test it, do not make things up.
I did. It isn't fine. Holy soloing is effectively dead, prot dps is dead too, which kills one of Blizzards goals right there.
Macha

Postby Katamai » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:05 am

ScribeShanky wrote:The way it's working out now is fine; HotR and ShoR are doing very good damage for us, and whether a couple percent gets knocked off Seal of Whatever should be of very little consequence.

The way it's working now it NOT fine. Seals and Judgments are the staple of our combat system yet they have become extremely weak in terms of threat and dps.

Seals and Judgments are the trademark of paladins, yet we're at a point where you shouldn't worry too much if you don't use them at all. That is NOT fine. And while my suggestion may be "lazy", i didn't see you making any before trolling in here.

Having our seals nerfed and then saying "WI R FAIN GUISE!!! WI DONT USE SAELS ANYWAI!" is ridiculous.

Also saying "Ad hominem much?" in the same post with "It's a Katamai thread afterall"... all i can say is, i'm loving the irony.

If anything, maybe a good idea would be to add a pure tanking seal in the prot tree (or add "Imp SoV" into prot), and maybe moving SotP (and changing it into old Imp SoR) deeper into holy so both specs' seals can be balanced without having to worry about ret (ab)using them when their seals get nerfed.

@ Worldie - i almost spit my tea when i saw that pic :X
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby ScribeShanky » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:22 am

Katamai wrote:The way it's working now it NOT fine. Seals and Judgments are the staple of our combat system yet they have become extremely weak in terms of threat and dps.

Seals and Judgments are the trademark of paladins, yet we're at a point where you shouldn't worry too much if you don't use them at all. That is NOT fine. And while my suggestion may be "lazy", i didn't see you making any before trolling in here.

Having our seals nerfed and then saying "WI R FAIN GUISE!!! WI DONT USE SAELS ANYWAI!" is ridiculous.

Also saying "Ad hominem much?" in the same post with "It's a Katamai thread afterall"... all i can say is, i'm loving the irony.

Seals and Judgements WERE the staples of our combat system, and they WERE extremely outdated. Things have changed. We have new, specialized abilities that do more damage, more efficiently than our baseline ones. Judgements are the utility in our rotation, not the damage.

And at least my original post has some merit.
ScribeShanky

Postby Obrimos » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:25 am

ScribeShanky wrote:
Katamai wrote:The way it's working now it NOT fine. Seals and Judgments are the staple of our combat system yet they have become extremely weak in terms of threat and dps.

Seals and Judgements WERE the staples of our combat system, and they WERE extremely outdated. Things have changed. We have new, specialized abilities that do more damage, more efficiently than our baseline ones. Judgements are the utility in our rotation, not the damage.

And at least my original post has some merit.

Wait, what?

Seals and Judgements still are the core of our combat system, they just suck.

Just like Combo Points and Finishers are part of the Rogue combat system even though most finishers blow.
Obrimos

Postby ScribeShanky » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:31 am

Obrimos wrote:Wait, what?

Seals and Judgements still are the core of our combat system, they just suck.

Just like Combo Points and Finishers are part of the Rogue combat system even though most finishers blow.

They dont suck, but were arent as dependent on Seals and Judgements for threat and DPS as we were before patch 3.0. We have new and awesome spells that do more damage, more threat, and still compliment our Seal/Judgement system.
ScribeShanky

Postby Joanadark » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:47 am

This is the reason why we can't have nice things.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:42 am

ScribeShanky wrote:Some of you are acting like the sky is falling-- though, this is a Katamai thread, after all.

Ret needed a nerf. And as far as tanking is concerned, seals aren't really a good chunk of our TPS anyway. Just be glad we still deal Holy damage.

Ret didn't need a nerf.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK