Remove Advertisements

New Build (9138)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Elsie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:31 am

Tbolt wrote:As much as I feel for the Ret pallies out there, I'm more concerned for us prot pallies and our threat. As it was our threat wasn't the greatest compared to the other tanks and now they do this. At least when we had niches we were the best at something, if our threat starts to dip too then we really are the less advanced version of warriors.

Well, it was certainly an unexpected attempt to balance JoL without nerfing it eh?
Elsie

Postby tbolt » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:46 am

Elsie wrote:
Tbolt wrote:As much as I feel for the Ret pallies out there, I'm more concerned for us prot pallies and our threat. As it was our threat wasn't the greatest compared to the other tanks and now they do this. At least when we had niches we were the best at something, if our threat starts to dip too then we really are the less advanced version of warriors.

Well, it was certainly an unexpected attempt to balance JoL without nerfing it eh?

lol yah I guess so, personally though I wish they would fix the JoL threat though 'cause I don't like relying on it. I'd love to see them fix it and just buff our threat. I think our hammer should be doing more damage still and maybe boost ShoR too. If they boost the damage (and consequently threat) of those abilities then we'll just be using our judges kinda like debuffs and let them ride their full duration.
I'm also hoping whatever our 11 pointer turns out to be, it'll augment threat in addition to its other function but then again I'm a threat whore and don't like seeing people anywhere near me on omen.
tbolt

Postby Flex » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:02 am

Couldn't the SoW/JoW changes be inline with the changes to Aspect of the Viper? When you need to regen mana they want you to be doing lower DPS.
Flex

Postby majiben » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:13 am

Flex wrote:Couldn't the SoW/JoW changes be inline with the changes to Aspect of the Viper? When you need to regen mana they want you to be doing lower DPS.
That's a good point. Annoying but good.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Nemue » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:52 am

Flex wrote:Couldn't the SoW/JoW changes be inline with the changes to Aspect of the Viper? When you need to regen mana they want you to be doing lower DPS.

But... what about classuniqueness...? we´d be stepping on huntertoes!!! (oh noes!!)

Thruth be told our manaissues could easily be fixed by some really simple steps.

Make us able to block directdamage spells like fireballs, shadowbolts etc to combat our glaring flaws vs casters, and move the manaregen from BoSanc to Holy shield and make us regen mana equal to %age of dmg blocked.

easy peasy, probably pointed out numerous times by others but true to blizzardnature i guess the idea is tucked away ready to be implemented for some other class as usual.
Nemue

Postby sherck » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:37 am

Sigh.....something like this is what I feared when I saw that Blizzard was going to implement a dual-spec system that allowed for changes "on the fly."

For the 4 classes that have healing specs, Blizzard appears to have made the decision that it will no longer be viable to solo or quest in that spec. Kill the damage output of that spec without issue because characters will then just spec to one of the DPS specs when they need to go kill something and then spec back when they need to heal.

Works okay with Druid, they can go Balance and still use the same gear.
Works okay with Shaman, they can go Elemental and still use same gear.
Works okay with Priests, they can go Shadow and still use the same gear.
Works okay with Paladin, they can go Ret and still....uh, no they cannot.

Sigh....it seems like it would have been a whole lot easier and fair to change Ret abilities rather than nerf the class across the board.

Cheers,
sherck

Previous

Return to WotLK